How is It For Ranged Thus Far?

Cempa

Can I ask what is it exactly you two are trying to say? I'm really sorry to hear your sorc got hit for 6.5k but I still don't understand the problem. In fact 6.5k is kinda on the low side, no? I mean maul, smash, gored screams/ravages, hidden strikes all hit harder than this. Always have, so what's the deal? What's in the patch notes about ranged classes that's so ungodly to even speak of that you need to make one-liner opening posts and emocon spam? Edited by Ridickilis

Can I ask what is it exactly you two are trying to say? I'm really sorry to hear your sorc got hit for 6.5k but I still don't understand the problem. In fact 6.5k is kinda on the low side, no? I mean maul, smash, gored screams/ravages, hidden strikes all hit harder than this. Always have, so what's the deal? What's in the patch notes about ranged classes that's so ungodly to even speak of that you need to make one-liner opening posts and emocon spam?

Considering I mainly play a shadow and a marauder I tend to know what I can hit people with.

2 factors:

- sure there have always been NN predators for the ranged DPS (also known as "fodder"), from today it's NN + 1.

- maul eats tons of force, gore belongs to a less than inflationed spec (my mara being one of the few carnage spec), scream is not spammable. A DPS op can CC quite well AND now also do frequent hits that are not on maul range but are sustained over time.

This reminds me of EvE Online: they kept buffing gank and insta-lock till low sec decayed and lost almost the totality of not pure PvP players. Because you can buff lions just so much before they are all what's left.

I mean, it's not even about ops. They were somewhat subpar in that department.

But the contrast with the UTTER pathetic garbage casters got is really striking.

BW keep letting in "power inflation" meanwhile they leave defenses almost the same.

Guess even "heal 2 full" was too much to ask for.

Considering I mainly play a shadow and a marauder I tend to know what I can hit people with.

2 factors:

- sure there have always been NN predators for the ranged DPS (also known as "fodder"), from today it's NN + 1.

- maul eats tons of force, gore belongs to a less than inflationed spec (my mara being one of the few carnage spec), scream is not spammable. A DPS op can CC quite well AND now also do frequent hits that are not on maul range but are sustained over time.

This reminds me of EvE Online: they kept buffing gank and insta-lock till low sec decayed and lost almost the totality of not pure PvP players. Because you can buff lions just so much before they are all what's left.

I mean, it's not even about ops. They were somewhat subpar in that department.

But the contrast with the UTTER pathetic garbage casters got is really striking.

BW keep letting in "power inflation" meanwhile they leave defenses almost the same.

So your argument is a scrapper vs a maul spammer?

Ok. I get that.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but what are are simply trying to say is: "nothing really wrong with concealment ops, but sorcs are absolute garbage and BW refuses to do anything about it".

I don't think Sorcerer is garbage, I think its the best 'wizard' class design of any game I played...To me Sorcerer is simply THE most fun ever...

I just wanted to hear how the 'ranged' experience is for others thus far in 2.6 with the sea of melee?

So your argument is a scrapper vs a maul spammer?

Ok. I get that.

"Maul spamming" does not work. First of all it eats all Force very fast, second, you'll just see a first big maul but the next ones are usually 4-5k and then you are force starved and a pushover to kill.

I don't think Sorcerer is garbage, I think its the best 'wizard' class design of any game I played...To me Sorcerer is simply THE most fun ever...

I just wanted to hear how the 'ranged' experience is for others thus far in 2.6 with the sea of melee?

I still prefer my Warhammer Sorc. She was the Real Thing, let that glass cannon shoot and you were dead for sure. With timestamping, she could bring a guy from 100% to death in 1 GCD.

I don't know what a "wizard" class is, but in this meta game the sorc is now the worst class in the game for all trees.

Don't get me wrong, it is a fun class to play, but unless you are being ignored the entire match you can't do much. Even when are you being ignored there are still many classes that can do better than you in a similar situation.

This class needs more attention than all the others, but because sorcs parse well in PvE, BW ignores it and gives stupid "heal2full" answers.

I don't know what a "wizard" class is, but in this meta game the sorc is now the worst class in the game for all trees.

Don't get me wrong, it is a fun class to play, but unless you are being ignored the entire match you can't do much. Even when are you being ignored there are still many classes that can do better than you in a similar situation.

This class needs more attention than all the others, but because sorcs parse well in PvE, BW ignores it and gives stupid "heal2full" answers.

Is the issue in your view Sorcerer needs a review upwards or others need a review downwards?

But Operative DPS can also heal to full can they not -stealth/vanish hide and heal.

Edited by Cempa

Where are you getting this from? Sorc as a class is a head of merc, jugg, snipers and sins on PvP leader boards. Granted they are all madness, but even with recent buffs, ops dps stands no chance against sorc in arenas, WZs or solo. In terms of dps viability, best dps right now are PT both dps spec, marauder except annihilation, dec sin and madness sorc. You are top 5 out of 18 dps specs and best ranged dps. I do think madness needs some QOL improvements, especially in the resource department, and a slight improvement in burst, beside that it is a player problem not class problem.

Lightning and corruption suck.

Is the issue in your view Sorcerer needs a review upwards or others need a review downwards?

But Operative DPS can also heal to full can they not -stealth/vanish hide and heal.

From the killing point of view as shadow.

