Our Market

Kahn_KahDhal

I realize that supply and demand is how the market works but does seem to me that the market has completely collapsed? Resources and material for crafting have dropped so much that you are actually paying to send your characters out to i.e. Scavenge or slice and your product is worthless when you get it to the market. Some would say shut up and craft equip yourself, and that might be what has to happen. The thing is I like gathering and selling in the game and I believe it has to be fixed. Either the FTP folks have to sell to the vendors and are band from selling on the market or we have to find another way to play.

That being said is there a Crafting or Resource guild out there? If not are there any mature players willing to form a powerful guild that could keep the market in check? If we can't get it fixed lets do it ourselves and make it fun.

Some would say shut up and craft equip yourself, and that might be what has to happen. The thing is I like gathering and selling in the game and I believe it has to be fixed. Either the FTP folks have to sell to the vendors and are band from selling on the market or we have to find another way to play.

I think you are already on to the solution. If you can craft, it sounds like a good time to start pumping out crafted items. It may not be what you like, but that appears to be the space to fill in the market.

I agree with you that this is a direct result of the F2Pers and Preferreds that only get like one Crew Skill. Pretty sure the majority of them aren't crafting anything mainly because they can't. So they are just running Gathering missions and posting the stuff. I know that's what my brother and a friend, both F2Pers, are doing. One is Bioanalysis, the other is Slicing.

I have millions of credits worth of resources but I'm just too lazy to do dailies/FPs to get the comms to buy schematics. One day....one day.....

Would be sweet if those Black Hole Schematics weren't Bind on Pickup. I have Alts with BH comms I could use to buy the Biochem Exotech schemas for my main, but I can't pass them along. Maybe make them Bind on Legacy or some such thing. I just can't muster the desire to do any of the PvE for BH comm dailies either.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I think you are already on to the solution. If you can craft, it sounds like a good time to start pumping out crafted items. It may not be what you like, but that appears to be the space to fill in the market.

I agree with you that this is a direct result of the F2Pers and Preferreds that only get like one Crew Skill. Pretty sure the majority of them aren't crafting anything mainly because they can't. So they are just running Gathering missions and posting the stuff. I know that's what my brother and a friend, both F2Pers, are doing. One is Bioanalysis, the other is Slicing.

Would be sweet if those Black Hole Schematics weren't Bind on Pickup. I have Alts with BH comms I could use to buy the Biochem Exotech schemas for my main, but I can't pass them along. Maybe make them Bind on Legacy or some such thing. I just can't muster the desire to do any of the PvE for BH comm dailies either.

End-game wise I just don't like PvE. I really wish I could buy the schematic for a a thousand or so WZ commes.

End-game wise I just don't like PvE. I really wish I could buy the schematic for a a thousand or so WZ commes.

Rly? It's so easy to get. If you're that lazy then you simply don't deserve credits. If everyone had everything the price would go down even more.

On topic: lol why are you selling materials anyway? That has never been a good way of making credits. If anything the increase of cheap materials on the GTN is good for crafters.

Here's what you do if it's really like you say (and it's within the realm of logic):

Buy cheap materials > craft > make profit.

Making it so new players cannot sell things is about the worst idea I have ever heard. It's so selfish, and bad for the game. -_________________- rly?

Edited by EnsignSorrow