Why was?

adormitul

Why was Darth Barras and Darth Thanthon and well Darth Malgus hell even Darth Ravage or most council members besides well probably Darth Marr not affected by dark side corruption while other sith like Darth Zash, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious (probably) affected?

What makes some affected and others not?

Edited by adormitul

Why was Darth Barras and Darth Thanthon and well Darth Malgus hell even Darth Ravage or most council members besides well probably Darth Marr not affected by dark side corruption while other sith like Darth Zash, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious (probably) affected?

Umm Baras was VERY much effected by DS corruption and who knows if Marr was.

Umm Baras was VERY much effected by DS corruption and who knows if Marr was.

He had yellow eyes big deal Darth Zash was a mummy. Also I doubt he was very affected by it considering all the other ones affect by dark side where well skinny he was well so fat that he had his own gravity just saying a weakened body can not really get that fat.

He had yellow eyes big deal Darth Zash was a mummy. Also I doubt he was very affected by it considering all the other ones affect by dark side where well skinny he was well so fat that he had his own gravity just saying a weakened body can not really get that fat.

His face was white and all wrinkled....

His face was white and all wrinkled....

Well it does not help that he was like 50 something when he died how do you think you will look when you are over 50 with no wrinkles and red?

Edited by adormitul

Well it does not help that he was like 50 something when he died how do you think you will look when you are over 50 with no wrinkles and red?

His face is a lot worse than most people who are in their 50's.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/32/Baras.png/revision/latest?cb=20140526170526

Darth Zash is also ancient and dying. Marr's use of the dark side left him terminally ill. He was dying by Makeb from overuse of it. Darth Malgus was effected by it heavily too.

Case in point..

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/04/MalgusHS-Render.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120127020728

Edited by Rhyltran

About Marr;

Darth Marr was a human male who was famous for never revealing his true face—the Dark Lord was perpetually encased in his personalized suit of battle armor, and rumor had it that the sight of Marr's visage was the reason Moff Xerxian committed suicide. Throughout his tenure on the Dark Council, Darth Marr's body slowly transformed as a result of immersion in the dark side of the Force, and by the time war broke out again with the Republic the Sith Lord was aware that his body would not last much longer.[1]

Sounds most definitely affected to me..

Darth Baras was actually always rail-thin.

Observe: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5d/Dantooine_skirmish_JMGD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120809221932

Baras is the white-haired guy on the left, crossing sabers with Satele Shan. The reason he has Body Type 4 in TOR is because for some reason the storyboard designers decided he had to be physically imposing in addition to having an extremely menacing personality. However, Body Type 3 males are literally eight or nine feet tall; that is to say a body type 3 male is the same height as as a Wookiee NPC. So the next best thing to give him some semblance of physical prowess (without having him actually fight, because he's 54 years old when TOR starts in 3643 BBY) is to make him super fat.

It's a terrible copout, but Bioware limited themselves by making only four radically different body types for each gender. If there were a tall but thin body type, that would have been Baras.

About Marr;

Sounds most definitely affected to me..

This appears to have been either a false rumor or a deliberate lie: it's possible to see Darth Marr's face if you screw with item previews when you have him as a companion, and he looks perfectly normal. The mask seems to be purely for intimidation and mystique.

This appears to have been either a false rumor or a deliberate lie: it's possible to see Darth Marr's face if you screw with item previews when you have him as a companion, and he looks perfectly normal. The mask seems to be purely for intimidation and mystique.

I would take Marr's description as canon, and not the face you see underneath the helm via glitches. It's likely the face underneath is just a place holder, and that he would look different if he were ever unmasked in the story.

That said I do like the place holder face as a base. If they had ever unmasked him while he was still alive, they could have used that, added max dark side corruption, give him red or orange eyes, and add some gruesome disfigurement to match the description of him unmasked.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

To me, the only Dark Council members not showing signs of DS corruption are the pureblood ones (like Arkous and Vowrawn) and Darth Acina (and we don't know yet what's her secret).

On the others the corruption is either obvious or, in the cases of Marr and Jadus, we can assume the corruption affected their visage to really disturbing levels.

Isn't it said that Darth Marr once removed his mask in front of a Moff, who later committed suicide after seeing it?

