Emote Suggestion Thread

got 2 ideas.

First of all Russian traditional dancing

watch from 0:08 to 0:50

second and far better idea is The Thriller Dance

Watch from 8:29 to 10:38

But for it to work you need to have a Swtor twist on it.

That is for Rakghoul to be summoned and dance along side your character.

Please put enough of the dance in the emote and not just the iconic arm movements that most people remember from 09:00 to 09:12.

Points to defend second idea are as follows.

Rakghoul have the potential to use the Force, be trained by force users and a doctor (like with Kaon under seige).

not just use force techniques but weapons, strategise and so on, Thus could also be taught this dance move.

Your staff showed they can pull something like this off.

With the Party Bombs and Disco Ball emotes.

The Rakghoul will need to be roughly the same height and size as the character.

The overgrown ones like the Rakghoul Behemoth and ones from Rakghoul resurgence wont work.

To give Bioware an idea on if people will go for it.

Please say Seconded Thriller Dance emote in your post.

How about a "show off" or "weapons flash" emote where the player draws their gun(s) or light saber(s) and puts on a brief show to flaunt or brag about their skills.

/flourish is what you're looking for, unless you mean something similar, but obviously different? In which case, I'm all for it, but I'd prefer BioWare fix the issue with the drawn weapon after the emote first; it's still glitchy.

--

Some sort of /cover or /takecover emotes, where a player takes a crouching position would nice for RP purposes. I'm sure Troopers/Mercenaries, especially, are rather envious of Smugglers/Agents being able to inherently take cover.

/lightsaber, /doublesaber, /rifle, /pistol, /sniper to spawn a generic-looking weapon in a certain pose would be cool for RPers who would like to be holding/using a weapon that's impossible for their class/advanced class.

And to keep the pressure on, a /die or /laydown would be equally awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
/flourish is what you're looking for, unless you mean something similar, but obviously different? In which case, I'm all for it, but I'd prefer BioWare fix the issue with the drawn weapon after the emote first; it's still glitchy.

--

Some sort of /cover or /takecover emotes, where a player takes a crouching position would nice for RP purposes. I'm sure Troopers/Mercenaries, especially, are rather envious of Smugglers/Agents being able to inherently take cover.

/lightsaber, /doublesaber, /rifle, /pistol, /sniper to spawn a generic-looking weapon in a certain pose would be cool for RPers who would like to be holding/using a weapon that's impossible for their class/advanced class.

Okay yeah! None of my alts has "Flourish," so that's probably what I'm looking for. I'm sorry that it's glitched and I hope they fix it. Thank for correcting me.

• 2 weeks later...

/wall lean. Probably already suggested but I figure why not throw it out there again anyway.

What I propose is that if you feel awkward about us just leaning against the air if we do not position ourselves against something, then have a pole appear, or maybe a small hovering wall float down for us to lean against. Something to lean on when not near walls or such, but also something small enough to disappear if we do use the emote against a wall / crate / ship etc.

Much like the chair emotes, they can easily be integrated into most other chairs either by matching them or simply covering them completely (stools for example).

Edited by Darth-Rion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Terrible dancing. Like Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. Followed by point and laugh from onlookers. For example my character selects another character then does the terrible dancing emote. Then their character atomatically laughs at mine. Kind of like the bounty hunter social ability. And yes I'm aware that point and laugh is already in the game.

Another emote could be /lol and /lmao.

I didn't see this posted yet but when we Interviewed Alpha Company (Trooper based roleplaying Guild on Jung Ma PVP-RP Server), they wanted/needed a "Stand to Attention" emote which would make their character not move. When you are trying to RP as Troopers in formation (or many other scenario), your character fidgeting around is not very RP. Edited by bobo_fett

A /liedown and /dead and a more neutral /sit on the floor (for women, especially, since the mini skirts reveal way too much when they try sitting with /sit). It would also be nice to be able to /hug or /kiss and have it be animated, or at least use /kiss without the addition of "blows a kiss".

A wall /lean would also be cool, as someone previously mentioned and also posted a pic, and maybe just a simple /crossarms.

Do you think maybe you could FIX the existing twi'lek species ability before adding more emotes to get bugged out? I really hate trying to get the unique dance to play since most of the time it plays the loop from the /dance emote.

Yes yes yes!!!!!

Do you think maybe you could FIX the existing twi'lek species ability before adding more emotes to get bugged out? I really hate trying to get the unique dance to play since most of the time it plays the loop from the /dance emote.

Indeed. The parlor dance is a great dance! But it's very annoying when half the time the wrong animation plays. Even more so because the animation that other players are seeing is often not the one you are seeing and visa versa.