Galactic Empire

budziolus

Let's talk about why the Empire was better than the Republic:

Republic:

1. All we have in Senate is chaos and corruption, Chancelor is only representant.

2. Forbidden slavery still existed for example on Tattoine (Republic lovers will tell that Tatooine wasn't in Republic's jurisdiction)

3. In Republic we have Jedi Order - a group of arrogant fighters, which interfere in politics and because of their Force think they were above the Senate and can decided for them (for example decision to kill legally elected and supported by majority of Senate leader for his religion, or to take army created for Republic to attack neutral in that time CIS to rescue few Jedi Knights (they didn't know a senator was there because they ordered Anakin to stay with Padme on Tatooine) - all of Jedi decisions was explained as will of the Force.

4. Jedi can steal anything they want - for example Anakin make requisition of speeder on Coruscant.

5. Most businesses was run by big corporations like Trade Federation, which have own army, have corrupt senators and do whatever they want (invasion on Naboo)

6. Republic senatotr which lost theirs influences in Senate like Organa started a terrorist group of Rebels which killed innocent people - for example workers on Death Star II

Empire:

1. Order and peace with strong leader.

2. Slavery was mainly for lower species which can't speak Basic and at least it was taxed (Also there aren't any planet beyond Empire jurisdiction)

3. We have freedom of religion - nobody anymore must believe in Force which controls everything

4. Theft are punished - for example Jawas which stole droids.

5. Empire make things easier for small business - even smuggler like Lando start to run his own legal business on Bespin and it was still profitable to him.

6. I know that many will say now about Alderaan - but it was home of terrorist for 20 years. And about Luke's aunt and uncle it was all just another Kenobi's lie, the truth is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvFjtbskZk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republic:

1. All we have in Senate is chaos and corruption, Chancelor is only representant.

2. Forbidden slavery still existed for example on Tattoine (Republic lovers will tell that Tatooine wasn't in Republic's jurisdiction)

3. In Republic we have Jedi Order - a group of arrogant fighters, which interfere in politics and because of their Force think they were above the Senate and can decided for them (for example decision to kill legally elected and supported by majority of Senate leader for his religion, or to take army created for Republic to attack neutral in that time CIS to rescue few Jedi Knights (they didn't know a senator was there because they ordered Anakin to stay with Padme on Tatooine) - all of Jedi decisions was explained as will of the Force.

4. Jedi can steal anything they want - for example Anakin make requisition of speeder on Coruscant.

5. Most businesses was run by big corporations like Trade Federation, which have own army, have corrupt senators and do whatever they want (invasion on Naboo)

6. Republic senatotr which lost theirs influences in Senate like Organa started a terrorist group of Rebels which killed innocent people - for example workers on Death Star II

Empire:

2. Slavery was mainly for lower species which can't speak Basic and at least it was taxed (Also there aren't any planet beyond Empire jurisdiction)

3. We have freedom of religion - nobody anymore must believe in Force which controls everything

5. Empire make things easier for small business - even smuggler like Lando start to run his own legal business on Bespin and it was still profitable to him.

6. I know that many will say now about Alderaan - but it was home of terrorist for 20 years. And about Luke's aunt and uncle it was all just another Kenobi's lie, the truth is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvFjtbskZk

Spaces please. But anyway, some here are wrong.

Republic:

1. While somewhat true, not all senators were corrupted.

2. Because it wasn't in their jurisdiction, it was in Hutt space they don't have any control out there.

3. They didn't think they were above the senate, they weren't even aloud to voice their opinions during meetings. The act to kill Palpatine was a justified one, he was pure evil and corrupted.

4. Not sure what your trying to say here, but we don't know what businesses the CIS actually had control over or ran.

5. They can't steal anything they want, Anakin only did that to save his master and catch the bounty hunter he didn't just steal it just to steal it. He used it for a situation that needed it.

6. Err the ones building the 2nd death star were Imperial personal, they weren't innocent people they were military and they used self replicating construction droids.

