New Flashpoint: Kaon Under Siege

Looks like a mix between Left 4 Dead, Swtor, and maybe some Dead space for good measure. XD

Agreed it does have that Left 4 Dead kinda feel to it but horror is on the rise i mean look at the games that have came out the last year and a half

I like where this is going. Huge horror movie fan, and I don't feel like WoW did the Scourge justice with WOTLK.

This looks like Bioware is really dedicated to getting the proper horror setting going in an MMO for the first time.

Loved the trailer. I hope that all this new content isn't slowing down bug fixing though, if not hampering it. I guess I'll just trust Bioware for now :)

If they are like other companies than they have a crew that does bug fixing and have a seperate crew that puts together new content. The speed of this new content shouldn't slow anything down in the bug fixing department. Bug fixing just requires more time as you have to make sure you don't break something else when you fix an existing bug etc.

From what I have been hearing is that it's a Republic only instance...I hope this isn't true.

"The Tion Hegemony is in utter chaos. A mysterious outbreak of the Rakghoul plague has spread across several worlds, killing countless civilians while mutating others into Rakghouls themselves. On the planet of Kaon a small group of survivors fight against the endless waves of Rakghoul monstrosities. Now both the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire have set plans in motion to rescue the survivors of Kaon, locate the source of the virus, and forge an alliance with the Tion Hegemony."

Quoted from the update page. Both factions can participate.

"The Tion Hegemony is in utter chaos. A mysterious outbreak of the Rakghoul plague has spread across several worlds, killing countless civilians while mutating others into Rakghouls themselves. On the planet of Kaon a small group of survivors fight against the endless waves of Rakghoul monstrosities. Now both the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire have set plans in motion to rescue the survivors of Kaon, locate the source of the virus, and forge an alliance with the Tion Hegemony."

Quoted from the update page. Both factions can participate.

Yay! Thanks for letting me know.

• 11 years later...

I am completely trapped by a God-Moded Rhakgoul that has been gifted with an endless stun ability with NO cool down! He keeps me constantly stunned!  During the 1 second when the stun releases, I use my explosive pushback power to propel him and the other rhakgouls away from me, then he immediately stuns me again!  The game won't let me leave the Flashpoint or quit the game because I'm in combat, and my Dashade is not killing this scumbag, either.  I'm playing as a Sith Sorcerer, BTW.

I've tried powering off my computer, rebooting, relaunching the game, and logging back in, but it puts me right back into this fight trapped in a stun!

WHAT DO I DO?  I hate this game so much right now, they've screwed up Flashpoints to the point that I can't even solo them anymore, even though my character is way above the level for the Flashpoint! 

Edited by ReKabNad

That's the mercenaries, they have a really long stun.  Have you tried turning your companions channeled heal of and then making them attack it?  Althenatively if you see one in a mob ahead of  you then use your whirlwind on them, and avoid aoe'ing it.

Although I only solo that one as a stealth class, mainly due to those [deleted] mercs.  There are some mobs with 2 or 3 of them, and they'll end up stunning both you and your comp.

17 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

That's the mercenaries, they have a really long stun.  Have you tried turning your companions channeled heal of and then making them attack it?  Althenatively if you see one in a mob ahead of  you then use your whirlwind on them, and avoid aoe'ing it.

Although I only solo that one as a stealth class, mainly due to those [deleted] mercs.  There are some mobs with 2 or 3 of them, and they'll end up stunning both you and your comp.

Thanks for the advice, I didn't even realize I had a Whirlwind Power!  Ever since 7.0/7.1, this game does a LOUSY job of letting you know what new powers you have available after a level-up! 

So, after I posted here, I went out for a few hours to run errands.  When I came back and launched the game, the game had kicked me out of the Flashpoint and had me and my companion back on the Ziost Shadow outside the entrance to the Flashpoint.

I promptly abandoned the Flashpoints in that group and moved on to other content. 😈

4 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

When I came back and launched the game, the game had kicked me out of the Flashpoint and had me and my companion back on the Ziost Shadow outside the entrance to the Flashpoint.

If memory serves, that takes about fifteen minutes of you being disconnected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

If memory serves, that takes about fifteen minutes of you being disconnected.

Sounds about right, honestly.  The only other MMORPG I play, DC Universe Online, will kick you out of a disconnected instance after 15-20 mins.  Seems like a pretty standard practice. 

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone.