Ranked PVP (rewards) and Bioware their support

Scriffle

So...

As a - i believe i am- hardcore pvp player and lover of the arena's and 8v8 (R.IP) i'm quite interested in knowing the rewards of Season 1 and Bioware their point of view on the Ranked scene.

In my opinion there is no support for ranked at all. Bioware doesn't encourage people to qeue for ranked. No rewards , no weekly's or dailys. I mean i think a lot of people would qeue ranked if they would be able to win a Koreallis Baron speeder or *insert cool reward here*.

Also still no cross server qeueing which was asked by a lot of pvpers, what does ranking actually mean if you can't meet your strength with other teams? Yeah you could transfer but still this not a logical option for a lot of people. Friends on their home server, occasional pve etc.

So Bioware , when are you going to really support pvp? You admitted your failure with 8v8 and then removed it... What will be next? Removal of arena's or just remove ranked in total?

So please share your point of view with us.

Note : I am only talking about ranked pvp but I could go on with Class balancing which is still crap for some classes so these classes can't be played in ranked. --> again bad for the ranked scene.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I agree that there should be very good rewards for ranked PVP (and I am saying this as a person who does not PVP at all)

However I am disappointed with PVP community .I remember so many PVP guys shouting for ranked PVP. Now it is here and most of them are chickened out. Why, because it is difficult to beat another good PVP guy and they will really see they are not as good as they thought. It is not as easy beating a L25 in Tatooine. or a PVE guy in Gree event.

I believe, even if they bring cool rewards, that community will find a way to complain and not play.

The ranked players I knew quit queuing for ranked (and then quit playing at all) when the relic bug wasn't squashed right away and the rankings were never reset when it was. They probably were the tiny minority, but for people who take ranked seriously, having people with grossly inflated ranks due to exploiting a known bug, it really was a "slap in the face". On top of that, arenas aren't as popular as 8v8, so they ditched the popular format in favor of one that is, to put it kindly, less popular. Between the borked rankings and ditching 8v8, there really is no surprise that ranked is suffering right now. Bad decisions on Bioware's part don't mean people don't want to play ranked, it means they don't want to play it in it's current messed up state. Edited by Damask_Rose

The ranked players I knew quit queuing for ranked (and then quit playing at all) when the relic bug wasn't squashed right away and the rankings were never reset when it was. They probably were the tiny minority, but for people who take ranked seriously, having people with grossly inflated ranks due to exploiting a known bug, it really was a "slap in the face". On top of that, arenas aren't as popular as 8v8, so they ditched the popular format in favor of one that is, to put it kindly, less popular. Between the borked rankings and ditching 8v8, there really is no surprise that ranked is suffering right now. Bad decisions on Bioware's part don't mean people don't want to play ranked, it means they don't want to play it in it's current messed up state.

QFT

I also know of a large population of PvPers that would love ranked...if they removed all arenas...removed all relics that are proc based (true skill is in ACTIVE USE relics...not passive procs) ad swung the focus back on tight objective play.

Heck a mini version of the old Ilum battlefield would be a GREAT step in the right direction. I've pretty much stopped pvp at 55 due to all the foolish crap going on. Things are honestly more balanced in the 30-54 bracket than the 55 bracket. I've shredded 54's as a 30 over and over again no matter what the 54 tried to do...it isn't hard. I've also done the inverse of that. You don't have passive relics or raid/pvp gear bonuses to worry about.

I know a surprisingly high number of pvpers who have done the same.

First, I agree that there should be very good rewards for ranked PVP (and I am saying this as a person who does not PVP at all)

However I am disappointed with PVP community .I remember so many PVP guys shouting for ranked PVP. Now it is here and most of them are chickened out. Why, because it is difficult to beat another good PVP guy and they will really see they are not as good as they thought. It is not as easy beating a L25 in Tatooine. or a PVE guy in Gree event.

I believe, even if they bring cool rewards, that community will find a way to complain and not play.

That's quite unfair to blame the players. I enjoy PvP, I PvP every day I play...but I don't do ranked, never asked for ranked, and I honestly see ranked as a waste of time...but I don't blame the players for the failure of ranked PvP, that's 100% on Bioware.

