*-=-*Republic side server EVENT: Saturday Knight on STAR FORGE*-=-*

Nee-Elder

Greetings fellow STAR FORGERS,

Our REPUBLIC side guild <The Elder Alliance Militia> is hosting a server-wide EVENT this coming SATURDAY night March 7th (from 9pm to midnight, USA east coast time) and i'd like to cordially invite all of you to attend, as well as spread the word to any other players/guilds you think might enjoy this type of event....

Republic 'TEAM' guild presents:

:sy_republic:SATURDAY KNIGHT ON STAR FORGE:sy_republic:

Location: 'Neestar's JEDI ACADEMY' (Yavin-4 public stronghold)

MARCH 7, 2020

9pm to 12midnight,

(USA eastern timezone)

PvP, Scavenger Hunt, Dance/Fashion Show, Group Codex Trivia

...with PRIZES!!! (see details below) and special GUESTS (from 'VODE AN' guild)

Event details:

PvP Dueling Tournament ( 1 on 1, without companions ) :

-- 4 Class brackets: Trooper vs. Trooper , Smuggler vs. Smuggler , Consular vs. Consular, Knight vs. Knight

-- Class winner from each bracket receives 1 prize and goes into the BONUS 'round robin' super tourney

-- Overall player winner = 'Tournament CHAMPION' (with additional special prize)

-- Duelers will be confined to a circular training-area in the EAST lower section of stronghold map, near the 'lookout tower', with audience attendees staying outside that immediate perimeter

Scavenger Hunt (within the stronghold) :

--8 separate 'hunts' , all prepared & proposed by me

--Everyone who enters will get a prize....but the player who wins the most hunts gets the bonus-prize

Dance/Fashion Show (with neutral judges from our guild) :

--Characters will display their best 'outfit' AND best 'emote + dance' moves....for 12 seconds (1 player at a time)

--ALL who enter will receive a prize

--Our guild judges will then VOTE & award 'Chosen Male' and 'Chosen Female' ...for the bonus prizes

Group Codex Trivia (asked by me) :

--Contestants will form 4-person GROUP teams with friends or guildmates or whomever

--Groups will go thru 'tiers' of questions, each increasing in lore challenge (taken from in-game 'Codex' entries)

--1st player within the group team to /whisper Neestar: ______ the correct answer gets the *point*

--Every group will receive a prize....but the1st group to reach 10 *points* gets the bonus prize

Important NOTES:

*FYI: In order to travel to the event LOCATION , goto Republic side FLEET in the 'Strongholds & Crew Skills' section of main center map and find the 'YAVIN-4 stronghold terminal' . Click it and then look for my 'public listing' of NEESTAR'S JEDI ACADEMY (it might be on page 2 or page 3 , depending ) and choose 'travel' ---You can also reach it the same way if you're already on Yavin-4, at the 'coalition staging area' terminal

*Barring any unforeseen RL emergencies :eek: , I should be online on Neestar (stronghold "owner" ) at least 30 minutes prior to event start-time, so don't try looking for the 'Jedi Academy' on public Flee t listing until you see me login, cuz i don't think it displays unless/until my owner toon is actually logged in-game

*If all goes well at this event, we might try doing something like this again (quarterly or twice per year) , as well as an IMPERIAL side version too with our mirror-guild.

*Anyone from our own guild is indeed allowed to participate in all events....BUT don't worry , they won't be eligible to receive ANY of the prizes (and if 1 of our members happens to win, the prize goes to next runner-up who isn't in our guild)

...Any questions or sign-ups, feel free to post them here in this new thread or send me forum PM. And if you need to reach me during or after the event, best method is to send me in-game MAIL (cuz i probably won't have time to respond to any random whispers during )

THANKS and hope to see ya there! --- regards, Neestar :sy_title:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Thanks for sharing this information with the community. I wish the event a great success. 🙂

Have fun!

THANKS so much! Really appreciate the thread 'bump' too! :D

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes! --- /tip-hat

---

I hope for your sake the bug with guild Stronghold listings not showing up in the terminals (as reported in this thread) doesn't keep too many would-be participants away from this. (Not sure if it's really just DM, or other servers, too.)

