Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

haha omg they can't be serious wake up idiots, EAWARE has made their decision. END OF DISCUSSION

all this whinging on the forums isnt going to change anything if you're not happy with the solution then by all means leave and stop posting garbage on the forums making the rest of the APAC community look bad.

But if you're like myself then just be happy that something is being done and we can now play with other people because less than 100 people on either fleet is a dead server, I know Dalborra looked ok but it was losing players and heaps of AU players have just re rolled on the US servers because unlike you they realise actually playing the game with a good pop is far more important than ping, playstyle and timezone isssue

Let me be the first to actually THANK EAWARE for doing something, because you all sound like a bunch of children who didnt get what they want for christmas (just be thankful you got anything at all)

Yay - we get to play with a handful of wired meth-heads and insomniacs who got bored of the 3am movie. That's totally worth getting the shaft. (Just be thankful you got anything... last time I heard that, was when my brother punched me for Christmas. Didnt work then, either.)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha omg they can't be serious wake up idiots, EAWARE has made their decision. END OF DISCUSSION

all this whinging on the forums isnt going to change anything if you're not happy with the solution then by all means leave and stop posting garbage on the forums making the rest of the APAC community look bad.

But if you're like myself then just be happy that something is being done and we can now play with other people because less than 100 people on either fleet is a dead server, I know Dalborra looked ok but it was losing players and heaps of AU players have just re rolled on the US servers because unlike you they realise actually playing the game with a good pop is far more important than ping, playstyle and timezone isssue

Let me be the first to actually THANK EAWARE for doing something, because you all sound like a bunch of children who didnt get what they want for christmas (just be thankful you got anything at all)

The only one that looks like a child on these forums at the moment is yourself.

Calm down with your petty insults, people have a right to be angry about the decision and a forum (shock horror) is actually the place to voice their anger

Relax guys - due to the difference in time zones, PvP will be against drunk and insomniac Americans.

Should be a cake walk - don't know what your complaining about.....

If you play high-end PVP or RANKED PVP, you would know this IS a major issue

Why is it that a free-to-play MMO like Planetside 2 can afford to maintain an Asia Pacific server but SWTOR with PAYING monthly subscribers can't???

PRO TIP: if the revenue (APAC) unsubs because you screwed them over you LOSE your revenue along with your server costs, THUS eliminating the profit you were making.

PLUS you lose all potential APAC growth in the future with the upcoming expansion and ALIENATE Asia Pacific consumers from purchasing further EA/Bioware products.

Low ping was your product's advantage over competitors in the APAC region and you've thrown it away for short term cash flows.

Poor product management, PATHETIC business strategy.

Edited by Weeeeee

good bye SWToR not subbing anymore if i cant keep ping of 50-70, one of only a few reasons i decided to pay a sub in first place was to play on a local oceanic server with a reasonable ping.

i was happy with the population, i had a guild with over 400 members most of them active so i could get groups for whatever i wanted most of the time, but with this merge the population of all your loyal APAC players is going to drop, just because u don't want to run any OCEANIC servers any more to cut costs as is usually the case, not your pathetic excuse that the population wouldn't even be enough if you merged the 3 APAC servers, but it would be perfect to merge these 3.

I've checked out some US servers to see what the ping is like, and its terrible for me and the populations didn't seem that much bigger either.

so u get no more of my money good bye.

Not true, healthy amount of American players on after their peak times.

I'd much rather play on American servers with my mains. Beats playing on dead servers with a bit better ping.

Agreed. And how many people complaining about ping have actually played for a substantial amount of time on US servers? I played for several months on a US server before the apac servers were created. There was a difference but not enough for me to notice any impact on gameplay. To be honest I did lots of pvp on that US server and I've almost never done any pvp since. The ping was not a problem.

My whole reason for transferring to an apac server was because there weren't so many people playing when I was on. At the time, gav daragon had a much higher population than the server I left. That server has since been merged and has a huge population while gav daragon is dying a slow death. Honestly if I had a choice I'd go back to that server with it's higher population and awesome RP community and less of the drama that's plagued gav recently. So far it seems like we get no choice about which server we go to though which doesn't sit well with me.

I believe you are speak for a small minority of people on our servers, however, unlike you, I won't state my opinion as fact. That is the reason for the petition. A petition, whilst not as clear to point out a preferred solution as a survey, is quicker, and easier to implement. If a large enough portion of the available community signs the said petition, it becomes statistically significant to the point of being indisputable. If there is a lack of numbers signing it, it will be insignificant. Let me just say, this one is currently looking like it will be in the significant category.

