Flashpoints too long for 99%

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No longer than instances in an average MMO.

Before Dungeon Finder and shortly after Cataclysm was released (I dunno if people are outgearing and breezing through them at this point, no longer play) dungeons and heroics in WoW took several hours to complete much of the time.

In speaking from personal experience (and this is with pugs, all hardmodes)

Black Talon - 35 minutes

Boarding Party - 40 minutes (with wipes on last boss)

Foundry - 30 minutes (don't clear to final boss because he's bugged)

False Emperor - 1 hour

Haven't done hardmodes for the others. Not sure what you were expecting? Even if they took over an hour, that's par for course for an MMO.

apparently you've never done BRD

and people say vanilla had no hard modes...

although the subs kept increasing, they increased at a much much slower rate.

till they point they didn't increase anymore, and because that cata happened...

Edited by Graburr

Lololol....my first run 6 years ago took 2 hours....it was EPIC!!!

Mine too and it was fun. However, I wouldn't want every dungeon to take that long. I don't think TOR's are too long though, in fact I would be cool if they added a few longer ones eventually.

Black Talon only need 15-20 Minutes

Yeah right.. maybe if you don't listen to any of the conversations and you have a team of high level people that know exactly what they are doing.

It took me around 2 hours the first time to do Black Talon

I can safely say that I'd prefer to spend an hour or two in one longer instance than spend the same time repeating several instances over and over... and over... again...

Given there's a limited number of instances, I'd prefer to do a different one every day as opposed to having short instances, that are all doable every day resulting in me getting nightmares after a few days of farming them all :D

I don't think TOR's are too long though, in fact I would be cool if they added a few longer ones eventually.

I like the fact that you can make it as long as you want. athiss, cademimu, taral V all have groups that can be avoided, and the use of force push etc. makes things even shorter.

which reminds me of the group that wanted to clear taral V completely .... :rak_frown:

Edited by Graburr

Yeah right.. maybe if you don't listen to any of the conversations and you have a team of high level people that know exactly what they are doing.

It took me around 2 hours the first time to do Black Talon

Of course we do not listen to conversations anymore - there are no new coversations, we already heard the conversations the first time we went in there.

The bosses in Black Talon are laughable - our healer does not need to heal in any boss fight. This FP is REALLY easy and really fast.