Yeah i hear ya thanks , but luckily (as i mentioned in my wall-of-text OP lol ) this particular stronghold is "owned" by ME , not a designated 'guild official' stronghold. (Even though i fully decorated 100% for our guild to use of course , but unfortunately BioWare only allows us GM's to assign one stronghold to the guild , plus Flagship )

One thing i did just realize though is: Yavin4 strongholds only are allowed to hold 60 players MAX ... Now, who knows whether or not this event will even garner 6 players show up lol , much less 60+ ...but if for some reason we get over-the-limit of 60 , i'll have to figure something out. :eek:

Anyways, NEESTAR'S JEDI ACADEMY should always appear on the Yavin4 stronghold terminal 'public listing' whenever my main toon Neestar is online in-game yep.

Edited by Nee-Elder

Anyways, NEESTAR'S JEDI ACADEMY should always appear on the Yavin4 stronghold terminal 'public listing' whenever my main toon Neestar is online in-game yep.

Good thing, then, because even though the bug report I linked only mentions it happening on DM, I just checked the public listings on SF, and right now, as I type this, I can't see any guild SH listings on the Yavin 4 terminal.

So yeah, having it in your Personal SH should get around that problem.

And good luck with your event!

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Your Personal S/H should pop up once you are online, regardless if it's the owner. I've had people in my s/h when my main wasn't online, and i was at a different one...lol

In a different time zone, so no idea if I'll make it or not, but if I don't, I wish you all the best with it. It's always great to see people organising big events like this :)

If you run out of room in your Y4 stronghold, overflow people can come to mine under public listings with the toon name of Cynnimon. I'm in Vode An, and will be attending tonight. You can come check out my Y4 stronghold anyway if you like (fireworks launchers on the temple roof, hot tubs, dance floor and plenty of room to run around!).

, I wish you all the best with it. It's always great to see people organising big events like this

If you run out of room in your Y4 stronghold, overflow people can come to mine .

Well, unfortunately, while the event was technically a *success* , the player attendance turnout ended up being rather disappointing.

I blame myself tbh, for 2 reasons: First, even though it was unavoidable cuz of my own RL schedule, i probably shouldn't have set the date/time at such a "late" hour on Saturday nite when apparently everyone was either busy on Earth or busy in-game running "KP farm" for the umpteenth time. Second, as with most aspects of MMO gaming, my original SWG experience has spoiled me, since our events in that game used to garner at least 100-200 players easily....every single week.

Last night, maybe around 20 players showed up....and i'm pretty sure 10 of them were from our GUILD :(

I also realized how incredibly challenging & limiting SWTOR is for trying player-run events in general. Not having 'chat bubbles' , for example, not only reduced the event-like sense of "pay attention to something significant happening here" but also made it tricky to communicate sometimes quickly & clearly to ALL attendees ( i ended up using a mix of /1 genchat and /yell ) .

But anyways, lemme stop QQ'ing for a moment here to give a brief recap:

We started with the 'Scavenger Hunt' , which actually seemed to go pretty well and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. The energy & vibe was good and it looked like all 15-20 players participated in each 'hunt' . ( Xanthron = WINNER , 1st prize = Cartel Scavenger crate and Scavenger Title )

Next , we did the 'PVP 1vs1 Dueling Tournament' ---> https://i.imgur.com/xnbYV73.jpg

...which was meant to be a Class vs. Class mega-battle....but , for whatever reason, only 5 players entered the draw, so i ended up just doing a 'Round Robin' format instead. And all players were JEDI, except for 1 Trooper. (Xanthron = WINNER again , 1st prize = Cartel Eternal Command crate and Sparring Droid health-regen item)

Then came the 'Dance/Fashion Show' and that actually had 8 players enter as contestants and honestly was pretty neat watching some very very cool & creative 'routines' (emote combos, dances w/ companions or pets, outfit changes, etc. etc. ) . Toughest part was the fact that i alone had to be the "judge" and i certainly didn't want to upset anyone in a video-game, so i decided to just give EVERYONE prizes. (Even though, technically we announce that Ben Kinyobi & Receerk TIED for WINNERS, so they had a "dance off" for 30 seconds together)

We skipped the 'Trivia' portion , cuz by that point it seemed like people were tired or bored lol , so instead i started giving away a bunch more extra prizes to the remaining few attendees. And that, as they say, was that.:cool:

I'd like to THANK EVERYONE who showed up and supported the event, including those players from 'VODE AN' guild...and especially my own guildmates from our <The Elder Alliance Militia>

Edited by Nee-Elder