Codex entry: epic enemies, survived boss

Hi,

Can anyone tell me exactly what is the meaning of this "survived".

The codex entries I currently have in that category have as description:

example: You survived the fight with soa in the Eternity Vault without dying on hard mode.

To me it would mean that you didn't die during a boss fight.

I have now killed Kephess in TFB SM around 6 times without dying and I still didn't get that codex entry.

I assumed it was a bug as others claimed they did get it in the same fight so I reported it to support.

Just to get as answer that they investigated it and it is working as designed.

Am I missing something?

My understanding is you get this codex entry when no-one in your group dies during the fight.

However that doesn't explain the discrepancy with you not receiving the codex entry and others claiming that they did. Any chance they weren't telling the truth?

My understanding is you get this codex entry when no-one in your group dies during the fight.

However that doesn't explain the discrepancy with you not receiving the codex entry and others claiming that they did. Any chance they weren't telling the truth?

They probably misunderstood what he was asking, and they actually got the one for just killing the boss period.

For EV, KP, and EC the Survived Codex entries just unlock when you beat the boss. For TFB the entire group must survive (with no revives) and you must do it on the first attempt during the raid.

That actually makes sense now. As I was pretty sure I died during one of the bosses of EV before and still got the survived codex entry.

Also on Kephess tfb, 1 of our ops team died in beginning of the fight, so I guess that was the reason of us not getting the codex entry.

My guess is the others just told me they got the codex entry but misunderstood me that I asked for the survived one.

Strange they would change it for TFB only than, without changing the description to "the entire team survived ..."

Also silly support just answered my bug report with "working as designed" instead of just telling me that for tfb they changed the "survived" context.

But what do you mean exactly with: you must do it on your first attempt?

Because I believe on the last boss we did wipe the first time, the second time(right after first wipe) we did it again, noone died and we did get the codex entry. Although it's been a while and can't be 100% sure.

I guess I will keep at it for a full run to find out.

Thanks for your replies.

Hehe, we have had the same discussion back in my guild and came up with the following answer. First of all, everyone has to be alive at the end, he combatress debuff should not be present on any character (So yes you can use combatress but the CD on it has to come off before the fight is over). I remember doing it with my alt on a run and we killed first four bosses on first try without any wipes but then we had one on last boss so we made a 2nd try and killed it and I got the survived codex entry so unless they have changed it, you don't need to a perfect run.

... the combatress debuff should not be present on any character (So yes you can use combatress but the CD on it has to come off before the fight is over)....

Yeah I have not extensively tested this new requirement and I did not know this. As for wiping, I have wiped once and then done a perfect run with no Codex entry. Maybe the revive debuff was still present.

At this point the only one I need is Kephess the Undying which is just going to be a pain.