4 man heroics - are they too hard?

I've done [Heroic 4] missions with 4 DPS with NO healing abilities and NO CC (ex: DPS Vanguard, 2xSentinels, Guardian). They have been some of the most fun I've had in this game.

It just takes some creative thinking. ;)

You know that group with 2 strongs and 3 elites? 2 focus 1 strong, 2 focus the other strong and then all run out. Come back. Focus 1 elite and run out. Come back. Focus 1 elite and run out. Come back. Focus last elite. Done. :D

The Champion? 1 DPS runs in and aggros him and starts to run/LOS (Line of Sight) him. The others start to DPS. When aggro switches to another DPS, that DPS starts to run/LOS the champion and the one that was running/LOSing starts to DPS. Keep switching aggro/DPS roles and BAM! dead champion. :D

Every class has defensive cooldowns: use them. Every class has a stun: use them (even a 1 second stun is amazing). Don't be afraid to run away from a melee boss if he is focusing you down: while he is chasing you the others will be DPSing him down. If a boss is ranged, LOS him: while he runs to get into a position where he can attack you again the others will be DPSing him down.

If one (or more) of your team mates has a CC (even a short term one) or healing abilities (Operative/Smuggler, Sage/Sorcerer, Commando/Mercenary), even untalented, it becomes even easier.

Just be creative and you'll be amazed at just how much you can achieve with a non-ideal (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 DPS) group. People just need to think "outside the box".

Heroic 4 can be hard if you are not running with the normal group format; tank, 2 dps and a healer. If you have a 4 man group in that structure, that are geared up to their level, you can do heroics sleeping. If you do not have a tank its tough. If you do not have a healer, don't try.

I want to also add if you and your companion are well geared and so is your ally, you can do heroic 4 and FPs with 2 people.

I find the problem to be not enough difference in Character types. I agree if you do not have a healer good luck! last night i finished a heroic mission that took 2 hours (*********** ridiculous) and we started with tow Sith Assassins and one Sith Jug and a sniper. All i can say that after 20 min of getting our asses kicked a lot of us were questioning if it was worth the time spent.

I can't say I've found any of the Heroic 4's in the game tough at all or require the need of a well balanced group. I can't say I have done them all so can only comment on the ones I have, which can be challenging at times when I've ran them 2-man but never an issue when I've had a third along. Certainly never found the need to look for a specific composition for the ones I've done though.

I can't imagine any of the Heroic 4's being harder than a pre 1.3 Lost Island and that particular instance could be completed by 3 people with no recognised tank class (Mara tank in this case). Though if anyone can recommend a Heroic 4 that is tougher than a pre-nerfed Lost Island then I'd be very interested to try it out.

Suppose it all comes down to content will feel balanced differently for the individual involved. Then its a case of trying to find that perfect area where its not to hard for some but not to easy for others.

Heroic 4s aren't hard per se, but they're balanced around a team distribution that does not accurately reflect class distribution. Intending for teams to be built 2:1:1 in terms of damage, tank, and heals, and then setting playable trees up in a ratio of 5:1:1 isn't really good balance. Of course, balancing around a trinity is a problem with MMOs in general, though, it seems, and not really with Heroic 4s per se. Some Heroic 4s, for that matter, don't need quite that level of precise distribution, but the problem is, there's no way to tell. This leads to the real problem these missions have:

THEY'RE BORING

Have to sit around and wait until you get your golden balance of specs, then travel, sometimes long distances depending on current priorities, to the right spot, do the mission, and then get back to whatever you were doing. This is then combined with the fact that they're not noticeably more rewarding than other missions, and it becomes remarkably clear that unless the stars get perfectly aligned for running one, it's time more efficiently spent just doing one's own missions and moving along.

They are really only hard if someone is an idiot. I did a H4 quest on my trooper on nar shaddaa with 3 other troopers. At first it was hard because one person in the group didn't seem to understand the concept of not breaking CC, Even accused the group of being a bad group because we kept dieing alot. But once they quit, the quest was a cake walk because the remaining 3 of could just cc most of the group and take them all one at a time. The only time I've ever really problems in a 4 man group was when someone either wasn't paying attention to what they were doing or they were generally just a bad player.

• 2 weeks later...

Heroic 4's are fine.

Are some tougher than others? Of course, but that's not a bad thing.

Make sure you're properly geared, keep an eye on general chat there's usually people LFM.. it's SO easy to get people for these...usually.

Be smart, CC if you need to, and FOCUS TARGET! Can't say that enough,everyone dps'ing the same target will make the run a lot smoother.