hard mode flashpoints

okay, I'll try to ignore everyone that just responds to L2P but can anyone give me the top 5 tips for succeeding in hard mode flashpoints?

have tried Taral V which I think is the easiest mutliple times and have not finished. Droid boss...no problems, avoid red circles, keep him pointed at tank, spread out...pretty simple.

End boss.

Tank gaurdian, Healer sage, vanguard and commando. Wearing mostly cent gear with some champ and a few pieces of BM. Hitpoints range from 15.5 healer to 17.5 tank

We just can't get the guy down.....he eventually kills us with 6.5K shots (I assume enrage timer). tank goes in, keeps boss occupied, DPS take out turrets...perfect...everyone on boss. Next wave....adds coming in. DPS move to adds, boss goes silent...comes back and short while later....boom

When people fly through this stuff, I'm curious what exactly makes a team be able to do this properly? Does it ALL boil down to how effective the DPS are? Is it about finding the 'perfect sequence' to use as commando/vanguard (assault spec)

Just don't quite understand how to learn how to do this better. this boss is not complicated but we just don't seem to have the fire-power to get him down before he enrages.

okay, I'll try to ignore everyone that just responds to L2P but can anyone give me the top 5 tips for succeeding in hard mode flashpoints?

have tried Taral V which I think is the easiest mutliple times and have not finished. Droid boss...no problems, avoid red circles, keep him pointed at tank, spread out...pretty simple.

End boss.

Tank gaurdian, Healer sage, vanguard and commando. Wearing mostly cent gear with some champ and a few pieces of BM. Hitpoints range from 15.5 healer to 17.5 tank

We just can't get the guy down.....he eventually kills us with 6.5K shots (I assume enrage timer). tank goes in, keeps boss occupied, DPS take out turrets...perfect...everyone on boss. Next wave....adds coming in. DPS move to adds, boss goes silent...comes back and short while later....boom

When people fly through this stuff, I'm curious what exactly makes a team be able to do this properly? Does it ALL boil down to how effective the DPS are? Is it about finding the 'perfect sequence' to use as commando/vanguard (assault spec)

Just don't quite understand how to learn how to do this better. this boss is not complicated but we just don't seem to have the fire-power to get him down before he enrages.

Pull the boss back to the previous corridor via los - that removes the requirement to kill the turrets at the start of the fight.

You should only get 2-3 waves of the adds but as they spawn back in the other room it gives you more time on the boss anyway.

Pretty much every boss that has dangerous add spawns you have have DPS aoe down adds quickly (except the bonus boss of KuS, those must be single target focussed, have not fought them post-nerf but I assume they may be AOE able now).

On the very last set of adds, which should come near the bottom portions of boss health, they should be kited by a ranged dps or simply ignored while everyone applies all of their burst to the boss. So long as you down the boss himself, it doesn't matter if the adds kill you, and often in hardmode taking the time to down the last set of adds will force you to hit enrage on the boss and wipe from 1 shots.

Other than that, basic rules:

1) Con't stand in ****

2) Know what to interrupt, and when

3) Tank must have effective use of taunts to keep deeps from pulling aggro, you cannot ask dps to reduce their output after initial pull because they're what's keeping you from hitting enrage

4) Manage cooldowns well

5) on heavy add phases (any adds that are "strong") have a crowd-controller sap/whirlwind them

6) Even when in a premade, run through fight strategies and pulls before starting the fight. Use line-of-sight to mass large pulls together for maximum DPS output.

7) DPS priority on trash is : weak/normal enemies -> "strong" enemies -> "elites". Most enemies have near the same damage output, and since you can kill the weaker ones faster you're reducing overall incoming damage far more effectively by burning them down and using knockback/panic to stop their outgoing attacks.

Thanks for the tips.

I think we are fine on the tank taunts and interrupts

Probably not as good as we should on our rotations/cooldowns

Definately good advise on the add kill order which we have learned from heroics

I don't think we are doing good CC control on the adds but will look!

As per the previous poster. Pretty sure you can't pull the boss anywhere in the room at all anymore -especially not into the corridor. Pretty much sure this was fixed in 1.2 patch.....