KEEP APAC SERVERS FOR SW:TOR AVAILABLE AND MERGE THEM INTO 1

Yay - we get to play with a handful of wired meth-heads and insomniacs who got bored of the 3am movie. That's totally worth getting the shaft. (Just be thankful you got anything... last time I heard that, was when my brother punched me for Christmas. Didnt work then, either.)

Better than playing on ghost town servers :rolleyes:

What a brilliantly retarded analogy to use. With the rocks rattling around inside your head, you're a shoe in for a job at EA.

Ungrateful children at Christmas?

Try PAYING CUSTOMERS, who send those bastards money in return for services that they are now watering down by forcing us to move when it was made clear the MAJORITY of us don't want it.

These "children" payed for their damn "Christmas" with their hard earned cash, now instead of being given what they paid for, they're getting shafted.

Be thankful we got anything at all? Receiving nothing would have been better than this crap. All we've been given is a steaming pile of EA waste.

Edited by Paelo

Not a fan of this at all.

Just jumped on BC server and was getting 172 ping. Standing still. Doing nothing.

Getting between 32-37 on Gav Daragon. So playing the game will be about 5x slower on the new servers (for me at least). Goodbye pvp.

Merge all APAC servers +1

Agreed. And how many people complaining about ping have actually played for a substantial amount of time on US servers? I played for several months on a US server before the apac servers were created. There was a difference but not enough for me to notice any impact on gameplay. To be honest I did lots of pvp on that US server and I've almost never done any pvp since. The ping was not a problem.

You said you played lots of PVP on the US servers, but haven't since you came to the APAC servers.

So you don't really play PVP and are definitely not a high-end PVPer or RANKED PVPer...

I'm sorry but you don't really have a handle on why we are so upset...

I believe you are speak for a small minority of people on our servers, however, unlike you, I won't state my opinion as fact. That is the reason for the petition. A petition, whilst not as clear to point out a preferred solution as a survey, is quicker, and easier to implement. If a large enough portion of the available community signs the said petition, it becomes statistically significant to the point of being indisputable. If there is a lack of numbers signing it, it will be insignificant. Let me just say, this one is currently looking like it will be in the significant category.

Well GLHF as it's going to fall on deaf ears because EAWARE have made their decision.:rolleyes:

Remember the last time a petition went around about an EAWARE GAME and its horrible ending? that was the biggest community backlash to any game in the history of video gaming and did EAWARE change it? Nope they just threw a band-aid on and threw in a few cutscenes to give everyone someone closure (and to date people are still whinging about it)

Was that perticular petition Successful **** no, and neither will this one be.

I'm not defending EAWARE they're stuffed the APAC community around with leaving us in the dark and stalling im just glad to playing with...wait for it..*drumroll* PLAYERS! which is the biggest issue for the APAC community which they are going to FIX! ping or timezones blah blah etc dont mean **** if you can't play with other players. Jesus Christ! why is it so hard for everyone to accept this? If you don't like the solution Don't Play the game..Simple :D

Edited by jackdaley

You said you played lots of PVP on the US servers, but haven't since you came to the APAC servers.

So you don't really play PVP and are definitely not a high-end PVPer or RANKED PVPer...

I'm sorry but you don't really have a handle on why we are so upset...

I did high end pvp for several years in wow (high ranked arena teams) which was always on US servers and I've done enough pvp on aussie servers so have a point of comparison. I just did a heck of a lot more of it while I was on a US server. So I'm pretty sure I do have a handle on things. You didn't answer my question though. Have you played on US servers? If you've tried both as I have then perhaps you'll have a handle on things.

Most of the complaints I've seen seem to come from people on dalbora where pop times for pvp and pve aren't as big an issue.

Bioware, please reconsider the decision to close the APAC servers and force us into NA servers. The general reaction from within the community is that this will reduce our gaming experience, that the experience will no longer be value for our money and that you will lose a substantial number of paying customers from the APAC region.

A longer-term commercial decision to grow the business would be to expand the language base and tap into the huge Asian market, rather than relying on English speaking customers alone. It makes more sense to consolidate the APAC market by keeping the current servers and using this to springboard into the massive potential right across Asia.

