Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Well it's about time someone finally came out and said it. You sir truly have honor, thank you for stepping up and explaining exactly the problem with the current system is.

Good lord I been waiting for this moment.

Well there you have it, the REAL reasons why premades don't sign up for ranked. It's plain as day and even if you log into the game, you can witness it first hand.

So much for premades wanting competition. :)

Wonder what the next excuse will be...

Are you telling me you don't find it amusing to take on 3 enemies and win? In the scenario presented by the person you quoted, how did being in a premade aid his soloing 3 baddies at a node?

The sentiment expressed in that post is what solo queuers feel they should be doing. Unfortunately, when the 3 people are coordinated, the solo attacker dies in one stun. Working as intended you might say.

Nice to see that one person supporting premades likes to go Rambo on undergeared players and you feel that is proof that premades are the problem in warzones. All I see is that 3 people don't know how to dig their heads out long enough to stop one person.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any idea what the ranked queues are for?

Yeah, I do. Do you? They're for the two or three guilds per server that can field the best geared composition teams. Not for people who are more casual like me and my friends who play maybe for an hour or two on weeknights as we rotate players through who are logging on and off.

Yes getting eight together is difficult at best and time consuming , and whats the point?

Look, I've actually been in groups that have tried to put together ranked kickball and even somewhat succeeded. It took an hour and a half of standing around on the fleet while they scraped willing players of the right class together. All of that for just three games. And that was on the night where we actually got it to work. Sometimes people put a hell of a lot of effort in and you just can't find the players. It's just not feasible for most guilds most nights. At best, I could see it happening with a hell of a lot of effort maybe once or twice a week.

And you know what? I like to pvp, with my friends, and I don't want to have to go through all of that freaking effort just to do it.

They have been pre-season since they were introduced. I have seen no recent information that this status will be changed.

Make ranked premades of 4 + 4 to incentivise the pre-mades to get out of normal and leave the new players and soloers to have their fun their way.

Or, you know, you could stop trying to solo a game that's built around grouping, join a guild and run with two or three friends of your own.

I see this is still going.

Im in a pretty active guild and there are always groups going for pvp.

However because of the times a typically pvp - I usually end up solo quing.

I have absolutely NO problems with solo quing... I win far more than 50% of the time. And even when I lose I normally have played well enough and got my 8 medals and get around 80-90 comms, and thats not bad for losing.

I've been in a lot of all sub groups that have beat teams with a premade on it.

There are a lot of ppl that do solo however that are very casual in their pvp and do stuff like leave nodes undefended and don't call out incomings. Thats normally what loses those games. its because ppl make mistakes - really noob mistakes.

Pre-made groups of 4 are not ruining pvp. If you think they are; i guess you are really unlucky with your ques, are bad and are apart of the problem why your team lost, Or maybe you're server just has a lot of really bad solo quers.

I play on PoT5 - solo quing is just fine.

Not for people who are more casual like me and my friends who play maybe for an hour or two on weeknights as we rotate players through who are logging on and off.

Pretty sure you are not who is being complained about. Generally, they're talking about min/maxed griefers who drop q until they get 6-8 in the warzone, which do exist and do q frequently during peak hours.

Are you telling me you don't find it amusing to take on 3 enemies and win? In the scenario presented by the person you quoted, how did being in a premade aid his soloing 3 baddies at a node?

The sentiment expressed in that post is what solo queuers feel they should be doing. Unfortunately, when the 3 people are coordinated, the solo attacker dies in one stun. Working as intended you might say.

Nice to see that one person supporting premades likes to go Rambo on undergeared players and you feel that is proof that premades are the problem in warzones. All I see is that 3 people don't know how to dig their heads out long enough to stop one person.

Pretty much all it shows is that gear is so greatly imbalanced that aug WH is worth 3 recruits- this though isn't really a surprise.

It's not a problem no, for the people with great gear/premades- obviously. But, most players don't have premades and aren't geared- all this does is prevent people from wanting to pvp.

People can defend the current pvp system all they want- but it obviously isn't working and hasn't been working for almost a year. Most companies, when they see their product becoming less and less popular at such an alarming rate would actually do something about it.

What we instead have is- normal WZ that aren't aimed at normal players, and ranked WZ that are sitting empty. Doesn't take a genius to see something must be done.

It's depressing that this has far more replies than threads about cross server queue's, merc/commando and pretty much anything else.

The worst part is it's the same, small group of people supporting the idea just commenting repeatedly and unfortunately there is always someone new to feed these guys.

