Ranked WZs/Kick-ball

Expostar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. I was all proud of myself on the sin the other day in CW. I was one shock away from killing Fancy and taking the node. then, out of nowhere, BAM! he's up to 70-80% hp. I looked around for the scoundrel healer who must've been hidden when I opened up on his tank. there was no healer. tanks aren't all that bad. :( Edited by foxmob

I'm not sure if "You probably can't 1v1 us" is a compliment... that's kinda like saying "I had fun in that huttball against you yesterday, Moonrunner, you gave me plenty of leaps :p". Especially since Damager's exact description of me farming him in a VS was "You tooled my mara", Caprica doesn't even bother attacking when we duel, Ilye openly admits that he/maras can't take me, and blunti just camos :p But hey, to each their own!

I don't understand what you're trying to say here Vasyel. I don't doubt that you could challenge or beat many of the top dps on the server in 1vs1 including Uncensored, you're class/spec is one the best for 1vs1 but I do question it's role in ranked.That being said I also enjoy playing against you as you always make healing a challenge. You should work towards putting together a consistent ranked team.

Moonrunner we would love to make a consistent ranked team just real life and having everyone on at the same time but....Vasyel can easily solo anyone on this server and then some. Too many people complain he griefs people but he is doing his job. He would be happy to challenge everyone. His class is designed for it but in Ranked his role is usually healing or he is great taking a node or guarding.

Other than that good luck in ranked Uncensored:)

Vasyel, I wanna duel you moar! :p Also my sorc is starting to be decently geared, can't wait to see how that match-up will go. And you probably misinterpreted what Moon said. Yeah I think that mara can't beat scrapper, although the last wz I faced you made me think rage might have a chance if grenades are allowed into the duel. I don't think you being able to kill any mara is what make you good though, I don't think any mara could survive me being scrapper either. You killing me when I'm scoundrel healer is far more impressive imho, especially since you win when I go scrapper and you heal too. But beware, you're the best for now, but I'm practicing! I still stand by my claim that healer scoundrel should beat scrapper over 60% of the time.

And stop trolling about having no pure tank, you know I know :D

Vasyel, I wanna duel you moar! :p Also my sorc is starting to be decently geared, can't wait to see how that match-up will go. And you probably misinterpreted what Moon said. Yeah I think that mara can't beat scrapper, although the last wz I faced you made me think rage might have a chance if grenades are allowed into the duel. I don't think you being able to kill any mara is what make you good though, I don't think any mara could survive me being scrapper either. You killing me when I'm scoundrel healer is far more impressive imho, especially since you win when I go scrapper and you heal too. But beware, you're the best for now, but I'm practicing! I still stand by my claim that healer scoundrel should beat scrapper over 60% of the time.

And stop trolling about having no pure tank, you know I know :D

Edit : Barbie, come on, you can't really be saying Vasyel doesn't grief lol

Edit2 : my bad I quoted my post instead of editing I'm a noob

Edited by Dhrasur

I don't understand what you're trying to say here Vasyel. I don't doubt that you could challenge or beat many of the top dps on the server in 1vs1 including Uncensored,

I'm not sure if "You probably can't 1v1 us" is a compliment

-1 reading comprehension.

Misinterpret indeed, I never said you can't I said you probably could :) Re-read muh posts, you'll see I was being nothing but respectful. Whether it's true you're "the best" at 1vs1 on the server I have no idea and will make no assumptions but what I will say now is that allot of the more skilled players are not taking SWTOR seriously atm. In all seriousness the best have left.

For example; I used to drift on in classes all the time thinking how I could improve my gameplay, use better strats, be more effective in certain situations etc but SWTOR seems to be lacking that level of play and competition as Utopi mentioned earlier, things right now are more casual. I really do hope Bioware can pick things up to the point where SWTOR is considered to be a high level competitive game. By no means do I expect competition to raise to the level of say Starcraft but maybe to where WOW's PVP once was. If/when that happens myself and others will start busting out the spread sheets and theorycraft and you'll see an entirely different kind of PVP.

