Still dying to Kill Target in HM TFB?!

Just doing 16m HM TFB and having quite a few unnecessary wipes due to DPS dying while going to anomalies or moving off platforms for tentacle slams (if everyone moves off the tentacle platforms quickly it seems to not happen as often). It's just frustrating when killing a boss that should take 1 attempt to down ends up taking 5 or 6 because of things out of our control.

What are you saying has worked for you Dr. Gordon?

Edited by Dragonbgone

Stoic also does not jump off platforms and we have not seen these bugged deaths for awhile.

The best advice i can give is:

I) Click off the buff if you have a long travel time (keep in mind you can only do this once).

Ii) Do not jump off the platforms.

Iii) Go through the direct middle of the portals when going from platform to platform.

Iv) Time your jumps so you do not take damage mid-jump

We do believe this bug is avoidable. If any group is experiecing this bug, and they junp off platforms, i'd say thats the culprit right there.

Regardless if the bug is avoidable or not, it's silly that these one-shotting bugs persist and we (the user) have to jump through hoops to avoid it (pun aside). Remember how long it took for BW to fix the double-damaging lightning balls for Soa? What about how Soa would reset or pieces of the platform would disappear. Yeah... those were fun bugs. On long fights like TFB and Soa, having a bug hit you 7 minutes into the fight is aggravating as there's a large amount of run time back to the boss.

I can't say our guild has ever had that problem (knocking on wood), but unfixed bugs on operations that end up one-shotting people is stupid and needs to be fixed. It's deplorable that BW hasn't fixed things like that yet.

Potshotting random people from Operator IX instead of using deletion is stupid too. GG BW....

I say dying because you take damage while traveling between platforms could be seen as a mechanic, since it should be easily avoidable, and is the only time i have experienced or seen the bug outside of jumping off a platform to get back to the starting platform.

On a side it seems like all of his attacks are small frontal cones, meaning if he is attacking someone on a back platform, and you're jumping between two platforms in front of the one that being attacked you can get hit and get insta-killed.

Potshotting random people from Operator IX instead of using deletion is stupid too. GG BW....

Disinfection seems to be tied to someone running into a color circle that they shouldn't (ex. i am yellow, but i was standing on a circle as black obtuse start, and that circle ends up being blue; at the end of black obtuse someone gets hit with disinfection). Have killed him multiple times w/o seeing disinfection at all, then have seen it a few times where people have admitted to messing up the color circles. It would be great to hear some other people's thoughts on this mechanic though.

Edited by Chaqen

It's not getting hit by Slam, the boss, green shiz or whatever. It's when you go through a portal, usually upwards, and instead of landing you on the platform it lands you inside ot or below it. Either this autostucks or kills you, or you're just standing there on a ledge below the platform. Edited by Argure

yeah experienced this tonight in our raid. Had 3 wipes in a row caused by it with multiple different dpsers dying to the stuck bug transporting between platforms...they were not hit by slam, or poison, or scream or anything kill target dmg 0 deaths all around. Had to call our raid tonight because of it.