- preseason lasted over a year

- when they switched to season 1, they removed 8v8

- no reason other than e-peen to do it

- no incentive

- no rewards

- no daily/weekly

- no class balance

- no match making

- nobody wanted arenas

Don't blame the players for Bioware's **** ups.

QFT

I also know of a large population of PvPers that would love ranked...if they removed all arenas...removed all relics that are proc based (true skill is in ACTIVE USE relics...not passive procs) ad swung the focus back on tight objective play.

Heck a mini version of the old Ilum battlefield would be a GREAT step in the right direction. I've pretty much stopped pvp at 55 due to all the foolish crap going on. Things are honestly more balanced in the 30-54 bracket than the 55 bracket. I've shredded 54's as a 30 over and over again no matter what the 54 tried to do...it isn't hard. I've also done the inverse of that. You don't have passive relics or raid/pvp gear bonuses to worry about.

I know a surprisingly high number of pvpers who have done the same.

Opinion.

There was massive interest in ranked PvP. When they announced that it was delayed they lost a big number of those players. Then with some questionable changes made to class balance issues (hello stun bubbles) and the viable specs for arenas they never took off...That and no matchmaking so a new team with a 0 rating would get smashed by a team with 2400+.

Arenas was something that not everyone wanted, especially at the cost of 8v8 as many used paid transfer which helped build up 8v8 prior to their removal. There are things they could do to increase participation for arenas. One would be as OP put it, tell us what rewards could be expected. Another would be add a weekly and daily. More to the extreme would be removing ranked comms for the solo queue and get rid of the the conversion of normal commendations to ranked. This would force people to team up and enter competitive group ranked arenas instead of just yolo queueing or staying in regs.

I get what you're saying but there are things that the PvP community has been asking for since they announced arenas and these things go completely unnoticed. If they just ignored all the QQ and listened to the real suggestions we have been pitching since launch PvP would be in a much better state.

Yeah the 1.2 bait and switch, where they literally announced <12 hours before patch release that RWZ would not make it in, a huge number of competitive PvPers threw in the towel.

Ranked PvP has, in general, be FUBAR since inception in this game. There has never been an end-game to it, nothing to fight for other than for the sake of PvP. Which is enough reason for a few people (most of us that are still here), but there needs to be an incentive to draw larger participation. Right now, there is not one.

Yeah the 1.2 bait and switch, where they literally announced <12 hours before patch release that RWZ would not make it in, a huge number of competitive PvPers threw in the towel.

Ranked PvP has, in general, be FUBAR since inception in this game. There has never been an end-game to it, nothing to fight for other than for the sake of PvP. Which is enough reason for a few people (most of us that are still here), but there needs to be an incentive to draw larger participation. Right now, there is not one.

Seriously.

Opinion.

Actually...fact.

It takes far more skill to know when to use something than it does to just have some passive boost randomly apply to you. Hence why active dodging/active defense games (GW2 for example...manually dodge and manually block..NO PASSIVE DEFENSE) take far more skill to pvp in. The more passive buffs/defenses you have the less skill is involved. It is rather the definition of skilled gameplay by making everything manual and nothing automated.

Why on earth would they need more incentives to do something that they claim that they enjoy doing?

I do FPs constantly even though I need nothing from them, including Elite comms. Mostly, I do them with friends and guildies.

Likewise, the only reason I do SM stuff is for the comms. The gear is usually worthless to me at this point, and again, I do them with my guildies.

Maybe instead of asking for even 'more' rewards, you just accept that Ranked PVP isn't as enticing as people seem to want to believe that it is.

Maybe instead of asking for even 'more' rewards, you just accept that Ranked PVP isn't as enticing as people seem to want to believe that it is.

I don't think anyone wants more. Just to know what kind of rewards you can expect if you do arenas. Also increase insentives for arenas like daily/weekly or how ranked comms are earned.

You're 100% correct, ranked PvP is not enticing.

Actually...fact.

It takes far more skill to know when to use something than it does to just have some passive boost randomly apply to you. Hence why active dodging/active defense games (GW2 for example...manually dodge and manually block..NO PASSIVE DEFENSE) take far more skill to pvp in. The more passive buffs/defenses you have the less skill is involved. It is rather the definition of skilled gameplay by making everything manual and nothing automated.

