()() Hardmode EV raid finally gives up.

Here is some of the bugs we encountered and finally gave up on trying to raid HM ev last night..

No speeder appearing to take you to the boss room. (very long run)

The random deaths while zoning in (funny for a little while but then just annoying)

Loot bugged, I have a schematic in my bag now that just says "invalid" when reading.

More loot bugging, while UI dropped for screenshot someone looted and the subsequently could not roll on any of the loot at all. (maybe our fault but still an annoying bug)

Not being able to get back in unless you reset all instances, meaning clearing the trash to the boss again. (this was the biggest breaker and ultimately why we collapsed the raid)

<><><>

We then decide to try HM Kragga and he bugs out too!

Kragga's palace boss bugs spawning and oneshotting anyone that zoned in.

Disappears a few minutes into fight and resets.

Now we are quite a robust and hardy bunch playing right back to Sleeper EQ and C'thun (40 man kill) WoW - But these really are game-breakers, most of my guild, sister guilds and I am unlikely to be subbing $14.95 for this. We are trying to finsh all hardmodes before the end of our free month, im 99% sure we will and its a shame because if there was more to do at endgame and more of a challenge in content we would almost certainly stay.

The game is the best solo mmo I personally have ever played.

Before realeasing more content (Rakoul expansion) fix the bugs like ability delay etc..

Edited by Scan

Yeah, what you will be told though is:

- Your own fault for rushing

- Suits you right for trying to take on the hardest content undergeared

- Go back to WoW

- This game was not meant for competitive play

- Perhaps BW don't want you to down things before your free month ends (okay, that one would be pretty dellusional)

Coming from a raider's perspective however.

While Blizzard's extensive open patch testing might remove some of the "real" trial and error aspects in the encounters in that they most often will have down the fights on the test realms, thus cutting down on the time they need on live realms, it does mean that content ships with far less bugs than it could have and have done in the past.

The reset thing is so easily avoided it's not even funny.

Step 1 -- Wipe on a boss (it happens, Soa is a pain in the ***)

Step 2 -- Have one person not release after the reset

Step 3 -- at least 1 person who released runs in

Step 4 -- No more having to reset trash. Also there isn't any trash after the Pylons...

The rancor boss will reset if you kite him to the edge of the platform, which is a horrible way to do the fight anyway.

Edited by Battyone

The reset thing is so easily avoided it's not even funny.

Step 1 -- Wipe on a boss (it happens, Soa is a pain in the ***)

Step 2 -- Have one person not release after the reset

Step 3 -- at least 1 person who released runs in

Step 4 -- No more having to reset trash. Also there isn't any trash after the Pylons...

The rancor boss will reset if you kite him to the edge of the platform, which is a horrible way to do the fight anyway.

Thanks!

Will implement this on sunday. xx

Thanks!

Will implement this on sunday. xx

No worries having to clear the trash up to Gasjh or w/e his name is annoyed us enough to try a few things, and we found a solution that wasn't 20 mins between pulls.

It's also worth noting the random deaths only happen after a wipe to him, so once he's on farm that's gone, but it only would happen once per respawn. Basically we die, walk in, take the speeder (which spawns when the trash is clear up to the 2nd boss and you wipe onward). also we ran into a bug on the pillar boss (FYI: have the south group lock in first then the north group, always hitting the right console and it worked out well enough, otherwise the 4th wheel on the north pylon would get stuck and we'd have to run into lava and die.)

Yeah, what you will be told though is:

- Your own fault for rushing

- Suits you right for trying to take on the hardest content undergeared

- Go back to WoW

- This game was not meant for competitive play

- Perhaps BW don't want you to down things before your free month ends (okay, that one would be pretty dellusional)

Please. Trolling the trolls before they even show up isn't going to help, and certainly doesn't make you better than they are.

Glad you're reporting this stuff, OP, and I feel your pain.

No worries having to clear the trash up to Gasjh or w/e his name is annoyed us enough to try a few things, and we found a solution that wasn't 20 mins between pulls.

It's also worth noting the random deaths only happen after a wipe to him, so once he's on farm that's gone, but it only would happen once per respawn. Basically we die, walk in, take the speeder (which spawns when the trash is clear up to the 2nd boss and you wipe onward). also we ran into a bug on the pillar boss (FYI: have the south group lock in first then the north group, always hitting the right console and it worked out well enough, otherwise the 4th wheel on the north pylon would get stuck and we'd have to run into lava and die.)

Appreciated.

We ticketed all the bugs and I log on this morning to see all posts "forwarded to the next level" and all closed.

So no way of actually tracking these problems like bugged loot etc.

Not good.

Yep, my guild just ran into the mind trap bug on Soa. Several of the people stuck in the mind traps after soa died actually needed the gear that dropped, including myself. We all opened tickets.

The response to my ticket?

Hi this is protocall droid.... You can use the /stuck command......... or you can use quick travel......... (problem is definitely getting solved here)........ or you can press Ctrl u + u to reset your interface (because interface has everything to do with my problem).......

THANKS MR. PROTOCALL DROID I DIDN't KNOW HOW TO TYPE /STUCK HURRRRRRR DERRRRRR............................

This has to be the must buggy game I have ever seen even on release. Some of the bugs happen so often that you know the content was hardly tested.

I used to rationalize the problems in this game with the "yeah, but the game was just released" statement. Not anymore. Literally some of the end game content has a more likely chance to bug than to not bug. The Soa fight really comes down to what bug will you run into and will you be able to get loot.

Edited by Tankxor

You forget the best part, person gets trapped in mind trap as the last boss dies, when he gets out of the trap he is still in combat stuck can't see anyone else in the Ops, can't loot. He has to run back jump down that huge hole and die, if he is lucky he combat res will actually work (usually can not be activated even in combat) as all of the Ops is still flagged for combat for some silly reason.