--------

Empire:

1. I can somewhat agree, but not everything was all peace and order in the galaxy.

2. Enslaving a species just because they can't speak basic, or are different is pretty stupid and not right.

3. While true, who's to say that people had freedom of religion?

4. The jawas didn't steal the droids, they found them and took them, they didn't know they were owned by anyone.

5. Um no the empire didn't even know about Lando's mining operation he kept it hidden.

6. Yes because blowing up a planet completely killing everyone, just to kill some Rebel members is better then just sending a force of imperial troopers to do it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Republic:

Empire:

Are you serious here? I suppose the mass murder of trillions of people by the Empire is justified. And the Empire did not just blow up Alderaan. The Death Star was tested on multiple peaceful planets before Alderaan. The Empire is evil, led by an evil man who does evil things.

Republic:

Reply: Technically, Empire had a Senate too. Imperial Senate, I believe it was called, Princess Leia Organa served as a Senator there.

Reply: I'm not going to say the Republic couldn't have cracked down on the government, but if they did, it would have repercussions.

Reply: Actually, the Jedi served the Senate. They carried out their orders, not the other way around. As for the attempted attack on Palpatine: He had been using the Force to manipulate the minds of the politicians to vote for him. He as a part of the opposite faction, the Jedi were well within their rights to do this. Also, they originally wanted to capture him, but Mace went ballistic and tried to kill Sidious instead.

Reply: I do believe that Jedi have the authority to commandeer a vehicle. Or it was under Senate/Temple authority, I can't recall which.

Reply: Not the Republic's fault. The Trade Federatio was in league with the CIS.

Reply: I don't think their loss of influences was the problem. Perhaps the fact the Galaxy had been conquered by a malicious dictator made them angry.

Empire:

Reply: Order and peace attained through fear and tyranny is not order and peace at all.

Reply: So the complete enslavement of species is fine because they don't speak your language? I don't think I got that memo.

Reply: I don't think everyone believed in the force during the Republic's rule either.

Reply: The Jedi and law enforcement stations did arrest criminals, but didn't execute them.

Reply: Same thing with the Republic.

6. I know that many will say now about Alderaan - but it was home of terrorist for 20 years. And about Luke's aunt and uncle it was all just another Kenobi's lie, the truth is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvFjtbskZk

Reply: I don't think youtube videos are official canon.

All comments in above quote. Edited by bionamaster

Republic:

If you mean simply unable to agree being "chaos", then yeah. Hyperbole ftw.

The Republic was having enough issues maintaining control over the planets they were able to, it takes a lot of money to govern an entire galaxy y'know.

1. Never interfered in Republic politics, if anything, the Chancellor had more pull with them than they did with the Senate. 2. The CIS in it's very existance was not a neutral force, it was a sedition-advocating group. 3. No evidence for a lack of freedom of religion, sure, the majority of the Senate may follow a religion or believe in the Force, but it does not equate to a lack of freedom of religion.

Because they like the superpolice of the Republic, they are in charge of keeping order in the Republic, especially against more dangerous criminals.

5. Most businesses was run by big corporations like Trade Federation, which have own army, have corrupt senators and do whatever they want (invasion on Naboo.)

Yes, and then the Jedi went in, exposed them and put the Trade Federation on a tight leash. I am not sure whether that's preferable to having a totalitarian state.

Except that the workers of the Death Star II were not innocent, they were soldiers and were creating a device for the sole purpose of annihilating ENTIRE PLANETS.

Except for all of the oppression, suppression, murder, crime, and totalitarianism that existed in the Empire. There was an active rebellion going on in the Empire because they were a dictatorship. No dictatorship can truly be as stable as any democracy, as there is no stable way to transfer power.

So, as long as we profit from slavery and only do it to people who cannot speak Basic, it's okay?

Except for you know, Darth Vader killing that admiral guy for calling his religion "ancient". No one in the republic were forced to believe in the Force either. And to counter your previous point about force-believing Senators, the Emperor, the total leader, was a powerful force user. If anything, the empire had less "separation of church and state" than the Republic had, so to speak.

Yes. Because we should arrest Jawas for taking droids, but let Stormtroopers run around and exploit common people and kill dissenters.

And it was easier for the Empire to strongarm Lando's business as a result.

6. I know that many will say now about Alderaan - but it was home of terrorist for 20 years. And about Luke's aunt and uncle it was all just another Kenobi's lie, the truth is here:

So, you support the annihilation of millions of people, because of a few thousand potential terrorists then?

