PVP is Awesome, Haters gonna hate...

Cstain

I have been reading the forums and it seems that everyone on here is just complaining about the PVP for whatever reason. It seems a large amount of issues are that people either think this game is to WoW or not enough WoW. I have played WoW since vanilla and up until their release of Cata. I really love SWTOR PVP, I am really enjoying jumping into the game and running around with my level 15 bounty hunter and still being able to decimate the enemy. The pvp is not perfect of course but it is very refreshing and enjoyable.

I have noticed a large amount of people complaining of the healing system as well. Although I have not healed in this game a friend who I have been playing with at times is really having no issues. He keeps himself up just fine in WZ's and when we play together it is fantastic. So for those of you having so much trouble or getting steamrolled it might be possible that you have poor skill at this game and your years of WoW skill did not transfer, Just some thoughts. Take it for what you want.

Or better yet, try Republic, where 2/3 of your team is lvl 10-20 while at least half of Emppire team is between 30 and 50:)

Server-specific gripe, on a game that's been out for a week. Yeah, because this will hold true for ever and ever. For me personally, playing both republic and empire on two different servers, I must have just hit the jackpot because this has happened to me maybe twice, and I spent probably 70% of my playing time thusfar pvping. The horribly fail groups I've been in (which have been plenty) are running around aimlessly trying to kill people either by themselves, not guarding one of the voidstar doors, just flat out playing stupid, or unluckily lack any semblemce of heals, rather than getting housed by higher level toons.

I enjoy PVP, mainly because I consider my BH to be massively massively OP and the opponents I play against to be stupid. I'd love them to rebalance it all, but last night for example I won about 9 out of 10 matches and lost the other because both teams finished Voidster but they did it 4 seconds quicker. Huttball is just a free for all, but take for example the Voidster, as a BH attacking I just need to hover on the edges, take down targets with Tracer Missile which is way OP, as soon as the bomb is planted, hit Sweeping Blasters AOE on the door so anyone trying to defuse it is interrupted, it has a super fast cooldown so can hit it again, and again. Then the door blows up.

Defending the same thing, as soon as anyone tries to set it, AOE.

It's embarrassing how effective it is. It's made worse by the opposition doing nothing to stop you, it seems like everybody seems to ignore the agents/bounty hunters and has a major hard on for the jedis, if it has a lightsaber it gets swarmed, I hit death from above on the 4 people stood in a circle and get a ton of damage. Nobody seems to work in a team or come after the fringe players who seem to be left to do whatever they please. Finishing every match 44K/3D.

If teams worked together, PVP would be a much better experience for both sides, but some of the BH abilities are way overpowered.

Edited by Zetara

Well, I am 37 on Rp - PvP and I practically live in warzones when online. I do not think the balance will change much, since Empire storylines are so much more interesting (Republic storyline is like the cheap Allied/NATO war - propaganda - utterly naive, at least compared to Empire).

But I do not call for Empire nerfs or something. I still enjoy the game immensely, despite the population imbalance factor.

I enjoy PVP, mainly because I consider my BH to be massively massively OP and the opponents I play against to be stupid. I'd love them to rebalance it all, but last night for example I won about 9 out of 10 matches and lost the other because both teams finished Voidster but they did it 4 seconds quicker. Huttball is just a free for all, but take for example the Voidster, as a BH attacking I just need to hover on the edges, take down targets with Tracer Missile which is way OP, as soon as the bomb is planted, hit Sweeping Blasters AOE on the door so anyone trying to defuse it is interrupted, it has a super fast cooldown so can hit it again, and again. Then the door blows up.

Defending the same thing, as soon as anyone tries to set it, AOE.

It's embarrassing how effective it is. It's made worse by the opposition doing nothing to stop you, it seems like everybody seems to ignore the agents/bounty hunters and has a major hard on for the jedis, if it has a lightsaber it gets swarmed, I hit death from above on the 4 people stood in a circle and get a ton of damage. Nobody seems to work in a team or come after the fringe players who seem to be left to do whatever they please. Finishing every match 44K/3D.

If teams worked together, PVP would be a much better experience for both sides, but some of the BH abilities are way overpowered.

Because you can do all that dumb crap from halfway across the map. It's not that people are bad, it's that there are four to five of you BH's doing the same thing.

Because you can do all that dumb crap from halfway across the map. It's not that people are bad, it's that there are four to five of you BH's doing the same thing.

No it's not, it's because the republic players are lazy and don't bother trying.

There were no more than 2/3 players on my team last night as BHs, and the halfway across the map bit is BS. I have the same range as anyone with force leap to get to me. I can also be stunned. Does anyone bother trying? No. They see a lightsaber and they immediately home in on that and leave the agents/bounty hunters to do what they want.

So while I agree that the BH abilities are OP and need to be looked at, tracer missile for example, the opposite team need to also play better. I must have been attacked about 5 times in 10 games last night. We just seem to be left to our own devices.

When high lvl kills low level it's wrong. When low level kills high level it's wrong. Ppl should just stop killing each other in PvP. Too many egos are getting hurt ... Anywah, I like the PvP. Nice change of pace from questing/flash points.