This is how our Ops leader lost the chest piece that was round robin assigned to him, he couldn't pick it up eventually the corpse despawned.

Edited by Matteuz

Yes, the worst thing that can happen is hours of wiping and learning a fight to see bugged loot.

Massive game breaker.

if it really was, you'd never have killed c'thun

100% unkillable for WEEKS due to being overtuned/buggy

DS was released with major bugs/tuning issues which is why you had to stack mages with the legendary to kill hc spine

this is normal. yes it needs to be fixed but if you compare this to wow at launch it's a no brainer, vanilla was buggier than anything released since. gw released in 2004 and was less buggy.

the latest patch released for wow has the old "hunter pet spawns with 6300hp" bug which can and does cause it to die after spawning.

bugs are just part of the game. not fixing bugs is an actual problem and sometimes takes time. the bugs themselves aren't something you can reasonably take issue with, the time it takes to fix them is

but then you look at the industry standard and it has bugs that have been present since beta

it really comes down to if you really want to play an mmo or not. if you do, bugs are part of it and always will be in every game.

yeah it sucks when life doesn't go as planned but that's life. if the encounter is busted in a month, then that's worthy of a gripe.

Edited by Sulmithagreyse

if it really was, you'd never have killed c'thun

100% unkillable for WEEKS due to being overtuned/buggy

DS was released with major bugs/tuning issues which is why you had to stack mages with the legendary to kill hc spine

this is normal. yes it needs to be fixed but if you compare this to wow at launch it's a no brainer, vanilla was buggier than anything released since. gw released in 2004 and was less buggy.

the latest patch released for wow has the old "hunter pet spawns with 6300hp" bug which can and does cause it to die after spawning.

bugs are just part of the game. not fixing bugs is an actual problem and sometimes takes time. the bugs themselves aren't something you can reasonably take issue with, the time it takes to fix them is

but then you look at the industry standard and it has bugs that have been present since beta

it really comes down to if you really want to play an mmo or not. if you do, bugs are part of it and always will be in every game.

yeah it sucks when life doesn't go as planned but that's life. if the encounter is busted in a month, then that's worthy of a gripe.

Do your hands get tired from holding BW's nuts off the burning sand?

I did EV, we got through it, bugs and all. The hardest part was...the bugs. End game is a train wreck. After one raid I decided...meh, this isn't fun, its too frustrating and went and played an alt. After my 30 days burn up, gonna play some other games I put on the back burner. Not paying to beta test this game.

May change my tune about subbing, Really want this game to be awesome. Love SW and enjoy most of the game's aspects, but as an end game MMO it just sucks out loud. Could have used few more months on the burner imo.

As someone who isn't 50 yet, I thank you for reporting bugs so that the content will be enjoyable when I get there eventually. :D

Would be a shame if everyone in front of you has left though...

C'thun was intentionally unbeatable, the bugs that are killing my guilds desire to raid are not.

The hardest thing in this game is continuing to raid in spite of the bugs.

Not going to pay $14.95 for that.

or you could stop raiding for a month. i know its the end of the world and all but what do you expect from an entirely new engine from a company that has never produced an mmo before?

I expected more, much more.

Therin may lie the cancer I guess.

Experienced the woes of the Rancor boss not despawning in normal mode as well. Boy does that suck that popping in he just destroys those loading in if you wiped and are attempting it again.

Also in normal mode we also experienced a boss not respawning and had to reset the instance to get it working again. Fortunately it was the first boss.

I don't think these bugs are just in hard mode.

Much truth lies within this thread.

@Scan, I'm assuming you guys as a guild are looking for an MMO with solid endgame to keep you guys occupied. Do you guys have plans on where you'd go after TOR, and is there any possibility that you'd return to TOR if BioWare got it's endgame act together?

Couldn't wait until Tuesday when 1.1 hits and is supposed to fix a lot of the bugs you mentioned?

He logged on to report some issues and vent. A few people who also raid came in and suggested some workarounds for some of the listed bugs while he's waiting for patch 1.1

My real question for everyone who assumes -everyone else- is being impatient and therefore immature is this: If 1.1 doesn't fix all of the issues, or implements new bugs, what will be the rallying cry then? "Wait for 1.11?"

That's almost always what inevitably happens.

And lets not forget part of his complaints were that they're just about done with raid-content already, and the only significant limiting factor towards his progress was bugs rather than genuinely difficult progression content.

Cleared most of the raids in wow, even the 40 mans in less then a week. Including Cthun. Boring *** raid fights and trash mobs. Even now, most raids in wow are boring as hell. Claiming they were hard is just strange, since they weren't. Time consuming thats all it was.

Anyway, these sound like some serious bugs but im sure they fixed it in 1.1 or most of them.

Cleared most of the raids in wow, even the 40 mans in less then a week. Including Cthun. Boring *** raid fights and trash mobs. Even now, most raids in wow are boring as hell. Claiming they were hard is just strange, since they weren't. Time consuming thats all it was.

Anyway, these sound like some serious bugs but im sure they fixed it in 1.1 or most of them.

What the hell guild were you in? Star? I'd ask you to prove it by typing in Korean. I'd believe you were in a raiding guild that cleared all content simply because it's not worth the time to investigate. To claim you tore through all of the progression content in less than a week of starting them is a bit more difficult to believe - particularly because certain raids required Resistance Grinds that demanded you raid the same dungeon for a couple of weeks for patterns and materials before pressing onwards.

Or am I misrepresenting how much Nature Resist was required for initially clearing AQ40 back during Vanilla WoW when it launched?