OMG, the Pre-Vizsla vs Darth Maul duel was EPIC!!!

Odyseus

****SPOILER ALERT***However I was saddened to see such a great villain die (Vizsla). I mean him and Cad Bane are the baddest non force users in the galaxy...period! So it's going to be interesting as to who they'll promote to fill that character void. This is one thing the movies have failed to do, to show just how fearsome and skilled the elite Bounty Hunters really are.

It's the death of Pre, sure; but it's also the rise of Bo-Katan. I can't wait to see what they do with her.

As a side note: in typical fashion, the only way a force user can beat a Mandalorian is when the jetpack malfunctions. Must be nice to have Deus ex Machina (or more appropriately Deus destruit machina) give every fight to the force user.

Agreed. I hope to see another confrontation.

Same, but I think the duel between Darth Sidius, Darth Maul and Savage Opress is going to be the best we've seen yet. Although I do think we will have another Kenobi vs Maul duel, just the two of them.

Unfortunantly we already know how that's going to turn out thanks to the spoiler of the book Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy someone posted.

Yeah, I'm sure someone is going to have an unsavory demise. One thing about Star Wars is that great villains always bite it.

Unfortunantly we already know how that's going to turn out thanks to the spoiler of the book Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy someone posted.

Yeh but thanks to that book we all KNEW that maul was going to survive the duel, and frm mandalorian tradition we all knew one of them was going to die....

Besides, what you guys are forgetting is that As of now, TCW canon is second only to the films. If Disney think they can make more money off the mail franchise, or think he would boost ratings down the line, they wold happily go against the book.

Besides, adi galia died in that book a different way to how she died in TCW canon if I remember right, what's another changed death to Disney if it creates a better story?

I actually really liked the Youngling arc. The Droid arc on the other hand...

Agreed the youngling one was at least lore interesting and focused on ashoka of the others, and now adays thats never a bad thing. To bad the best character ever Hondo didnt get her into slave gear >.>, "ive got your back" "o i feel so safe"

Edited by WillHolmes

Agreed, but I also noted that the weapons used by the Black Sun bore a striking resemblance to another firearm from Disney's past. Now, I know this show was done a year ago and final production completed months before it was aired, so you can't say that there is some connection since the show was done several months before the sale of Lucasfilm. But the blasters wielded by them and the ones wielded by the cast in "The Black Hole" bear a striking similarity. The droids in the film are first seen with them and here is an close up of the weapon.

I'm sure that the guns in the episode are based on the Abyssin Black Sun Thug image that I used for the Black Sun example. (Sorry. I can't find a captured image from the episode yet.) That image is from the Star Wars Miniatures collection which was produced long before the show.

So it's nice to see an homage to Disney's failed attempt at getting part of the Sci Fi market share from Star Wars.

I love the Darksaber visuals! I was a bit disappointed that Maul was not able to Force Choke or Force Push Pre while the latter was airborne. As we've seen in the Deceived trailer, Darth Malgus easily Force Pushes Ven Zallow ( a Jedi master). Granted, Master Zallow was more dodging a saber throw, but still...

• 1 year later...
Vizsla should have won that fight anyway and here's why: Pre Vizsla went toe to toe with Kenobi the best swordsmen of his time who as a youth bested Darth Maul at his prime well before Kenobi became the power house he is and when Maul faced Pre he was using a single bladed lightsaber not his weapon of choice and in fact he had spent his whole life training with a double bladed lightsaber, beyond that how much of his skill and power could he possibly maintain after his maiming and breakdown, and to wrap it up Vizsla used all of his equipment against Maul as apposed to his battle with Kenobi where it was blade to blade for the first half of the duel.

Vizsla should have won that fight anyway and here's why: Pre Vizsla went toe to toe with Kenobi the best swordsmen of his time who as a youth bested Darth Maul at his prime well before Kenobi became the power house he is and when Maul faced Pre he was using a single bladed lightsaber not his weapon of choice and in fact he had spent his whole life training with a double bladed lightsaber, beyond that how much of his skill and power could he possibly maintain after his maiming and breakdown, and to wrap it up Vizsla used all of his equipment against Maul as apposed to his battle with Kenobi where it was blade to blade for the first half of the duel.

1. Vizsla didn't go toe to toe with Obi-Wan at all.

2. Obi-Wan didn't best Maul at all, Maul beat both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan only won due to circumstances that favored him.

3. Maul has beaten/stalemated with Obi-Wan throughout TCW.

Also no Vizsla shouldn't have won, in fact really if anything. Maul held back whereas Vizsla used everything he had against Maul and still lost, while the latter just used his martial/saber prowess. Even there during the saber portion of their fight, Maul should have mopped the floor with Vizsla in that instance too considering what we know of Maul's training.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

1. Vizsla didn't go toe to toe with Obi-Wan at all.

2. Obi-Wan didn't best Maul at all, Maul beat both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan only won due to circumstances that favored him.

3. Maul has beaten/stalemated with Obi-Wan throughout TCW.

Also no Vizsla shouldn't have won, in fact really if anything. Maul held back whereas Vizsla used everything he had against Maul and still lost, while the latter just used his martial/saber prowess. Even there during the saber portion of their fight, Maul should have mopped the floor with Vizsla in that instance too considering what we know of Maul's training.

Addition: Obi-Wan wasn't the best Swordsman of his time.

Maul was originally trained with a single-bladed lightsaber but changed to the double blade through his own volition, and altogether he has far more lightsaber experience than Pre Viszla could ever hope for.

Then we take into account the fact that Maul has the Force to make him faster and stronger. Maul may have been out of action for a while but those muscle memories imprinted on his brain through constant practice clearly remain.

Pre Vizsla really didn't stand a chance against the living weapon Maul had trained himself to be. But we can pretend.