[Guide] Endgame Reverse Engineering

Goldenstar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone explain the 3 grades of Black Hole earpiece? I only see one grade available at the BH vendor. do I need to purchase the grade 1 earpiece and RE it to get the schematic for a grade 2 earpiece?

The others are Denova Storymode Kephess and HM drops. They are equally strong, just the stats are differently assigned. Sometimes MK-1 is better than MK-2 or 3 due to less Endurance for a DD etc.

can someone explain the 3 grades of Black Hole earpiece? I only see one grade available at the BH vendor. do I need to purchase the grade 1 earpiece and RE it to get the schematic for a grade 2 earpiece?

As another psoter mentioned, Mk-1 come from vendors while Mk-2 and Mk-3 come from SM/HM EC. They has the same totaly number of stat points, but are distributed differently into different stats. Sometimes the Mk-1 will be better than the Mk-2 or Mk-3 b/c it has less endurance or less surge or less accuracy. Deciding which one is best depends on your spec and how many points you already have in other stats.

this cleared up a bunch of questions i had for my end game artificer. thanks a ton! :)

Glad to hear it!

Edited by Goldenstar

Great post OP, kudos for taking the time to actually write this out as I have had many arguments on my server with people about this. Now I have a forum post to refer them to when the doubt me :-) Edited by Xionaryon

Great post OP, kudos for taking the time to actually write this out as I have had many arguments on my server with people about this. Now I have a forum post to refer them to when the doubt me :-)

Thanks! Glad it helped you out! =D

Can Black Hole Bracers/Belt be RE'd for Armormech/Synth?

Only Campaign pieces can be reverse engineered for a schematic (with the exception of implants/earpieces). Reversing a BH bracer/belt will only return materials (grade 8s I believe).

If I good understand: only 1 way how to learn for example Advanced Resolve Armoring 26 is drop it from Boss at EC HM and RE it?

It isn´t possible to put it out from Campaign Stalker's Legwraps for example and RE it?

Edited by Rejza

If I good understand: only 1 way how to learn for example Advanced Resolve Armoring 26 is drop it from Boss at EC HM and RE it?

It isn´t possible to put it out from Campaign Stalker's Legwraps for example and RE it?

Yes, only the one that drops from EC HM Boss can be RE'd. Armoring's pulled from Campaign shells are bound to a particular armor slot (head, legs, chest, etc.) so you cannot learn the schematic by reverse engineering.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread needs to be stickied or at least added to the guide directory.

Everyone please report the first post and type a message to that effect.

It sounds wacky but it's something bioware asks you to do in the guide directory sicky post.

(Reported OP for being too helpful.)

Edited by Redklaw

Hi OP,

Question here. I have a Synthweaver. I wanna RE my BH/CP gear (gloves etc.)

Does the schematic you acquire is the Artifact (purple INCLUDING mods?) or the Custom (orange) ?

Do you have any idea if that schematic is a BoP or BoE? I suspect BoP, all my exo (columi) except belts and bracers, are... :(

If the schematic is the artifact one, I'll be a rich one. Will pull off the mods and RE on Cyber and Artifice :D

Thanks!

To answer your questions, BH shells cannot be reverse engineered, campaign shells can be but all you can learn from them are orange empty shells with a pretty expensive materials cost.

Armoring that comes inside gear already cannot be learned. Mods and enhancements however can be learned. Whatever you learn will be a direct carbon copy of the item you reverse engineered (except "shell" items as stated previously).

And when you get a schematic from a successful RE it's not actually in Item form, it simply adds it to your list of craft able schematics in your crew skills window.

Edited by Redklaw

(NOTE though, that BoP schematics for level 24 & 25 item components drop from trash mobs in Hard Mode operations)

These are no 25 Schematics and 24 Schematices are BoE, i boughtt one off a player the other day and they

drop in SM OPS as well as HM, I have seen them Drop in SM OPS and lost the roll .:))))

Edited by moonshoter

Hi OP,

Question here. I have a Synthweaver. I wanna RE my BH/CP gear (gloves etc.)

