Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

Alec_Fortescue

Doesn't matter if they are super cool or not. It's more about that these were advertised to be a class wear. Bioware, you changed the cartel gear most of the players didn't even ask for (especially the older sets). How about giving/modifying old sets to fit the advertisements?

When they modified the Investigator's set, it allowed Inquisitors to have hood up on a lot of our outfits (like the Exalted Inquisitor pictures in your post). It's sad that it took a Cartel bug to fix our Legacy gear. It's our freaking LEGACY gear.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they modified the Investigator's set, it allowed Inquisitors to have hood up on a lot of our outfits (like the Exalted Inquisitor pictures in your post). It's sad that it took a Cartel bug to fix our Legacy gear. It's our freaking LEGACY gear.

Yes. It's ridiculous. They've done it quickly and with minimal effort. Just shows their priorities... There is still good amount of headpieces waiting to fit under hoods, like Kallig's Countenance but their models didn't show up on the cartel market, so...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Curious bug when i finished creating my 3274th alt today.

Opened up my legacy panel to put my character up on the family tree and i noticed that he had the character creation armor on...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120350065 (Look to the far right side).

Interesting, isn't it? Now just put it on the damn Cartel market and be done with it.

(Directly uploaded to Steam from the game. Thus making the screenshot immune to any "PHOTOSHOPPED" accusations).

Edited by GhostDrone

Shameless bump for support for this thread.

My main complaint........*** were they thinking when they made the Assassin Columi and Rakata armor?!:eek:

I have a bad feeling though that if they add this stuff it will be into the CM through packs or cost CC to buy. Should have been in from the get-go and been available to Ops, FPs, and the such.

And btw, this is coming from a supporter of the game. Let's go BW! Fix this!

Edited by BlownSi

Curious bug when i finished creating my 3274th alt today.

Opened up my legacy panel to put my character up on the family tree and i noticed that he had the character creation armor on...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120350065 (Look to the far right side).

Interesting, isn't it? Now just put it on the damn Cartel market and be done with it.

(Directly uploaded to Steam from the game. Thus making the screenshot immune to any "PHOTOSHOPPED" accusations).

This is already known to me. If you hit alt-f4 after character creation during opening credits and restart the game, you'll see your newly created level 1 character wearing this armor on the character creation screen, too. :/ Means this is already player-wearable item, just hidden away.

This is already known to me. If you hit alt-f4 after character creation during opening credits and restart the game, you'll see your newly created level 1 character wearing this armor on the character creation screen, too. :/ Means this is already player-wearable item, just hidden away.

Disgusting.

Absolutely disgusting.

The thing is; it's more than likely the same with the other character creation armors. Look where the Warrior, Agent and Smuggler character creation armors went...

Just horrible.

The Jedi Knight armor shown in the video was what was available during beta. All the Guardian armor looked like that. After beta the armor all changed to mostly be with hoods and robes rather than actual armor. However I don't know how much of that was upgradeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the trailers almost seems to be a different game.

There seems to be a much darker more war like atmoshere with far more to do with the galactic civil war. The music really adds to the Star Wars Impression where as when you get in game it seems to have taken a step back. The impressive combat is gone and its far more about choping at unresponsive opponents, a lack of depth to the story or feel of the game and none of the options both outfit or gameplay wise that we see in the trailers. No knocking Jedi off walk ways or massive of troops on the eve of battle.

It seems BW knew what people wanted when making the trailers but then missed it in the game.

For the one that was shown that I've wanted the most.

Trooper progression video, pause at 1:33.

The green/brown camo armor shown there is nowhere to be found in the game.

The helmet shown is not available to players at all (1 of the items removed from beta), and can only be found on NPC's.

As for the armor itself, it's what I've wanted for my trooper since I 1st saw that video.

What's available to use in game, the TD-17A Colossus set. Which is white and orange, not camo.

Edited by Flying-Brian

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I made a Guardian when I saw this trailer back in JUNE of last year because I saw this and thought it was absolutely awesome. Check out the Guardian armor at 0:40 seconds. What the hell are you waiting for Bioware? This June? You're halfway there, you might as well wait a full year.

Kinda stupid. I literally got a guardian all the way to 50 and have been sitting waiting for months now. Obviously didn't level a toon just for one piece of gear, but I thought that if that's the direction the armor models were going, I'd get ahead of the curve.

Can you please explain why these armor models aren't in game, or at least what your art design process is, so we can understand why these things don't arrive in-game?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want, and only want this set for my agent (and never going to wear anything else :D)

http://images.mmosite.com/photo/2009/11/15/starwarw191920x12000153716hsW.jpg

It's in the game as you can see (no, the legacy just look "like" but not this one)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100406155640/swtor/images/c/c7/SS_20091113_ImperialAgent02_full.jpg

I can confidently say there's only 3 green item that uses the same pants model, and no moddable version, or even an artifact :( Not even in PTS.

Please add this set, this is the most iconic for agents!

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I made a Guardian when I saw this trailer back in JUNE of last year because I saw this and thought it was absolutely awesome. Check out the Guardian armor at 0:40 seconds. What the hell are you waiting for Bioware? This June? You're halfway there, you might as well wait a full year.

Kinda stupid. I literally got a guardian all the way to 50 and have been sitting waiting for months now. Obviously didn't level a toon just for one piece of gear, but I thought that if that's the direction the armor models were going, I'd get ahead of the curve.

Can you please explain why these armor models aren't in game, or at least what your art design process is, so we can understand why these things don't arrive in-game?

The armor there is coming recoloured in 2.0... And guess what: it has a hood up. Lame! The trailer you're showing there is about Makeb so it's not in the game yet for obvious reasons. And according to what's on pts - it won't be in the game in it's advertised form. What a surprise!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• 2 weeks later...

I am late to this party as I un-subbed for almost a year. Simple and really fundamental thing in a MMO... Character customization.

I mean I can pick my race, hair, even eye color. Why can I not dress even remotely like I choose? I mean for the love of all things sacred why do all Jedi outfits seemed designed from used potato sacks?

I personally want to dress like a hooded Malgus, but options, lots of options, with colors and hood up and hood down would be welcomed.

Thanks for the thread and let's hope.

That is a really nice idea. Wouldn't mind that. However they'd have to add a good lot of low quality items because the ones available are nothing like those shown in advertisements. It would be amazing to "reinforce" the Aspiring Knight's green set you get on Tython imo.

This one is craftiable and can be an orange/moded I have it on my Jedi, got it off the GTN. Its only level 15 and med armor but with mods it has servered her well.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, more armors are always a good thing in my book. The stuff that I desire most adm. would be some more black armors with cloacks, prefferable adaptable, so that I can actually make a descent rep version of my main rp character.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sweet Cartel Coin item: Armor reinforcement. Consumable.

Reinforces a green, blue, or purple quality armor piece allowing the insertion of the appropriate mods for the item.

Would love this idea to be implemented.