Ilye Don't leave me! Who will i practice tanking for, if you unsub, i'll cry.

Moon is a good guy carth, why do you have to troll him with that 1st grade reading level of yours?

Jinks, I had my fun in the pugs, now that watchmen is gone and isn't farming reg warzones I need to got roflstomped by premades. I commend you for starting back up your ranked team.

TO ALL: even in my days of Cell Block we couldn't have a prominent rank team because there were only 5 of us, we had bad comps from the scraps we'd pick out of the unwanted bins... Now I find myself in the same position on imp side. I really want to kick some *** in ranked but i need more players. ILYE why can't you play 7 characters at once?

I've never understood the 1v1 mentality. Pvp to me is like sex. If you do it without anyone playing with you, you're just jerking off. It is a team game, and 1v1s play such a small role when compared to the other times when you aren't by yourself. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a guy that sucks at 1v1s but rocks at 4v6.

Before someone chimes in with "such and such 1v1 won us a game", just remember that team play at another location probably created that 1v1 situation.

Edited by Ravashakk

Tbh, I disagree partially with what you are saying Neb. I think being very good at duels is useful in warzone, if only for knowing what to do in certain situations. But I don't feel like explaining my view more than this and I completely respect your opinion. The real reason I like dueling isn't rational at all, I just find it fun for what it is. Some match-up are funnier than others. Marauder against powertech is boring imho, but sorc vs mara or sniper vs mara is amazingly fun. I also like that having a 1v1 limit the possibilities up to a point where it's possible to make a "duel plan" against a lot of possibilities.

gonna be honest here...

all I got outta that is neb likes group sex.

:p

And all I got out of that was if it comes down to 1v1 and then someone ninja's into the fight then I guess it turns into surprise group sex?

Also, sorry for the de-rail, I keep forgetting that BW is stricter in their regulation of steathily inserted off-topic posts into a thread.

Good luck with ranked Uncensored!

I've never understood the 1v1 mentality. Pvp to me is like sex. If you do it without anyone playing with you, you're just jerking off. It is a team game, and 1v1s play such a small role when compared to the other times when you aren't by yourself. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a guy that sucks at 1v1s but rocks at 4v6.

Before someone chimes in with "such and such 1v1 won us a game", just remember that team play at another location probably created that 1v1 situation.

I would argue that 1v1 potential is important, especially since it promotes player knowledge towards other classes. Especially since in many wz's players end up in the position where they need to guard or attempt to assist a person who was guarding and is attacked. So if you run in and get killed in 4 seconds, it doesn't matter how good of a support player you are, you just did a large disservice to your team

I would add to what Vasyel said that if someone is really good at duel, it is a generally safe assumption that he is going to be a good player in other areas of the game up to a certain point. Also, dueling is a place where I consider I have room for improvement and it's something I can practice whenever I get a dueling partner. It's hard to get better in reg wz when the teams are so often imbalanced and pugs created situations that you wouldn't encounter in ranked anyways. If I could practice ranked warzones, like 8v8 in guild, I would, it's just not doable for Uncensored.

Heads up, Uncensored will be going back to what we were doing before kick-ball. We will be in the ranked Queue 5-7 days a week. I know this will piss a lot of people off. We're not trying to be inconsiderate, we're just trying to do what we love with or without pops.

Ranked is designed for competitive play so I hope the server can start putting together guild teams like Unicorn and Republic Strikes Back. Another option is well rounded teams from kickball. I played at least 10 nights with you guys and there are many great players that could give anyone a run for their money when put together.

If you understand, thanks! If not I'm sorry, but I have the health and moral of my guild to worry about.

Not a problem jinx , i'll put the pug rankeds on hold for now unless someone else wants to get them going and when you guys get tired of sitting on your thumbs waiting for ranked pops let me know we'll fire the pug rankeds back up , wouldn't want the health or moral of your guild to worry you lol.