Why Xalek is Squishy?

lironBD

SO I'm having some weird time utilizing my tank pet... I mostly use Khem which have 1 part columi + 1 custom blade + recruit pvp set = 19 K hp... Xalek have 1 Battlemaster robe (which i don't use) + Tion\energized stuff = 19 K hp.

it seems that both of them can hold some but xalek lose hp fast as hell, Example = on the +2 heroic daily mission in ilum Khem can hold the grunts group pretty well and finish the fight with 60-80% hp, while xalek even with Static barrier lose 60% hp after 1 sec...

This issue seems to repeat itself and so if i want to have some xalek time I need to constant take care of him and heal him all the time, why is my xalek squishy?

because pvp gears are bad? your companions arent a superhero. if ya want to make them count, gear them like you would gear yourself. if you keep giving them stock/default gears. they arent going to do much for you but be a boxing bag for mobs.

I have rakata gears on my xalek and khem, and both still bad. might get better if I bother to mod the mods and enhancements which I wont do on a companion. so I just live with it.

plus at lvl 50, companions arent much use, like you said for the dailies, but those +2 heroics dailies arent design for 1 person (+ companion). is for 2 people. with companion is like 1.2 players lol.

Khem wears heavy armor, Xalek uses light. I dont know, I think that play a very important part. companions dont get the benefits of talents that boost armor from what they wear. if you want xalek to have better survivability you gonna have to change a few mods for more defence, shield and or absorb.

Most ppl use xalek as a mule, meaning they they carry stuff for SI.

Khem wears heavy armor, Xalek uses light. I dont know, I think that play a very important part. companions dont get the benefits of talents that boost armor from what they wear. if you want xalek to have better survivability you gonna have to change a few mods for more defence, shield and or absorb.

Most ppl use xalek as a mule, meaning they they carry stuff for SI.

That's what I use him for. Xalek carries my tank gear when I'm dps specced, and vice versa. The tank gear is full columi, custom modded with some veracity crafted stuff, it's the gear I myself tank in as well. I tank HM FP's with it, Xalek can't even tank Black Hole daily mobs without dying on every group :(.

Thing is that as I see it each companion represent some kind of class... for example Khem is Juggernaut while Xalek is Assassin tank.

While we're doing pve content on my guild some of our best most experienced tanks are assassins same as xalek so there is some difference there which make him useless...

Why Khem work as intended and can survive almost everything I throw at him and even we've used him as tank on some flashpoints (D7 etc..) and xalek is the most squishy companion ever! even ashara survive more then him.. :X

-Heavy armor wearing player tanks when they turn on their tank stance (soresu form/ion cell), get +60% armor

-Heavy armor wearing companion tanks get no armor increase in their tank stance.

-Light armor (shadow/assassin) player tanks get +115% armor in their tank stance (with which they are far below heavy armor tanks in total armor, the 150% they had before 1.3 was a bit closer)

and what about Xalek

Xalek gets +40% armor in his tank mode. Seriously, 40%.

All I can say, is he would need more than +100% to be anywhere near equal to Khem val

Also, to add to all that, Shadow/Assassin tanks have other abilities that to some extent compensate for the difference in armor, compared to heavy armor tanks, but a companion like Xalek does not have any of that.

Edited by Eternalnight

as a deception assasin i have found xalek more useful than khem.

mostly cause he has my cast offs and his agro mean i can get behind npc and maul them we take down npc very fast.

all tank companions can be flawed i found kaliyo to be a very bad tank for my sniper the comp tanks need a buff to get them on par with players tanks (well just under)