Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

I've seen dozens of conjectures on this, but no Official responses (that I've found). Can we get a heads-up on whether or not existing crafts will be able to make items? Or will it be a new craft? Some of us who have sadly neglected our crafting alts would like to get busy and level up our profs if they will be used for Stronghold accessories.

It's possible the answer to this is under NDA and that's why I can't find the answer, so if that is indeed the case, could you just say, "NDA, sorry,"

:confused:

All that has been said is this:

You will earn a set of starter decorations when you purchase your first Stronghold. Many decorations will be available on existing vendors throughout the game as new rewards for Reputations, PvP, Crew Skills, and more. While some of these decorations will be available for credits and other currencies, many will require components created by crafters. Decorations can also be obtained as loot drops from Flashpoints and Operations. Finally, a variety of unique decorations can be purchased with Cartel Coins on the Cartel Market.

I would guess (educated guess not 100% accurate) it would be existing crafting professions. My recommedations regarding this is if you like to craft work on your crafting just in case. I am in the midst of working on the 3 that I don't have maxed yet.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CORRECTION: I forgot that ROTHC was free to us subbers...so I expect the big expansion will be the same, especially all the focus they're placing on the subbers right know.

It is free now, it wasn't free when it came out :p I think we had to pay around $9-10 to pre-order ROTHC. I'm not sure when exactly they made it free for the subbs, but it was a few months after its launch.

Looks like there are multiple "flats" available for purchase, at least on Coruscant. Possibly more than one building per planet.

Some of the skylines seem to show the spaceport with the docked ship and seem to be located lower in the building, whereas one looks like to be at the top and has an open vista of other skyscrapers.

Can you say huuuge credit sink lol?

100mil for the penthouse in the senate district. :p

Edited by aeterno

You know, instead of mannequins to decorate the place with, I think it would be nicer to Purchase/Hire Dancers and Servants for your home for entertainment and to keep the place nice while you're gone. And that you could use Adaptive to play dress up with your Employees and basically decorate them while they go about your home performing their tasks. Plus the ability to see all your Companions in your home when you enter the instance, which works since most of them is geared and looking how you want them anyway.

Just having mannequins to throw your old armor on would be kinda boring and too much like Skyrim. But servants you can purchase and then dress up as they work in your home? That would feel a lot more like Star Wars. Coruscant would have Maids, Nar Shadaa would have Dancers, and Dromund Kaas would, of course, have slaves working for them. Just a few NPC's to give that more in-depth feeling to the world.

I do understand players having wanted to decorate their Class Ships. We may yet hope for that, but Player Housing seemed a more readily able solution. Besides with Galactic Starfighter we can customize those ships to a degree and use them in Space PvP. So they did move in that direction, if not in the way we were looking for.

Would have been nicer to have all the planned stronghold features for our ship instead of a house. Just saying...:confused:

Speak for your self, i for one do not want to be stuck on my ship constantly, having friends over for rp will crowd the ship pretty fast. having housing is way better, different themes, different locations, Npc's to your liking, not just companions so yeah imo strongholds > player ship

Can you say huuuge credit sink lol?

100mil for the penthouse in the senate district. :p

Well, there's not much else to spend your credits on once you've got your character's cosmetics sorted. Besides, if the GTN prices are anything to go by these days, then most people should have plenty to throw around.

I was so excited about this expansion I immediately resubbed. Like many others I am counting down the days to the release, but I think we can all agree when I say; take your time, Bioware. Don't rush it!

Thank you for this expansion, it will enhance my gaming experiencing by a huge amount!

• 2 weeks later...

Few things that would be nice to see in the housing implementation:

Free item placement. It seems the case regarding the pics.

If it's not then you can already trash your system (Cf LotRo system)

Ability to move items furniture X, Y, Z axis and not only rotate but also roll items and scale them up/down.

(Ex a tiny Hutt statue attached to the wall would be to my liking but the huge stuff no ty.)

Ability to drop gear and weapons and display them neatly.

Ability to teleport or land to our house without having to run / load / run / load

Shared storage with different compartments for mats, weapons, recipes, gear...

I mean big storage that facilitates sorting through all the crafting mats mess and gear.

Entry list to allow access to only specific characters be it friends, guilds...

And option to let them pick/up or drop items.

Ability to paint furniture.

That gold statue of yours I'd like it in silver or maybe in black stone (obsidian).

Lighting options: allow making the room totally dark and let players add lighting with furniture to their liking.

(I know might never see this in any MMO...)

Possibility to transform our spaceships into housing: furnish them, paint them and so on.

Finally allow player to furnish a room and display/sell it on the AH.

(Note I make quite a reputation furnishing houses in SWG. Some of us like this type of game play and some need us!)

Thanks for reading.

P.S.: and not to forget allow us to have hundreds of items in the house, always killed me to be limited by the items we were able to drop in SWG. Too often it ended furnishing well a few rooms and being obliged to leave some rooms empty.

Edited by Deewe

bioware learn how to make a trailer that actully plays instead of skipping and pausing every2 seconds holy crap atleast put some care into what u are promoteing jesus

Check your internet connection. The problem isn't on BioWare's end, else yours would not be the first and only post saying what it says.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

at about 0:51-0:54 there are cutscenes of what seem to be player ships and shuttles flying through the cities. I haven't seen those in game before and I dont see them currently now that strongholds is released.

Were they for real, or dropped?

Also, is there a way to watcher the arrival cutscene for a particular character?