Answers in red. And I am an Empire fan, but I do not believe that they are a better government than the Republic.

Edited by Guildrum

Er so you know Guild, Vader didn't kill Motti he let him go.

Oh. >.> I didn't see Ep IV in a while, my memory is a bit muddled. I'd say choking someone for calling their religion "ancient" is not much in the regards of freedom of religion though. Updated my own argument with a couple new points.

Edited by Guildrum

YOUNG MAN.

I'm your new NCO!

I SAID, YOUNG MAN!

Let's get ready to go!

It's called conscription!

But I'm sure that you'll find,

Many ways! To! Have! A! Good time!

It's great to be in the EEEEMMMPIIIIIIIIRE TODAY!

Seriously, though, the only thing the Empire really has over the Republic is that a totalitarian government doesn't really leave much room for discussion. So, if anything, with an Emperor who only uses the Dark Council for advise and glorified go-fers, we're more efficient than a democracy comprised of thousands of senators with their own planet's interests in mind.

Don't debate that last bit, either. They weren't elected to lead the Republic, they were elected because the people wanted to make sure the Republic didn't screw them over. In the Empire, such concerns are meant with a politely worded, "Screw you."

Well, for those who read EU, the YV wouldn't have stepped a claw into the galaxy had Palpatine still been in power. While there is much to dislike about what the Empire did and how they did it, they did maintain order and relative stability.

IMO, the biggest mistake the Emperor made was in dissolving the Imperial Senate in favor of the Tarkin Doctrine. With its dissolution went the final illusion of control by anyone but the Emperor, and then the Rellel Alliance was only strengthened by the short-sighted destruction of Alderaan.

1. About slavery of lower species in Empire: monkeys, especially chimpanzees are pretty intelligent, we can already learn them much for example pushing buttons etc., they also have feelings, they sometimes happy and sometimes sad but is this means we have to give them civil rights? People instead of that locked them in cages i zoo and pay to watch them, isn't this slavery?

2. Datamonger send link with clerks discussion about rebel terrorism problem. Like them I agree that if they kill thousands of innocent workers on Death Star II at the battle of Endor something is not right here. Also for me group of armed people hidden on some abandoned planets who strikes against legal government and then again go into hiding are terrorists.

3. Destroying Alderaan was necessary evil - the billions on planet was nothing to population of galaxy. And Empire didn't have a chance of removing Alderaan's terrorist by sending there Stormtroopers (it never works well, for example anti terrorist operations in our world)

1. About slavery of lower species in Empire: monkeys, especially chimpanzees are pretty intelligent, we can already learn them much for example pushing buttons etc., they also have feelings, they sometimes happy and sometimes sad but is this means we have to give them civil rights? People instead of that locked them in cages i zoo and pay to watch them, isn't this slavery?

2. Datamonger send link with clerks discussion about rebel terrorism problem. Like them I agree that if they kill thousands of innocent workers on Death Star II at the battle of Endor something is not right here. Also for me group of armed people hidden on some abandoned planets who strikes against legal government and then again go into hiding are terrorists.

3. Destroying Alderaan was necessary evil - the billions on planet was nothing to population of galaxy. And Empire didn't have a chance of removing Alderaan's terrorist by sending there Stormtroopers (it never works well, for example anti terrorist operations in our world)

1. The alien species are sentient and have intelligence. Just because they don't speak basic doesn't mean they're not intelligent. They're not animals which chimps are.

3. Then ends don't justify the means. You're blinded by a very odd logic that only dictators use to justify atrocities.

Republic:

Empire:

SO you live in North Korea, right?

lol Funnest argument ever! You do realize you contradicted your self, right?

These two lines Specifically:

I agree that if they kill thousands of innocent workers on Death Star II at the battle of Endor something is not right here

Destroying Alderaan was necessary evil - the billions on planet was nothing to population of galaxy.

I don't have to explain that right? (Thousands vs Billions) I mean, "oh no! there were innocent casualties". It's called war friend....

And are the Rebels really terrorist? Think about this: Who were the ones using scare tactics? (Hint: The Empire)