Best part about it all... a solo queue will not happen.

When you log in the game and join a pvp queue, you eventually get put on a team.

What the game does is match you up with people that want to pvp as well, in order to make a game.

OK, so you were trying to deceive people, and will claim you weren't lying because you were using a personal definition of "matchmaking" - without saying so - that is pretty much the opposite of the generally accepted meaning. Or you were lying when you made up the excuse for your bogus claim.

I disagree with CommanderKeeva on the desirability of solo-only queues, or the skill level of pugs/premades. But I get the impression they're trying to argue their point with integrity and reference to reason. If you accept that the other side might have a point, you can come to a better conclusion: for instance, over the course of the various threads I've realised that the point that some way to separate people by their PvP effectiveness is good, as that way we can all get more even and enjoyable games, and improve in our own time rather than be destroyed as a novice and possibly quitting. Though I don't think splitting queues is a smart way to do it for many reasons explained many times.

You aren't an honest debater. I don't actually mind people who disagree with me, but people who just want to "win" an argument rather than argue out the truth of the matter constructively aren't worth wasting time on.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Well it's about time someone finally came out and said it. You sir truly have honor, thank you for stepping up and explaining exactly the problem with the current system is.

Good lord I been waiting for this moment.

Well there you have it, the REAL reasons why premades don't sign up for ranked. It's plain as day and even if you log into the game, you can witness it first hand.

So much for premades wanting competition. :)

Wonder what the next excuse will be...

It's been said before (pretty sure I told you, but to lazy to check), and why should any premade player feel bad i.e. not enjoying killing in PvP regardless what gear the victim has? It's not their fault the other team was not smart enough to notice they had 3 recruits running together instead of splitting people up more evenly across the objectives (it's rare to have 3 recruits in one WZ btw) When I pug Or have a 4man with 4 pugs we make sure that recruits get put with others that can help offset that and certainly would not have them protect a node. But that's why most smart players group, so they have more say in make up and less people that go mindlessly into battle.

But in the end your just a troll, because you have been told many times the valid reasons most do not que ranked. Are there buttheads? Sure buts that a small percentage of premades and just a fact of life, because you give them the satisfaction they are looking for when you come here or in game and cry.... it only reinforces that behavior. Remember only you can give them the power to let them upset you.

I could go on but so far you have been a waste of time.

It's depressing that this has far more replies than threads about cross server queue's, merc/commando and pretty much anything else.

The worst part is it's the same, small group of people supporting the idea just commenting repeatedly and unfortunately there is always someone new to feed these guys.

Depressing, but unsurprising.

Cross server queue is (more or less) something unanimously agreed upon. To support the game in it's current state and get queues (and hopefully ranked) really flowing., it needs to happen. People say it, and then move on, and the thread doesn't go that far.

Same with Commando/Merc. Everyone who's played a good handful of classes can see they are the worst off class for any sort of DPS. It's just not a contentious point.

But Solo-only queue? I can see why people would want it. I can see why people don't. That's why the thread is so big. Ironically, it's more prominent than other threads because it's LESS of a unanimously agreed upon issue.

Depressing, but unsurprising.

Cross server queue is (more or less) something unanimously agreed upon. To support the game in it's current state and get queues (and hopefully ranked) really flowing., it needs to happen. People say it, and then move on, and the thread doesn't go that far.

Same with Commando/Merc. Everyone who's played a good handful of classes can see they are the worst off class for any sort of DPS. It's just not a contentious point.

But Solo-only queue? I can see why people would want it. I can see why people don't. That's why the thread is so big. Ironically, it's more prominent than other threads because it's LESS of a unanimously agreed upon issue.

You have a point... I guess I'm just tired of looking at it since i personally think it's a horrible idea and there are far more important things to have on my Xmas wish list.

Of course.... just my opinion.

The vast majority of people that play the game are solo Queue. The real minority is the premade. That's why ranked has pretty much gone away.

I solo queue the majority of the time so I'd love to see a solo (only) ranked queue. I also don't really mind facing a premade either. Who doesn't like a challenge. Now it does get annoying when you face them 5 times in a row but frankly that is what alt-f4 is for.

Also most premade will say "we want a challenge too" well you know, you can have it! Split up into two groups and stagger your queue or solo queue yourselves. But they won't do it. Because frankly most of those players on their own really are not very good players.

But whatever, the real reason why solo queue won't happen is because the ranked queue bombed. Not because the majority don't want it.

The vast majority of people that play the game are solo Queue. The real minority is the premade. That's why ranked has pretty much gone away.