Does the schematic you acquire is the Artifact (purple INCLUDING mods?) or the Custom (orange) ?

Do you have any idea if that schematic is a BoP or BoE? I suspect BoP, all my exo (columi) except belts and bracers, are... :(

If the schematic is the artifact one, I'll be a rich one. Will pull off the mods and RE on Cyber and Artifice :D

Thanks!

Belts and bracers are a single piece, no mods or armoring. Everything else (helm, chest, etc) is just the shell.

An interesting wrinkle, that I don't believe has been mentioned here yet. Apologies if it has, it's quite late here.

Level 26 Armorings crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic

This is accurate. What you can do however - at least with the 26 armourings - is socket a crafted armouring into an item, then remove it again and reverse engineer it. The game for some reason will no longer consider it a crafted item, and it will yield the same chance to learn a schematic as if it was a boss drop.

Edited by Bleeters

• 3 weeks later...

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion about this for Armormech/Synthweavers

I can confirm, that you only get grade 1 materials from reverse engineering an empty BH shell. This is because the shell gets it's level from the armoring that is in it. If you leave the BH (61) armoring in the item, it will give grade 8 materials (but of course still no schematic unless it's a campaign shell).

You CAN remove the mod and enhancement before you re it, and still get the grade 8 mats. Since you can't reverse engineer the slot specific armorings for a schematic anyway, this is actually not that bad - it's the only way to get the materials from slot specific armorings (without transferring them in legacy gear to a different char who is cybertech).

Edited by Asavrede

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heya

When i try to RE campaign armorings it says "no research available" now, i know last week it said 20% chans, and no i have not learned the schematics that im trying to RE yet.

Is this a bug? Has someone else experienced the same thing? Is campaign armorings not REable anymore? If so how am i suppose to get the 26 armorings now ? or is it too bad u havent farmed enough campaign while it was REable so now im out of luck?

Really curious about this hope some Dev can shine some light on it, i don´t dare to RE them atm.

Thx Tony//

Great guide OP you cleared up a lot of questions I had. I have one more though. I have 50 sorc (who happens to be 400 artifice) and I am just starting to get into end game crafting. My question is if I receive say an Resolve Armoring 26 from a Denova run, will I be able to put said Armoring into a legacy belt and send to my mid 20s sniper and them have the ability to RE it? I ask because my sniper is only at 200 cyber tech ATM and eventually I'll get that to 400 and I would like to use my sorc to get the Armoring while my sniper learns them. I would hate to have to gear my sniper just so I can learn the schematic.

Great guide OP you cleared up a lot of questions I had. I have one more though. I have 50 sorc (who happens to be 400 artifice) and I am just starting to get into end game crafting. My question is if I receive say an Resolve Armoring 26 from a Denova run, will I be able to put said Armoring into a legacy belt and send to my mid 20s sniper and them have the ability to RE it? I ask because my sniper is only at 200 cyber tech ATM and eventually I'll get that to 400 and I would like to use my sorc to get the Armoring while my sniper learns them. I would hate to have to gear my sniper just so I can learn the schematic.

Yes, you can - on your high level char you can put mods and armorings and such in legacy gear and send it to a low level crafting alt. The alt can then remove the mods and reverse engineer them no problem.

What you CANNOT do is put high level mods back in legacy gear on your low level character (in case you made a mistake or something), they'll have to be the appropriate level to equip the item for that. Shouldn't really be a problem if you know what you're doing.

Heya

When i try to RE campaign armorings it says "no research available" now, i know last week it said 20% chans, and no i have not learned the schematics that im trying to RE yet.

Is this a bug? Has someone else experienced the same thing? Is campaign armorings not REable anymore? If so how am i suppose to get the 26 armorings now ? or is it too bad u havent farmed enough campaign while it was REable so now im out of luck?

Really curious about this hope some Dev can shine some light on it, i don´t dare to RE them atm.

Thx Tony//

Campaign armorings are supposed to be available for purchase soon, so that might be it. Are you sure you're REing the BoE armorings that drop from Kephess and not the armorings that come inside gear? The latter can't be RE'd since they're slot-specific.