Ranked wz for general pvp plz

Beratac

Creating ranked pvp wz for 8 man spec teams is BS!!!! open it up to general pvp because not everyone gets into spec'd pvp groups. Not everyone likes having a guild that spends their lives doing nothing but farming valor for gear. A true ranking system opens it up to everyone.. not just building 8 man teams.

you don't really understand how 'seasons' in sports work do you. you don't keep your rank from pre-season to regular season, just like you don't keep your rank from this season to next season.

Do you think the NY Giants are going to start this year's football season as the number 1 team? no they will all have an even rank when the season starts.

thanks for that sporting explanation.. pt is.. they need to open it up to everyone.. not season from now.. or what ever... thats the problem with games... pre this and pre that... BS... open it up to everyone or don't even launch it until you can... frankly its friggen stupid doing it this way

thanks for that sporting explanation.. pt is.. they need to open it up to everyone.. not season from now.. or what ever... thats the problem with games... pre this and pre that... BS... open it up to everyone or don't even launch it until you can... frankly its friggen stupid doing it this way

right. delay it more. that would have gone over well. You were probably one of the ones complaining when they delayed it the first time.

Agree

right. delay it more. that would have gone over well. You were probably one of the ones complaining when they delayed it the first time.

Some people will find something to complain about no matter the situation. Fix their complaint and they are forced to complain about the fix. Makes you want to just kick them in the junk.

Yes I was one of the ones that complained when the delayed it the first time.. but this frankly is no better... PRE SEASON... give me a break... OPEN IT UP FOR EVERYONE OR KEEP IT IN THE CLOSET UNTIL YOU CAN.... this is a poor poor way to launch something folks have been wanting..

Doing this is just a marketing ploy to keep people interested or to draw more back.. either way I'm done with this game in fourteen days with the launch of Mechwarrior Online

Yes I was one of the ones that complained when the delayed it the first time.. but this frankly is no better... PRE SEASON... give me a break... OPEN IT UP FOR EVERYONE OR KEEP IT IN THE CLOSET UNTIL YOU CAN.... this is a poor poor way to launch something folks have been wanting..

Doing this is just a marketing ploy to keep people interested or to draw more back.. either way I'm done with this game in fourteen days with the launch of Mechwarrior Online

so you don't see the flaw in your logic here? you complain that bioware pushed the feature back. bioware gives you the feature. you complain that it isn't what you wanted and complain that they should have not released it until it is how you want it. bad logic is bad.

I think they should open it up before season one, actually I would have prefered if they had made both available at the same time... anyway, people told BioWare that already in the past, but they almost never listen to the community.

So you think they are not opening up solo ques in ranked WZ's in pre-season just to be a meanie weenie? Did the thought ever occur to you that they had some reasoning behind not doing this or restriction that still needed to be addressed? I guess its just easier on the melon to think they are being big meanie weenies.

Creating ranked pvp wz for 8 man spec teams is BS!!!! open it up to general pvp because not everyone gets into spec'd pvp groups. Not everyone likes having a guild that spends their lives doing nothing but farming valor for gear. A true ranking system opens it up to everyone.. not just building 8 man teams.

So what your saying is you can't get into a ranked pug 8 man wz and (if) your in a guild they don't pvp?

edit

Edited by Hardwear

I am curious what they are going to do for solo queues. if they match solo pugs against 8 premades people will never stop complaining about that. Either way they said they were making it this way when they pulled it from 1.2 so it is hardly a surprise.

I agree. They should have let their be premade 8 mans vs premade 8 mans, and queing ranked wz's for solo players. Seriously I am in a social guild with 5 co workers. How the frack am I suppose to have a chance at ranked wz's now?

They want to see how much the queues will move with just premades I would assume.

I doubt they will get enough active teams with only premades without going x-server

I'm tempted to say in about a week or two people will complain 'ranked WZ take too long' and then they open up to single queues as another feature and that'll buy them another month without actually doing anything signficant.

so you don't see the flaw in your logic here? you complain that bioware pushed the feature back. bioware gives you the feature. you complain that it isn't what you wanted and complain that they should have not released it until it is how you want it. bad logic is bad.

Its not a complete feature its open only to LVL50s that is not a complete feature when its not available to all levels

So you think they are not opening up solo ques in ranked WZ's in pre-season just to be a meanie weenie? Did the thought ever occur to you that they had some reasoning behind not doing this or restriction that still needed to be addressed? I guess its just easier on the melon to think they are being big meanie weenies.

People on an 8-man premade may have very different team rating but the game can calculate a single overall rating somehow (or the RWZ wouldn't even work). This is no different had the 8 guys all are single queue with their own solo queue rating.

The only reason to do this would be to save the update for a rainy day when people get restless and demand something new or they quit. After all, since the composition of your premade can change after every game, there's literally no difference between an 8-man premade and 8 random single queuers. If I wanted to, I can organize a totally random premade, i.e. I go to chat and take the first 7 guys who want to play with me, play a game, disband the group, and then the next 7 guys, and so on. I definitely qualify for a premade 8 under this definition but my team composition sure is as random as it gets.

It's ranked warzones therefore going in you know you are going up against people who want to be the best of the best. Part of wanting to be the best of the best is having a good team, and thus a good pvp guild. If you can't deal with that then don't join ranked warzones.

Personally, I'm ecstatic the way things are. By the time the puggers get to join I would have full War Hero gear plus all my augments. I'll feed you to my dogs.

It's ranked warzones therefore going in you know you are going up against people who want to be the best of the best. Part of wanting to be the best of the best is having a good team, and thus a good pvp guild. If you can't deal with that then don't join ranked warzones.

Personally, I'm ecstatic the way things are. By the time the puggers get to join I would have full War Hero gear plus all my augments. I'll feed you to my dogs.

In other words you're not confident you can even beat a PUG without the advantage of full War Hero, which most people would already have from pre season anyway if they play competitively even as a PUG, so your plan won't even work against decent PUGs.

I agree. They should have let their be premade 8 mans vs premade 8 mans, and queing ranked wz's for solo players. Seriously I am in a social guild with 5 co workers. How the frack am I suppose to have a chance at ranked wz's now?

You can get 3 more players to form the 8 man operation. There is no requirement that all players in the operation have to be from the same guild.

you don't really understand how 'seasons' in sports work do you. you don't keep your rank from pre-season to regular season, just like you don't keep your rank from this season to next season.

Do you think the NY Giants are going to start this year's football season as the number 1 team? no they will all have an even rank when the season starts.

You mean the comms and gear they purchase with those comms is being taken away after pre-season?

Sounds like you are being carried through by your guild. You probably suck, and couldn't win anything without the gear. For us that do not have a pvp guild, we are stuck out here alone.... I am sorry but I completely disagree with you. I see your point and I will never agree with that. I'll feed your dogs to my goldfish.