The only sorcs with a tiny chance to live are full heal or hybrid "reinforced + flash stun" bubble specced, the latter mostly because I have usually better to do than blast them from range and negate the stun.

The others are generally a matter of few GCDs before they die.

Not saying some don't kill me, errors on my part and lucky procs / crits off theirs happen fairly often. But generally it's the easiest class to kill of ALL bar none.

On the point of view of heal / hybrid spec sorc: survivability is fine, your damage becomes utterly pointless so you pay dues by having to rely on a winning team (something neither my shadow nor an op need).

On the point of view of madness sorc: burst is VASTLY too insufficient. On a low crit spec (lightning is the one that gears for crit), you gotta hope to get a string of crits to dispatch heavy stunlocking classes or you are toast fast.

Sure you get a stun, a top tier talent (2s stun), a bubble and a slow. The nastiest opponents (typically warriors) usually "live" with full resolve so all that stuff is quite useless. Sprint is very easily negated (you use it, the other class has 3-4 abilities to counter it, i.e. on my mara I have spammable slow and charge and choke, on my shadow I have stun / mez / slow / whirlwind.

So basically where are the tools *that work* when the other guy has full resolve bar?

What about getting a vaguely comparable amount of defenses to counter the other classes CCs?

Even speccing with 30% stun damage reduction (only 1 sorc / sage tree can), even using augmented obroan, an *op* (not even talking about assassins) today critted me for > 6.8k damage.

Can't always play in a premade carrying you.

Can't always bubble up and have the team do what your class is unable to do (kill a guy who opened at you).

Can't always insta-quit arenas because you know you are strong motivator... for the opponents! Some days seem only arenas pops.

Anyway all the classes have got their issues, i.e. I am happy to only PvP on my shadow but what about those who want to PvE with it? Yet out of 5 classes I feel sorc is the weakest one, by a big margin.

Edited by Vaerah

Where are you getting this from? Sorc as a class is a head of merc, jugg, snipers and sins on PvP leader boards.

Are these the same leaderboards I am watching right now? Because while I see a PLETHORA of "born natural skilled" ops (anyone surprised?) the first sorc is at 20th spot, the other is a bug (1914 rank shown above others who have > 2k).

Edited by Vaerah

He means over 3K damage per second, which I strongly doubt.

OP DPS are pretty crappy to fight now, but not impossible if you stun them back, and get ahead on the DPS race.

It's not like they have any defensive cooldowns that are worth anything.

Sounds like assassins. Pushbacks, roots and snares to keep them from finishing.

Are these the same leaderboards I am watching right now? Because while I see a PLETHORA of "born natural skilled" ops (anyone surprised?) the first sorc is at 20th spot, the other is a bug (1914 rank shown above others who have > 2k).

I am not sure what leader boards you are looking at. As of right now the average of the top 5 sorc/sage on group ranked leader boards is 2,125, mara/sent 2,269 , PT/VG 2,190 and sin 2,175. These are your top dps classes. Only 1 sniper above 2K in the top 5 and no jugg or merc above 1.9K. Ya, madness is doing good.

I do not give a crap about yolo que, because it is not competitive what so ever.

I am not sure what leader boards you are looking at. As of right now the average of the top 5 sorc/sage on group ranked leader boards is 2,125, mara/sent 2,269 , PT/VG 2,190 and sin 2,175. These are your top dps classes. Only 1 sniper above 2K in the top 5 and no jugg or merc above 1.9K. Ya, madness is doing good.

I do not give a crap about yolo que, because it is not competitive what so ever.

agreed madness is a solid solid build..can it be better sure...instant WW like before would be awesome but wont happen...

Issue is WZ not arena and its whenever you get +3 warriors its all over for a sorcerer w

+3k DPS what?
First, how do you not know what dps is?

Secondly, I expected some idiot to buy it so I could post a snarky comeback. So thanks for ruining that.

And stop complaining about normals, all ranged specs, give or take engineering, have it worse than balance/madness in games where the other team is really DD heavy.

Edited by MidichIorian

agreed madness is a solid solid build..can it be better sure...instant WW like before would be awesome but wont happen...

Issue is WZ not arena and its whenever you get +3 warriors its all over for a sorcerer w

For me it's the opposite. In a WZ it's easier to "mesh" with the crowd or perk somewhere and freecast.

3+ warriors should not be a concern because you are not meant to be where 3 warriors roam about.

Also, most of them are lolsmash. Play a low level mara yourself for 2-3 days in WZ and you'll see how it's possible to not be insta-trucidated by that. Carnage luckily are rare, they are WAY worse to deal with.

In arenas instead, you have 4 people who SHALL focus you, no crowd to hide in. Have yet to lose an arena where the opponents had a sorc.

I agree they need some QOL improvements. I do not think think DCDs are an issue even in WZs. Resources and a bit of burst thought are needed.

For me it's the opposite. In a WZ it's easier to "mesh" with the crowd or perk somewhere and freecast.

3+ warriors should not be a concern because you are not meant to be where 3 warriors roam about.

Also, most of them are lolsmash. Play a low level mara yourself for 2-3 days in WZ and you'll see how it's possible to not be insta-trucidated by that. Carnage luckily are rare, they are WAY worse to deal with.

In arenas instead, you have 4 people who SHALL focus you, no crowd to hide in. Have yet to lose an arena where the opponents had a sorc.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Most competitive sorc/sages are doing good in group ranked.