HeroEngine update

dwiekopy

Not a chance in hell.

Mainly because SWTORs version of Hero is an alpha/beta and pretty much it's own thing at this point.

Not *just* an alpha/beta, but also extensively modified by BioWare in such a way as to make updating to a "release" version (*any* release version) very difficult. Or so they say, anyway.

HeroEngine will support DX11 and will improve graphics. I hope Bioware is going to use that

http://www.heroengine.com/news/he-updates/d3d11-update

Like the above posters said, SWTOR uses a heavily modified ALPHA version of HeroEngine.

To "upgrade" SWTOR's game engine to the latest stable release of HeroEngine would be to essentially recode the entire game for the latest and greatest HeroEngine version.

We can talk about the theoretical improvements the game could receive if that was done. But, while anything is possible, I don't think it's likely that SWTOR will get ported to a new game engine.

We can hope and dream though. :)

DX 11 would certainly be nice. It runs a hell of a lot better than DX 9.

I'll use Shogun 2 as an example, that has a DX 9 version and a DX 11 version. On my not so top tier lappy I get about 10 fps extra AND extra pretty on DX 11.

It'll be the dream. This is coming from somebody who spends most of his time in DX 9 land.

I'll use Shogun 2 as an example, that has a DX 9 version and a DX 11 version. On my not so top tier lappy I get about 10 fps extra AND extra pretty on DX 11.

Yeah, Shogun 2 is way pretty in DX11 mode. I particularly liked zooming in from seeing my whole army of 1000 assorted guys on the battlefield to being able to watch 50-60 individuals fidgeting as they wait for the actual fighting to begin.