If you were deafened by the silence form the APAC community when the issue was first raised, it was because we were all content with the current situation. Perhaps the APAC community did not take Bioware's initial concerns over our server populations seriously enough? We certainly do now, however, as our gaming experience is likely to be sub-optimal if we are forced over to a NA server. The population on Dalborra is good, so far as gaming goes, and most people seem to run at less than 100 ms latency - so the overall gaming experience is very good. Most importantly, we see this combination as good value for money - and we are happy and paying then Bioware should be as well.

Most people in Australia will be able to report that playing other games on US servers add substantially to our lag. It seems likely that the majority of people will find their latency is closer to 200 ms if we are forced to a NA server.

We can appreciate that Bioware needs to make business decisions and to be profitable, which includes minimizing the cost of maintaining gaming services to ensure their current profitability and maximising the profits of individual servers. However, the feedback on this page and within the Dalborra chat is that we-the paying customers-will no longer receive value for our money if we are forced to NA servers. This will result in many people unsubbing-and possibly not even going f2p-especially if we have no say in which server we can go to. Those of us who have already paid for expansion already have the sense that we have thrown that money away. Many people who I chat with who used to be supportive of the developers are now becoming increasingly negative.

Bioware - please take our concerns seriously and reverse the decision to forcibly merge all three APAC servers with NA servers.

We-the APAC community-are overwhelmingly happy with our server populations and (relatively) low latency and don't want to change.

Most of the complaints I've seen seem to come from people on dalbora where pop times for pvp and pve aren't as big an issue.

Then why did we have to be including in this problem? Why does Dalborra have to go when it is working.

GD just ruining for the rest of the APAC servers, with their ignorant and vocal minority group.

Edited by aVmuse

Better than playing on ghost town servers :rolleyes:

How so? It'll be 1-3am over there, so you're not going to see a huge difference in queue times. For that slight bonus, you're getting inferior game performance on unstable servers.

Personally, the juice isn't going to be worth the squeeze.

Yea because 100 people on fleet is a ghost town, sorry not everyone needs 400+ on fleet to even play.

Gav daragon never even gets close to that. Most of the time it's more like 20-30 on fleet and that's during busier times. If you want to do any group content you pretty much have to schedule it. Good luck ever getting sub 50 group finder to pop.

Dalborra does not have the same problem as the other servers, we get 100+ on fleet, we have pvp pops and pve pops and occasionally we get them at the same time!

Just leave us alone, give the others 2 servers options to move to ours or an appropriate US server but dont completely rip our perfectly good server from us. :confused:

If a large enough portion of the available community signs the said petition, it becomes statistically significant to the point of being indisputable. If there is a lack of numbers signing it, it will be insignificant. Let me just say, this one is currently looking like it will be in the significant category.

100% AGREE

EVERYONE SHOULD SIGN THIS.... if there is a big enough response and if it is public and BIO don't do something, it could turn into a PR nightmare for them... even better if it went viral... maybe a Facebook page would be good to???

How so? It'll be 1-3am over there, so you're not going to see a huge difference in queue times. For that slight bonus, you're getting inferior game performance on unstable servers.

Personally, the juice isn't going to be worth the squeeze.

Well i've played on the Harbinger and Queues pop in under 1 min PVP and Group finder

Much better than 30 mins +

Gav daragon never even gets close to that. Most of the time it's more like 20-30 on fleet and that's during busier times. If you want to do any group content you pretty much have to schedule it. Good luck ever getting sub 50 group finder to pop.

So why not merge with Dalborra instead of getting RID OF ALL THE OCEANIC SERVERS.

I also feel ripped off at the fact Biowoare gave us the pre-order option to pay and take our money for ROTHC only to close our servers down before it hits. Very underhanded move and we should be entitled to a refund due to them not providing a product as it was intended to be used. "I intended to play this on oceanic servers and now I can't do this"

This game experience on US servers is not worth the subscription fee

I TOO WOULD LIKE A REFUND... I paid for a 6 month subscription at the same time as I paid for the expansion back in January... I only did this because the game was on APAC servers... I will be leaving the game when and if the servers merge to the US... so I would like a refund for my remaining game time I have paid for and the expansion.

Unsubbed. Unless we're merged into an APAC super server expect to lose the majority of your Australian population.

A lot of high level PVE and PVP require you to react in less than 1 second (Nightmare EC Kephess droids,10 stack Dreadtooth tank swaps, etc) and it will be rough playing competitively on the US servers. Not to mention because of our time zone we always start progression raiding at least 12 hrs behind the Americans and Europeans.

Edited by Cryssai