NiM Withering Horror Enrage

Wanna do that fight with 2x shadow DPS (Mr.Wild-berry not being available)?

lol no :) I would not do that fight with the random run of the mill shadow DPS's running around.

I don't want to derail this thread; but my point was that all the classes in the hands of a good player will do good dps (I think BW stated somewhere that all the classes are 5% within each other in the DPS output). Yes, it's easier to put out good numbers with a MM sniper / marauder compared to an operative. We've all heard the operative DPS / merc healers are crap in PVE endgame, but I've met several good players that know how to play their class and manage to do good dps / healing in NiM with "sub-par" classes.

Compared to SM and HM where you can basically faceroll, NiM requires:

- Player knowledge of your class in order to maxime dps / healing / tanking.

- Coordinate the use of CDs, adrenals etc.

- Solid understanding of your rotation.

- Team coordination.

- Understanding and execution of boss mechanics.

as the margin of error is pretty damn small.

No matter how good your team coordination / understanding of mechanics is, you can't really afford to have DPS that are doing 2.3 - 2.7k as a lot of the bosses have a DPS check. My advice would be that OP's guild sits down with the DPS's in question and check out their build / rotation. I would say that f you can do around 2.8-3k on the operation dummy for 5min+ on a regular basis, then you ready for NiM.

That is just my two cents. I wish OP's guild all the best, and hope that they continue doing NiM. My guild wiped tons before we got the dps / tanking / mechanics down. So just keep on doing it!! :)

Edited by HBCentaurion

Our DPS'ers are putting out between 2300 and 2700 depending on the attempt

Everybody is in full 72 level gear.

That doesn't quite add up. :/ You should be doing more DPS on that fight if you're all full 72's. Your collective dps should be above the 12k mark for the fight and that's possible even when there's people still partly in 69 gear. Might be time for your DPS to check their gear optimizations, builds and rotations.

Edited by Zomise

So in Carls' method is anyone getting in pools at all? Seems like chasing adds down could be a problem. It sounds like everyone stack on horror for aoes.

Last night we swapped out a shadow for a gunslinger. Crazy that there is almost a 1k difference in dps. Yes there are other classes that can get close to 3k ds but they require way more work to achieve that compared to slinger/sniper. Even with 3k dps you are at least 200 dps behind a gunslinger. With such tight timers on all these new ops it brings the question why dps with any other class.

Last night we swapped out a shadow for a gunslinger. Crazy that there is almost a 1k difference in dps. Yes there are other classes that can get close to 3k ds but they require way more work to achieve that compared to slinger/sniper.

A huge part of that is Orbital Strike on adds adding extra DPS on top of his single target damage. Only snipers and slingers have a Cast-it-and-leave-it AoE (orbital-flyby). Upside is it ticks for damage (on adds) while you go back to doing your single target DPS (on the boss). Downside is it stays in one place (orbital) and relies things to remain underneath it.

offtopic:

If we have more boss fights like Dreadful entity where you move almost 90% of the time, Orbital is going to be harder to pull off. This fight is where playstyles like Madness Sins MIGHT shine because Deathfield/FiB is instant and you are a dot class with little to no channels or cast times. Yes you'll get knocked back (on dreadful entity) and it sucks but that's melee for you XD.

Edited by paowee