I solo queue the majority of the time so I'd love to see a solo (only) ranked queue. I also don't really mind facing a premade either. Who doesn't like a challenge. Now it does get annoying when you face them 5 times in a row but frankly that is what alt-f4 is for.

Also most premade will say "we want a challenge too" well you know, you can have it! Split up into two groups and stagger your queue or solo queue yourselves. But they won't do it. Because frankly most of those players on their own really are not very good players.

But whatever, the real reason why solo queue won't happen is because the ranked queue bombed. Not because the majority don't want it.

Most premades do want challenges and the other night did have two teams queuing up at the same time for ranked. Its a problem when you cannot always do that. You never know how long you will be waiting and when you do get that ranked queue to pop there is a chance it is empty.

How can premades be the minority when there is always a double premade on the other team? :eek:

At least that's what I learned on the forums.

Any solution advocating for people to not play with their friends is both ignorant and unproductive. What you fail to understand is that you are not Rambo. You say that they aren't very good players apart (not that you would have any idea), but last I checked warzones aren't dueling arenas.

Maybe you should take a step back and examine why you feel that being able to beat any one person on the other team makes you a better player (hint: it doesn't). I'll take a player who can call incs and defend a node from being capped until help arrives over someone who can solo everyone on the other team any day.

How can premades be the minority when there is always a double premade on the other team? :eek:

At least that's what I learned on the forums.

Any solution advocating for people to not play with their friends is both ignorant and unproductive. What you fail to understand is that you are not Rambo. You say that they aren't very good players apart (not that you would have any idea), but last I checked warzones aren't dueling arenas.

Maybe you should take a step back and examine why you feel that being able to beat any one person on the other team makes you a better player (hint: it doesn't). I'll take a player who can call incs and defend a node from being capped until help arrives over someone who can solo everyone on the other team any day.

ummm ok. This is not about me. If I want to play on a team I'll play on a team.

However, when the people I want to group with are not on I am gonna solo queue and like I said I usually don't mind going against that premade because there are some really good solo players on my server that can at least put up a good fight if not outright beat them.

But that's not the point. The point is to have more options for everyone. It really boggles my mind why people are so radically opposed to this idea. It gives us more to do. But but the queue won't pop for us minority is the next argument. So, pop into the solo queue fight your friends. Smack talk over vent. What's the problem?

OK, so you were trying to deceive people, and will claim you weren't lying because you were using a personal definition of "matchmaking" - without saying so - that is pretty much the opposite of the generally accepted meaning. Or you were lying when you made up the excuse for your bogus claim.

I disagree with CommanderKeeva on the desirability of solo-only queues, or the skill level of pugs/premades. But I get the impression they're trying to argue their point with integrity and reference to reason. If you accept that the other side might have a point, you can come to a better conclusion: for instance, over the course of the various threads I've realised that the point that some way to separate people by their PvP effectiveness is good, as that way we can all get more even and enjoyable games, and improve in our own time rather than be destroyed as a novice and possibly quitting. Though I don't think splitting queues is a smart way to do it for many reasons explained many times.

You aren't an honest debater. I don't actually mind people who disagree with me, but people who just want to "win" an argument rather than argue out the truth of the matter constructively aren't worth wasting time on.

I agree here. Of all the people I've debated/argued with (CommanderKeeva, Foxmob, etc...), they have atleast tried to have valid points, use generally accepted terms, and I believe they actually believe what they preach even if I feel it's misguided.

Tridus is just a troll, and I doubt I will respond to anything they say any more, since they clearly ignore common terms, and continue to ignore the 3 points of my position, which I have not waivered from in this debate. So long Troll Tridus =P

ummm ok. This is not about me. If I want to play on a team I'll play on a team.

However, when the people I want to group with are not on I am gonna solo queue and like I said I usually don't mind going against that premade because there are some really good solo players on my server that can at least put up a good fight if not outright beat them.

But that's not the point. The point is to have more options for everyone. It really boggles my mind why people are so radically opposed to this idea. It gives us more to do. But but the queue won't pop for us minority is the next argument. So, pop into the solo queue fight your friends. Smack talk over vent. What's the problem?

Because a better option exists, and that is proper matchmaking based on a criteria.

Let's step back and remember all groups/premades are not good. Being in a premade doesn't guarantee you will be good, or have full WH, or even that the group has a specific combination. Introduce matchmaking (and cross server queuing) now, and the issue shouldn't matter.

