Im back and I have no idea what im doing.

sayklen

Hey ladies and gentlemen I have been gone for a while and I was never really adamant with a class and was always switching between alternates,I mainly took a break because I couldn't commit.Well I have been playing A lot of league of legends and that has gotten tedious so I got a subscription to this again.What I have learned from league though is what type of class I like to play which leads to me typically choosing people that are really tanky and help the team (tank,support).

So my question is what is a good class for a tanky support with a nice bit of damage.I am open to both Republic and Empire and I mostly PvE. Thank You for reading and have a nice day/good night. :D

Hey ladies and gentlemen I have been gone for a while and I was never really adamant with a class and was always switching between alternates,I mainly took a break because I couldn't commit.Well I have been playing A lot of league of legends and that has gotten tedious so I got a subscription to this again.What I have learned from league though is what type of class I like to play which leads to me typically choosing people that are really tanky and help the team (tank,support).

So my question is what is a good class for a tanky support with a nice bit of damage.I am open to both Republic and Empire and I mostly PvE. Thank You for reading and have a nice day/good night. :D

There isn't any tank class that has much in the way of support other than tanking. There are no advanced classes that offer tanking and healing as talent (skill point) trees... You can only choose among tank/dps, heal/dps, or dps/dps, regardless of base class. I don't follow the FOTM trends very much, but it seems like Guardians/Juggernauts are in a decent place right now, as are Shadows/Assassins. Those advanced classes get to choose between tank trees and dps trees, and they've gotten, or will get in 2.8 next week, beneficial changes.

I also get the feeling that Sentinels/Marauders and Sages/Sorcerers have access to good dps and good defensive cooldowns that make them very popular right now. However, given that the design intent for those advanced classes was never to be tanky, I would count on them evolving in the next few months.

I make these points not to claim I'm an expert, but rather to help you focus which AC's to read up on.

As far as tanking goes, jugg/guardian have some useful abilities in tank tree to provide some party support. Like their aoe taunt generating a shield around all party (except themselves). They also have aoe accuracy debuff, aoe and single target armor rating debuff. Vanguard/Powertech tanks don't get much for helping out party, besides just being a tank. Sahdow/Sin tanks get a proc for phasewalk that increases healing done to everyone in range by 5%, or something like that. So as far as tanks go, that have stuff to benefit party besides being a tank, it goes Jugg>Sin>PT or their republic equivalents.

Vanguard/Powertech tanks don't get much for helping out party, besides just being a tank.

Vanguards / Powertech get a 5% Damage decrease on AOE and Single Target moves with 0 cooldown. They have a 30% Accuracy Debuff and 70% slow. Their AOE Taunt is the only one that works at a range: all of the other AOE taunts only taunt those within 30 m of the tank, not 30 m of the target like Vanguards/PTs. Also, Vanguards/PTs are the only tanks with a threat drop without changing stances, and their DPS are the only DPS with an AOE taunt without changing stances. Vanguards/PTs are the only tank that can attack while stunned and have a move that prevents knockbacks and knockdowns. They are also the only tank with a Stealth Scan to see stealthed players and have both a pull and a leap. Their rotation includes a DOT, which can set up Rail Shot / High Impact Bolt attacks from other players. Most of their moves are elemental moves, which ignores armor.

All tanks have about the same amount of utility, but they have different sets of utility. That is why you want 2 different tanks in large group Operation content.

Edited by Bstr

• 2 weeks later...