I think the face of Marr we see in armor previews is just a placeholder.

It's only a rumor, as is the idea that his face is disfigured at all.

Well I did say probably Darth Marr the rest are not affected by the dark side that much. By the way there are 50 something people that look as worse as Darth Barras.

Are the pure bloods immune to dark side corruption or what? Are the Zabraks also immune because Darth Maul does not seem affected either.

Well I did say probably Darth Marr the rest are not affected by the dark side that much. By the way there are 50 something people that look as worse as Darth Barras.

Are the pure bloods immune to dark side corruption or what? Are the Zabraks also immune because Darth Maul does not seem affected either.

The sith species as a whole are naturally inclined to the dark side. Being a natural dark sided species I'd assume it wouldn't effect them both mentally and physically as drastically as other beings.

As for Darth Maul, usually it takes time for dark side corruption to take serious effect. He's relatively young until Rebels. That and it appears to only truly effect users the most who practice at least some form of sorcery or use more advanced techniques. There does seem to be such a thing as "overuse." I guess it's kind of like drugs. If you do them every now and then it's not good for you but you're not going to look like you're on death's doorstep. Do them everyday and you're going to look like crap.

Edited by Rhyltran

I always thought Darth Malgus was affected by Dark Side corruption. At the end, he looked like he has been resurrected.:hope_08:

http://sta.sh/0pvlp7nepkv

You can see his corruption developing as he is getting older (which I assume also means he is getting more powerful). It is stated in the book that he did not care much about his looks, while other Sith Lord, whom he killed, (I won't spoil it) was neat and cared about his appearance. That made me think, maybe there is every-day ritual to 'heal' your skin/body if your power is evolving naturally, meaning you should not take too much power in a short time or you end up looking like Darth Zash. Then, nobody can't help you! Other explanation is that they are using botox + make-up: powder, lipstick etc.:i_biggrin:

I always thought Darth Malgus was affected by Dark Side corruption. At the end, he looked like he has been resurrected.:hope_08:

http://sta.sh/0pvlp7nepkv

You can see his corruption developing as he is getting older (which I assume also means he is getting more powerful). It is stated in the book that he did not care much about his looks, while other Sith Lord, whom he killed, (I won't spoil it) was neat and cared about his appearance. That made me think, maybe there is every-day ritual to 'heal' your skin/body if your power is evolving naturally, meaning you should not take too much power in a short time or you end up looking like Darth Zash. Then, nobody can't help you! Other explanation is that they are using botox + make-up: powder, lipstick etc.:i_biggrin:

Well I do not know if Darth Malgus looks disfigured because of the dark side or well because he got a grenade on his face, then a small mountain then a huge building all in one day. I guess there is only so much you can fix.

Darth Malgus was already grey skinned in the "Returned" trailer. In "Deceived", he is comparable to Vader.

And don't forget that the corruption can be hidden. Sidious hid it, for most of his life. One could argue that he was disfigured because of his own lightnings, but Luke received even more of it, and had no trace.

Darth Malgus was already grey skinned in the "Returned" trailer. In "Deceived", he is comparable to Vader.

And don't forget that the corruption can be hidden. Sidious hid it, for most of his life. One could argue that he was disfigured because of his own lightnings, but Luke received even more of it, and had no trace.

This. The technique in question is called Sith Mask. Remember, Zash looked normal too until she revealed it. How many other "Good looking" Sith hiding their disfigurements the same way? One could make the argument if you go full dark side and click off "Show dark side corruption" your character is doing just that.

I don't think Zash looked like that as an illusion. She stated she did that to "share in your youth", in regards to the sith inquisitor. Meaning whatever ritual she used siphoned youthfulness from others or something similar, to keep her from being in that old state. Once that ritual wore off however, her vessel physically reverted back to the way it was, because it took energy to keep it going. And by the time she was to do the body switch she allowed her body to return to it's dying elder state thinking she'd take her over.

Point is I don't think it is always an illusion so much as stealing youth to actually be younger or in better shape physically, but not for long do to the energy cost. But sometimes it could've been hidden like with Sidious. One could say Dooku hid it, yet he was an 80's year old man who was in strangely great shape compared to how he should be that old and weighed by the dark side.