What happens if you DON'T transfer?

Blekinfar

Even though we didn't want to transfer my wife and I did. I emailed bioware about it and the email I got back basically told me that while we weren't forced to move the server wasn't going to stay open and that the window for free transfers was limited. After that we'd have to do a paid transfer to get off the server.

They've done some really dumb things over the course of developing and launching the game, but I honestly can't see them forcing you to pay to get off a server they're about to close, considering a CSR in another thread said they wouldn't delete any characters.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's bizarre though, this is and always has been server mergers........ not calling it that doesn't change a thing. :confused:

But you're completely right it's all about spin and perception, I was always puzzled about them refusing to refer to SWTORs RvR as "RvR" (when EA are the trademark holders), but in the end they can say they never actually promised RvR and it would be the technical truth. :eek:

Just an FYI, their transfer page has listed this as a merger ever since they announced the second phase.

http://www.swtor.com/transfer

They've done some really dumb things over the course of developing and launching the game, but I honestly can't see them forcing you to pay to get off a server they're about to close, considering a CSR in another thread said they wouldn't delete any characters.

That is what I was told in the email. That free transfers were a limited time offer and after that it would be paid transfers.