A full WH group queue's up? The system will ty its hardest to match them to a group of full WH, or atleast 4 pugs in full WH. A group with 2 recruits and 2 Wh's queue's... against the system is going to match them as close as it can to another group of similiar gear, or balance the pugs so there are atleast 2 recruits and 2 WH.

Of course, the criteria wouldd need to be set in a way it can't be fooled. Win/loss ratio, medal/loss ratio, Highest gear average, etc... those are details to be decided by those whom can implement it. Even if the criteria is simply group matching prioritized, with enough population (cross server) Matchmaking works as a solo and/or group queue, while allowing for filling for partial premades and backfilling.

I'd hazard to guess most people aren't against changing the system to have a "more even playfield" but the split quue idea is just a bad one, with too many logistical and for lack of a better word "moral" problems.

There should, ultimately, be a pvp option for competitive players, and one for non-competitive players.

Simply put- make ranked pvp have two queues, both with elo systems. One is for full premades, one is for partial premades and solo. Most successful esport games already do this. But- since the pvp interest in this game is currently so low, premades do have a point in saying that 'then queues would never pop'- simple answer- xserver for ranked. If you're in ranked for competition, having a bigger pool is better anyway, rather than always fighting the same two premades from your server.

Then, keep normal queues premade free.

Casuals get their entry level, fun, non competitive pvp- competitive players get what they want without losing their queues- and frankly if every server put together still has too few players for ranked pvp, that probably is a message about what players in general want from the game.

Because a better option exists, and that is proper matchmaking based on a criteria.

Let's step back and remember all groups/premades are not good. Being in a premade doesn't guarantee you will be good, or have full WH, or even that the group has a specific combination. Introduce matchmaking (and cross server queuing) now, and the issue shouldn't matter.

A full WH group queue's up? The system will ty its hardest to match them to a group of full WH, or atleast 4 pugs in full WH. A group with 2 recruits and 2 Wh's queue's... against the system is going to match them as close as it can to another group of similiar gear, or balance the pugs so there are atleast 2 recruits and 2 WH.

Of course, the criteria wouldd need to be set in a way it can't be fooled. Win/loss ratio, medal/loss ratio, Highest gear average, etc... those are details to be decided by those whom can implement it. Even if the criteria is simply group matching prioritized, with enough population (cross server) Matchmaking works as a solo and/or group queue, while allowing for filling for partial premades and backfilling.

I'd hazard to guess most people aren't against changing the system to have a "more even playfield" but the split quue idea is just a bad one, with too many logistical and for lack of a better word "moral" problems.

I have no issues with this a all. It's a good solution but (you know there is a but) the population I don't think is large enough to support it. If it was, I'd be all for this. And I certainly reconize that the population *may* be enough.

Edited by Kawiki

There should, ultimately, be a pvp option for competitive players, and one for non-competitive players.

Simply put- make ranked pvp have two queues, both with elo systems. One is for full premades, one is for partial premades and solo. Most successful esport games already do this. But- since the pvp interest in this game is currently so low, premades do have a point in saying that 'then queues would never pop'- simple answer- xserver for ranked. If you're in ranked for competition, having a bigger pool is better anyway, rather than always fighting the same two premades from your server.

Then, keep normal queues premade free.

Casuals get their entry level, fun, non competitive pvp- competitive players get what they want without losing their queues- and frankly if every server put together still has too few players for ranked pvp, that probably is a message about what players in general want from the game.

What about filling and backfilling for "competitive" teams. Let's not pretend D/c's never happen, and 1 random replacement is better than doing a whole match 7 vs 8 when you're on the "competitive" scale.

I'd also like to point out... PvP -is- competition! You can't have non-competitive competitions! You can have friendly ones, but at the end of the day 1 person wins, one person loses. What makes it friendly really just depends on how butt hurt the losers feel about it (usually those who don't really want competition).

They can get that on Tattooine. Stop suggesting stuff

Yeah I love taking a few hours roaming Tattooine and gank lowly reps. I sometimes wait until they are nearly done with their heroic or other quests long inside czerka base. Then *bam* from stealth they are dead. It feels more satisfactory knowing that F2P players has to pay to get revived on spot. I feel like I do a good deed for the game bringing in medical probe revenue.

You bring up Tattooine as the place where 90% of the players of this game should get their pvp... and then tell me to stop making suggestions.

Bravo- you win the troll of the week award.

No I am telling you that if they want casual non-competitive pvp they can meet up there and stay out of warzones where all they will do is take up space and complain.

But thanks for the award.