Opinion. You may think it takes more skill, but that's just your opinion.

Lol. Look, having that RNG relic proc can mean everything in a PvP. It's the difference between winning a 1v1 and successfully defending your node or losing it. It's the difference between getting that big heal onto a team prolonging an attack. It's the difference in finishing off a target while their healer remains CCed. A system which grants a massive stat boost for 6 seconds which is random is stupid. I also think that adding on demand relics is stupid also, at least in the game as it is today with how much damage classes can rattle off in a few globals.

They need to bring back static stat relics. It was more balanced then and offer a huge advantage over RNG relics mainly because static relics never helped ruin PvP.

Why on earth would they need more incentives to do something that they claim that they enjoy doing?

I do FPs constantly even though I need nothing from them, including Elite comms. Mostly, I do them with friends and guildies.

Likewise, the only reason I do SM stuff is for the comms. The gear is usually worthless to me at this point, and again, I do them with my guildies.

So you're saying the only reason you do SM stuff is because you get a reward from it? Interesting.

RNG by its very definition involves no skill at all, nor any input on the part of the player. It happens by itself, at random. Again, no input whatsoever. Purely luck-based. No input. Player doesn't need to do anything and cannot do anything to affect the chance of the proc. No input. Nothing. The player could go AFK and the relics would still proc. NO INPUT AT ALL.

Have I made that clear? No skill. None at all.

lets see what we get to do our loved PvP games:

5 uhhh so fancy titles,

coms wich we can Hand in for:

2 diff sets of gear

2 speeder

2 pets

5 Crystals wich got the same Color as pve ones

med kits and stim wich are only useable in WZs (not even while "random" OWPvP)

TWO daily and ONE weekly Mission

not to mention we only got 5 diff 8v8 maps and 4 4v4 maps (in wich ranged classes suffer from the terrible design)

ofc most of us who do PvP do it because we enjoy it but is it realy to much to ask for more?!

if BW doesnt dish out new PvE Content every second month ppl start to moan. the PvP crowd is left behind for long enough in any aspect of the game.

pre season 1 for example lasted for more then a year just to have 8v8 ranked removed when season 1 started.

our only open world pvp reason, and thats by far the most desired pvp Content, been removed without a Initiation for a tiny lil replacement

we do even have to face nerfs and class changes in favour of PvE.

so now ill ask you again. is it to much to ask for ranked daily/weekly missions, a handfull of pvp fluff stuff, exp shematics, reuseable comsumables, a bit more credits for completeing a WZ from the beginning till it ends, an official duel event/tournament, an imba title for like uve killed 20.000 reps as imperial Player?!

not to mention bug fixes, a working matchmaking, a bolster fix, a choice for wich WZ we want to que, a huttball league, ranked Rating bug fix, social and or rep Points,.......

season 1 gone life while ago yet we still dont know what these super duper prices are wich we can win for compete in ranked Arenas nor are any given out

So you're saying the only reason you do SM stuff is because you get a reward from it? Interesting.

RNG by its very definition involves no skill at all, nor any input on the part of the player. It happens by itself, at random. Again, no input whatsoever. Purely luck-based. No input. Player doesn't need to do anything and cannot do anything to affect the chance of the proc. No input. Nothing. The player could go AFK and the relics would still proc. NO INPUT AT ALL.

Don't feed the trolls. If you say it takes more skill to win a NASCAR race than to drive to Circle K, he'll just say that is an opinion :p

False. By not doing anything, the relic will not proc.

It requires actions from the players doing something for the relics to proc. Therefor requiring input, therefor requiring Skill.

It requires actions from the players doing something for the relics to proc. Therefor requiring input, therefor requiring Skill.

If I had a relic that had a 0.01% chance of a proc which inst-killed and I spammed saber strike and I killed someone because of it that would be skill?

Edited by cycao

...No it does not.

All I have to do is sit in cover as a Sniper and wait, and my relic will proc at some point.

All I have to do on my tank is run into the enemy team and stand still, and my relics will proc.

All I have to do for any DPS relic is to just spam my basic attack, and the relics will proc.

No input required. Could just go AFK. It takes more skill to roll a die than it does to use passive RNG relics. You are, frankly, a moron if you actually believe what you're saying.