PVP Mentoring Program

Antiskeptic

Lol look at this guy telling everyone they can't learn new things from anyone other than themselves. Speak for yourself buddy, I learn lots of valuable tips by duelling my guildies and listening to their feedback.

Also who are you to claim that there aren't many good players on MDN. As a matter of fact a lot of players who pvp regularly on this servers are very solid, and I can identify them by name. Who might you be to judge the skill of all other players, I've never even seen your toon names in wz before.

Don't worry about him mate. Lets just focus on trying to do good by our server with these tournies, helping each other out with classes etc considering the state it is in. We don't need to take people like him serious. Ignore him and he will eventually go away.

I would be happy to put my hand up for sage heals as well. I solo pvp 90% of the time so wouldn't really affect me. Also available for rateds if anyone's looking for extra heals.

Hellum <advent children>

You could start by queing with me more hellum...... lol

Lol look at this guy telling everyone they can't learn new things from anyone other than themselves. Speak for yourself buddy, I learn lots of valuable tips by duelling my guildies and listening to their feedback.

Also who are you to claim that there aren't many good players on MDN. As a matter of fact a lot of players who pvp regularly on this servers are very solid, and I can identify them by name. Who might you be to judge the skill of all other players, I've never even seen your toon names in wz before.

pretty sure i said you shouldnt want to be taught by someone on HOW TO PLAY yes people can pick up tips and tricks for how they're playing no doubt never but mentoring someone on how to play the way YOU play your character and someone learning/teaching on their own not being told by someone else how to pull off this or that

You say " I learn lots of valuable tips by duelling my guildies and listening to their feedback. "

that means YOU learn tips and tricks by dueling people right and their feedback would be what? "Dont do this on me because X counters Y " right?

1v1 (Dueling) is a good way for one to learn about counters and bettering their self in pvp and on their class SOOOOOO tell me how you need a mentor program to do that?

also im aware many of you people have no idea who i am im not playing this game for E fame couldnt care less if you know me or not! I know im a great pvper and thats all i need to know the reason i bring up" 80% bads on server" because from my short WZs experience upon my return its just what i have SEEN compared to the players that are no longer playing here and there were a few. Ask anyone that was an OG MDN (original MDN player before xfers and even weeks after thats when most of the skilled players stopped). Also i think i saw a post from the PvP Officer in Midian that admits the server lost alot of "Good/Skilled" players etc im not the only one thinking it im just the only one bringing it up thanks for reading my rants

btw not a troll just a "unknown nobody" right.

but you're wrong about one thing im not going anywhere so you'll just have to ignore me ladies

Was thinking of throwing my hand up for tank sin/shadow mentoring, but considering how **** i am according to Woodridge (who?) i wont bother

please point out where i said YOU personally were a bad player champ please link thanks

I remember Woodridge from back long ago and he is certainly a skilled sentinel. This is however not a question of his personal credibility but a question of the credibility of this program.

The point I believe Woodridge is trying to make through this post is that putting up a list of people interested in mentoring based on their own nomination isnt necessarily beneficial unless the list is somehow vetted so that bad players are not giving advice to those looking for advice.

There are names on this list that I would not go to for advice based on their lack of social fortitude or general exuberant arrogance and I would suggest to the OP that some vetting is required to safeguard the innocence of new players to the game and to point people looking for advice in a direction that is actually going ot be helpful, beneficial and encourage them to continue playing.

That said, I applaud those that have put their name down in the interests of helping this small community. For those of you who do not understand the difference between keyboard and mouse turning you can find a good video here:

Edited by Themistaa

It's unfortunate with this is that no matter what you'll end up with some bad results and some good results.

It all comes with a misunderstanding of what mentoring is, there are several ways to be mentored, some are good, some are bad.

You can either share knowledge with someone, challenge their way of thinking/doing things whilst still giving them room to grow and find their own way, or you can shove your own philosophies down their throat and tell them there is only one way to think about or do something.

There is also the possibility that someone will attempt to do the first way but the person being mentored will treat it as the second way.

Yes there are some names up in the list whom may not be best for the job but unfortunately if people aren't putting their hands up I can't exactly nominate them myself, as I said to Ciraf if I put Fugue's name down and he doesn't want people psting him then I am responsible for that.

There would be some 'vetting'.... I mean if Alphababe came back and offered his services I wouldn't be inclined to put his name up, but until a time comes where some players, such as Fugue, come forward I'll have to deal with some people who may not have as much experience as others.

The server lost a lot of good players, swtor as a whole did. That doesn't mean there isn't a smaller portion of quality players left - in fact i've seen alot of the guys who were considered 'the best' back in 1.2 era playing again. As for the mentoring i wouldn't want to put my name down as i find it hard to get the time to play regularly, but any shadow is welcome to pick my brains about specs / tactics if they see me around. Edited by parbs

I would rather a common place to duel to be honest. Sometimes when running a new spec it is beneficial to have 1on1's in order to work out the best way to play it.

Other than that, dueling gives you a good foundation of other classes abilities and teaches you timing.

Im probably the worst sentinel on the server, so any dueling or practise i can get im keen to have. I think there is another subject suggesting we congrigate on Nar - shadaar. I think its a good idea if people are open to duieling to pass the time.

There is no orgrimar here to practise outside of, which im finding i miss.

Edited by Yndras

I would rather a common place to duel to be honest. Sometimes when running a new spec it is beneficial to have 1on1's in order to work out the best way to play it.

Other than that, dueling gives you a good foundation of other classes abilities and teaches you timing.

Im probably the worst sentinel on the server, so any dueling or practise i can get im keen to have. I think there is another subject suggesting we congrigate on Nar - shadaar. I think its a good idea if people are open to duieling to pass the time.

There is no orgrimar here to practise outside of, which im finding i miss.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=574420 PASS IT ON!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone want to adopt a marauder + mercenary? for ranked wzs

since swtor is a wow clone were both multi glad wow players

Can target call;) and micro like a beast

just need 1-2 more weeks for gear

the only rwz guilds that run empire side are Midian or Boss.

pst them in game

• 2 weeks later...