Root Vs. Force Charge

Cempa

Force Charge and Creeping Terror (2 sec ranged root):

I have been trying for days now to root a charging Warrior mid charge but can not. I have played around with when to cast from as soon as to even guess when the warrior will charge and each and every time the Warrior gets to his target.

Is this intended? Is it intended that Force Charge grants CC immunity during the charge?

Not talking about unstoppable either been testing this for days against Juggs and Mara of all builds....

If youre talking about trying to root them mid-animation, I would think that they should get rooted upon landing? Not totally sure.

I think so as well. Once the leap has started, the animation needs to be completed. Root debuff timer ticks as normal, in case you rooted them mid-flight.

I have been trying for days now to root a charging Warrior mid charge but can not. I have played around with when to cast from as soon as to even guess when the warrior will charge and each and every time the Warrior gets to his target.

Is this intended? Is it intended that Force Charge grants CC immunity during the charge?

Not talking about unstoppable either been testing this for days against Juggs and Mara of all builds....

You create new whiny threads like people take a dump. Both are done on a daily basis and stink like ****.

You create new whiny threads like people take a dump. Both are done on a daily basis and stink like ****.

The only stink is your ignorance and lack of any value added, go back under whatever dark and damp rock you came from and spare us you moronic foul person.

If youre talking about trying to root them mid-animation, I would think that they should get rooted upon landing? Not totally sure.

Indeed, like in WoW if a Warrior should charge -or I anticipate the charge- and stun of fear or root the warrior would actually get dropped out of charge and the CC would land...Not in this game, in essence Charge in this game seems to be a CC immunity!

Any one been able to CC a charging warrior or PT mid charge? Is it an intended CC immunity or something game designers forgot about?

Moreover; my Creeping Terror would land mid charge but the warrior would not get rooted after landing...

Edited by Cempa

The only stink is your ignorance and lack of any value added, go back under whatever dark and damp rock you came from and spare us you moronic foul person.

the only "moronic" person I see here is you trying to root a warrior half way through a leap animation.

Now for a second imagine it would be working as you thought i might work. Shall the Jugg or Mara just fall down flat in mid air?

We all know this game isn't realistic at all, when it comes to physics (this comes with star wars universe naturally ), but if something is already set in motion and off the ground. So i have no idea how a root should even apply in that case. A root is not a knockback, and for me the very idea of root is that are rooted on the ground.

Edited by Cordorian

Now for a second imagine it would be working as you thought i might work. Shall the Jugg or Mara just fall down flat in mid air?

We all know this game isn't realistic at all, when it comes to physics (this comes with star wars universe naturally ), but if something is already set in mo

In other MMO's the CC takes place and the charge is stopped, I have no idea what the design intent is though so would be nice to hear from the designers/developers if it was indeed intended for charge to award blanket CC immunity.

You obviously came here to derail the thread and whine with no intent of adding value, just leave you are embarrassing your self.

No whining here good sir I came I read OP saw you calling somebody else "moronic" when in fact you are for trying to root a warrior mid leap.

Stop making stupid threads you're worse than unclesam

l2p.

I think the Warrior's charge is instant, the moment it's activated you're rooted, even though he's still going through the animation of flying through the air. As far as the game and server is concerned, the moment a Warrior leaps to you, he's already on you. But in the game you have to wait for the animation to complete, sort of like a Sage getting stunned when he activates Project, sure you can stun him mid-animation, but that piece of garbage he pulls out of the ground will still hit you.

If you've played a Warrior then you may have run into the bug where you Force charge at an enemy but your character jumps in place and then you instantly teleport to the enemy you charged. Pretty much backs this up.

Indeed, like in WoW if a Warrior should charge -or I anticipate the charge- and stun of fear or root the warrior would actually get dropped out of charge and the CC would land...Not in this game, in essence Charge in this game seems to be a CC immunity!

Any one been able to CC a charging warrior or PT mid charge? Is it an intended CC immunity or something game designers forgot about?

Moreover; my Creeping Terror would land mid charge but the warrior would not get rooted after landing...

It's not an immunity at all. The CC will still land and the warrior/knight will be rooted or stunned where they land. It is a bit screwey, but has to do with the desink issues in this game. I have been CC'd mid charge more times than I can count. It just takes effect when I land.

The disadvantage side of this arrangement is if I charge and a PT hits his AoE stun while I am halfway to him I will land stunned. Or if a sorc hits his knockback while I am halfway there I will never reach him and be knocked back mid flight. The system sees the charge as instant, there is just an animation to absorb the GCD.

It's not an immunity at all. The CC will still land and the warrior/knight will be rooted or stunned where they land. It is a bit screwey, but has to do with the desink issues in this game. I have been CC'd mid charge more times than I can count. It just takes effect when I land.

The disadvantage side of this arrangement is if I charge and a PT hits his AoE stun while I am halfway to him I will land stunned. Or if a sorc hits his knockback while I am halfway there I will never reach him and be knocked back mid flight. The system sees the charge as instant, there is just an animation to absorb the GCD.

This is my experience as well I have ambushed knocked back a warrior that I casted before he charged he got to me then the knock back which went off mid leap knocks him back. Or flash banging a warrior right when they charge it takes place as I am rooted from the charge and they are stunned upon landing.

This is my experience as well I have ambushed knocked back a warrior that I casted before he charged he got to me then the knock back which went off mid leap knocks him back. Or flash banging a warrior right when they charge it takes place as I am rooted from the charge and they are stunned upon landing.

Correct, so not a CC immunity at all.

Pretty sure the only thing that can effect a leap mid air is a Knock back or stun.

Actually any CC will still affect a leaping target, you just have to recognize that despite the animation the leaper is at the target the instant they activate the leap. The knockback only appears to affect mid leap because the engine frequently kind of fast forwards and appears to move the leaper directly from mid leap to the knockback point.

try reddit.com/r/swtor/ if you want to post without being trolled so hard.

on topic: Look at your latency meter. E.g. if it says "105ms" that means when you see a leap animation begin on your screen that leap started 1/10 of a second ago on the SWTOR server. You you want the desired effect with a root you must anticipate your opponent's action and factor in lag.

• 1 month later...

I have hit a leaping Mara with Cryo Grenade before an he dropped out of the air in place. Usually when I leao on my Sent though I land stunned/rooted next to the target.