Sunday night I'm going to roll a BH, spacebar to ten and PVP forever.

I want to enjoy it before they get nerfed.

You play Jedi shadow and feel the need to reroll ?

Did i just read right? you are saying BH needs a nerf? *facedesk* imo BH is the most balanced of all the classes..you wanna be looking at SI...

Just because I mentioned one doesn't mean that the others are fine. Obviously SI needs looking into, but if you think that electro dart, they break out of it, followed by concussion missile to stun them again, followed by tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile where each missile hits for 1000+ is balanced, you need your head checking.

Having said that, it's definitely the most fun class and has everything you need, if they come up to you, stun, flame thrower, or jet pack punch thing or jet boost to throw them away, the missiles are fun and death from above is one of the most epic feeling powers I've played in a game, but the ease of PVP as a BH is incredibly easy coming out with 40+ kills and under 5 deaths in every game.

That said, like I said if the other team actually targeted these players rather than leaving us alone to do our business it wouldn't look so one sided.

ROFL. I stopped there. Thank you for proving all the other threads correct.

You are being pretty ignorant to stop reading where he mentioned Bolstering just to shoot his thoughts down. So what if he was level 15 and was doing well. that just proves the game takes more skill to PvP in which is personally why I PvP. If you dont like the fact that a bolstered lvl 15 can beat your lvl 50 butt when you have at least 20 extra useful PvP skills, its not because the game is unfair or the PvP is unbalanced, its because you are a bad.

He makes valid points. I played other MMO's and I think his main argument is solid. For a while the pvp bothered me because I wasnt familiar with it; once I got the hang of it, it became Id say some of the best PvP in a game I have played BECAUSE of how balanced it is and how you cant just hit a 5 button rotation and always kill your target.

I think most of the QQ'ing can be summed up by this quote:

Nerf Rock, Paper is fine. -- Scissors.

PVP is great, and on my server it's pretty balanced. That said, the animation and stutter is awful and is pretty much making melee impossible to play since beta, the OP doesn't seem to understand what people are complaining about.

Oh and yes, the Bounty Hunter does seem to have an insane amount of CC.

Edited by CapuchinSeven

Personally I am loving the PVP. Sure it still needs some balancing, but right now each class feels very unique to play but also fight against.

The Bounty Hunter does feel a bit OP in range perhaps but as a sentinel I just leap in and have no problems taking care of most BH's up close.

The problem I am finding is the lvl different in warzones. Maybe it is just my imagination, but the higher lvls (I am talking about 20+ lvls higher then your current lvl) feel like they are at least twice as hard to kill and hit twice as hard. Yes they have similar HP but perhaps their armor is much higher due to what they are able to wear and their attacks better because they have the high lvl attacks?

If this is true a simple fix would be to only have lvl 10-20 in a warzone, 20-30 in a warzone and so on.

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally I am loving the PVP. Sure it still needs some balancing, but right now each class feels very unique to play but also fight against.

The Bounty Hunter does feel a bit OP in range perhaps but as a sentinel I just leap in and have no problems taking care of most BH's up close.

The problem I am finding is the lvl different in warzones. Maybe it is just my imagination, but the higher lvls (I am talking about 20+ lvls higher then your current lvl) feel like they are at least twice as hard to kill and hit twice as hard. Yes they have similar HP but perhaps their armor is much higher due to what they are able to wear and their attacks better because they have the high lvl attacks?

If this is true a simple fix would be to only have lvl 10-20 in a warzone, 20-30 in a warzone and so on.

What are your thoughts on this?

Unless you had an inter-server PVP warzone it wouldn't work, you'd be waiting forever to que because not that many people in your level bracket are pvping or queueing I'd imagine.

That would definately be an issue if people had to queue for ages. is there that little population on the servers then?

Either way I do think perhaps the high lvls (45+) should be in their own bracket as every one I have talked to and all the post I have read seems to do little to no damage on this high lvls as a lvl 30 or below.

That would definately be an issue if people had to queue for ages. is there that little population on the servers then?

Either way I do think perhaps the high lvls (45+) should be in their own bracket as every one I have talked to and all the post I have read seems to do little to no damage on this high lvls as a lvl 30 or below.

I wouldn't say there's that little population, just that little wanting to PVP. I go on The Ravager pvp server and get in instantly, I go on Nightmare Lands PVE server and am waiting maybe 10 minutes for a match to open up despite both servers displaying HEAVY/VERY HEAVY/FULL on them.

So it's probably a mix of a.) not a massive amount of the population PVPing because they are out doing quests and stuff, (this will obviously get better as more people hit 50 because then that's what they will be doing at end level where as right now they are focused on leveling) and b.) you'd further decrease the amount of people currently forming a match by making it only certain levels able to pvp each other.

If for example they made PVP inter-server like I read somewhere on here, that problem would vanish because you'd have ever person on the game queing for a warzone together so you could segregate them by level no problem and not face any issues with population.