Voice acting

LegendaryBlade

Am I the only one that thinks the Jedi Consular has the worst VA of any of the classes yet? I haven't gotten very far in the story, I just started my Consular and already I cringe everytime I go through dialogue.

I've already had to kind of go back and redo his appearance after I realized the young-ish looking character I made would be impossible to fit to this super deep late-thirties early-fourties voice. Even after making a more appropriate character model though he just sounds so...bad. It's made me reconsider playing through his story and I feel bad that such a trivial thing gets to me but...it does.

Yes I agree. The male consular Voice is really bad.

I tried to live with it because I wasted the romance option, but it was just so bad I gave up and rollend a female char.

I guess there Will be no romance on this char unless they hurry up and implement same gender romance.

Ehh, I really don't want to roll a female character. I guess i'll just have to choke it down and deal with it, or else just put off playing the Consular story for awhile.

What I don't get is why would they give him the voice of someone who just finished their mid life crisis if he's supposed to be a padawan? Shouldn't he at least be a -bit- more youthful? Am I the only one that thinks this?

I think that the Consular's storyline is quite boring, but not the voice acting.

My main is a male Jedi Sage, and I've been hearing him speak since Beta. I think Nolan North's voice is quite fitting with the stereotype of a calm, diplomatic kind of Jedi. I like it in my light side sage, no doubt.

Of course, I still think that the male Knight or, say, female Agent's voice talents are better. But, nonetheless, I wouldn't say male consular's voice is bad.

There's one thing that's got me thinking, though. Am I the only one who noticed a slight change in the consular's voice with the latest recorded dialogue? In the HK and Section X conversations, I mean. It's like North had a cold or something... Maybe they even changed the voice actor? Or it may be just me...

There's one thing that's got me thinking, though. Am I the only one who noticed a slight change in the consular's voice with the latest recorded dialogue? In the HK and Section X conversations, I mean. It's like North had a cold or something... Maybe they even changed the voice actor? Or it may be just me...

i noticed this too. it sounds like him, but at the same time, it doesnt. it caught me off guard at first, but i dont care too much about how my character sounds anyways.

I think that the Consular's storyline is quite boring, but not the voice acting.

My main is a male Jedi Sage, and I've been hearing him speak since Beta. I think Nolan North's voice is quite fitting with the stereotype of a calm, diplomatic kind of Jedi. I like it in my light side sage, no doubt.

Of course, I still think that the male Knight or, say, female Agent's voice talents are better. But, nonetheless, I wouldn't say male consular's voice is bad.

Holy crap, it's Nolan North?

What happened, I loved you in...everything else you've ever done. The Jedi Consular voice is pretty abysmal though. I feel like, given his talents, he really could of outshined this role; or at very least chosen something other than a grizzled middle aged man sound.

Don't know what y'all are smoking. Nolan North acted the hell out of this role. This is the same guy that did the voice of Desmond Miles in the Assassin's Creeds. Also the voice of Drake in the Uncharted series.

As far as this game, there is some of the best voice acting I have ever heard all around. I especially love male Sith Warrior. North's work in this game is no exception. It fits the Consular style perfectly. Extremely calm and reasonable at all times with only the subtlest of inflections that carry a lot of lurking menace that can go either way.

Edited by jypsostarchaser

I also didn't care for the voice acting at all. It sounded far more gruff and older than I imagined. There are some voices that sound just right (like the male BH for example), but this one just sounds wrong the first time I heard it. Maybe it'll grow on me or I'll get used to it though.

Don't know what y'all are smoking. Nolan North acted the hell out of this role. This is the same guy that did the voice of Desmond Miles in the Assassin's Creeds. Also the voice of Drake in the Uncharted series.

As far as this game, there is some of the best voice acting I have ever heard all around. I especially love male Sith Warrior. North's work in this game is no exception. It fits the Consular style perfectly. Extremely calm and reasonable at all times with only the subtlest of inflections that carry a lot of lurking menace that can go either way.

I love the male Warrior, I loved the female Agent, female Smuggy (what I've been able to do so far) seems pretty good to, but the female Consular on the other hand..... And, actually, I've noticed something through the levels- it's not that it's bad so much as doesn't quite match what's going on as well as the other VA's I've encountered so far.

It's almost like instead of giving them a full script like they did with the other actors, they just handed her a bunch of random lines out of order with no idea what conversations they were going to be in and told her: "Just make them sound Jedi-ish...."

In other words, I can hear her trying her best but she sounds like she wasn't given any real direction.

I guess it just bothered me because I wanted to play a younger looking character, fitting the fact you start out as a padawan, and it just completely broke immersion to see by body 1 character talk like he was in his thirties.

I still don't think it's particularly good VAing though, even with that considered.

It fits perfectly with my Body type 3 Light V Shadow Tank, and has done from the moment he first spoke to Master Syo on Tython.

Yes, I noticed that in the dialogue that lead to the Black Hole area, and the Denova dialogues. In RP terms, it could be that he got a cold after running around so much on Ilum....

The Section X stuff seems much less pronounced, and the conversations with HK-51 (which I finished last night) sound unaffected, although it might just be that they were recorded along with the original dialogue, and not more recently.

I kind of view sage's as older and wiser jedi so it fit for me. All though made romancing Nadia a little awkward feeling lol. But I make a sage I automatically think of a 40 something guy owning people with the force instead of sabers because he's been there done that already. Jedi knights I view as the younger more physical ones that haven't quite realized the full potential of the force yet past their lightsaber. :) Edited by Keypek

I have a male Shadow and a female Sage, I like both voice overs but prefer the male, I think it's one of the best performances Nolan North has ever done alongside Uncharted, he really brings the character alive with slightly different intonations and such, in every other thing he has worked he always sounds like Nolan North voicing someone, example GW2 and Prince of Persia

I think what rubs people wrong is the zen-like quality that is unique to the consular voicework.

I honestly don't see the problem. My male Miraluka Sage is quite youngish looking, I think (early-mid 20s), and I think the voice fits perfectly fine. I didn't even know it was Nolan North until very recently, but that just makes it better.