Purpe Crystal craftable ?

Grazzt

Hello !

I've been looking for Purple Crystals for my Lightsaber, and after doing a little research here on the forum boards it seems they're only high-level PvE or PvP items, and besides the fact that i have no clue how to obtain these high-level items (there are a lot of SWTOR currencies i still dont understand the first thing about :p ) i was also wondering, are they craftable maybe ?

Two of my characters have Artifice, so is it worth levelling up Artifice in hope that they'll get some Purple Crystal at some point ?

Thanx !!

Oh ok ...

So, to get those weapons, it seems you need some Columni stuff or Rakhatese or something like that, but like i said i have no clue what this is all about, is there a place somewhere where i could find a bit of explanation about all this ? ;)

Cannot be crafted yet. I leveled artifice to 400 and you can make crystals of various colors, the most rare being the magenta crystal. Schematics for this can drop in FPs and I actually had one drop in BH area in Corellia. Purple can only be obtained through weapons, but if you have an HK droid you can get one from him. The mainhand weapon he uses has a purple crystal in it. (so far 3 of mine did) I ripped the crystal from his weapon and put it in my blaster or lightsaber.

As far as where you can find more information...this is probably one of the best places. Also check out TorHead or dulfy.net.

if you have an HK droid you can get one from him. The mainhand weapon he uses has a purple crystal in it. (so far 3 of mine did) I ripped the crystal from his weapon and put it in my blaster or lightsaber.

Ah now we're getting somewhere :D

So, i guess you know what my next question is : how do i get this HK Droid ? It seemed to me that you had to be lv.50 to start the quest to get him, but maybe i'm mistaken ?

As far as where you can find more information...this is probably one of the best places. Also check out TorHead or dulfy.net.

Ok, but the thing is that i really dont know where to start ... maybe this is a bit off-topic then, but could you give me the basics of all this high-level-currency PvE gear ?? :rolleyes:

Ah now we're getting somewhere :D

So, i guess you know what my next question is : how do i get this HK Droid ? It seemed to me that you had to be lv.50 to start the quest to get him, but maybe i'm mistaken ?

Ok, but the thing is that i really dont know where to start ... maybe this is a bit off-topic then, but could you give me the basics of all this high-level-currency PvE gear ?? :rolleyes:

1. HK-51 You do have to be level 50 to start the quest and have a toon of the opposite faction to get parts needed for at least 1 part of the quest. Quest chain starts on Belsavis - Section X. There is a 2+ Heroic you need to do to start it (I solo'ed it on my Marauder and my Shadow) That gets you started and from there the biggest issue is finding the parts which can be annoying as crap since you have to scan certain areas. The last part does require another Heroic that you may need another person for.

2. Gear - Are you talking crystals or actual gear you wear in game. End game Pve crystals no matter how high provide +41 stats for Endurance, Critical, and Power I believe. Various colors.

Clothing is Tionese (which is given to you once you hit 50. Involves one mission from mission terminal in Supplies section on Fleet)

Columi which is way better than Tionese and what you need to complete at least Tier 2 HM FPs

Rakata is higher than Columi which is what you need to complete most SM Operations and HM Operations but can also be done in Columi

Black Hole - has some great pieces but are endurance heavy and great for tanks or mixing and matching to get the stats you want. For instance, on my Marauder I grabbed all the implants, ear piece, and boots and the rest is Columi or Rakata.

Campaign - Obviously better than the other gear lol

Dread Guard - Havent gotten any yet (I usually only run HM Ops)

All of the above gear is obtainable by running HM FP's or SM or HM Ops.

I'm sure someone has a better explanation since I'm at work answer questions from my agents on the floor lol

Ok, thanx a lot for all those answers :)

So, i'll wait til i'm 50 to start the HK mission then (my higher level is 43 right now, and my 5 other alts are around 25), but it seems like a lot of work to get him, right ? :rolleyes:

As for the endgame gear, if i understand correctly all those things called "Tiomese", "Columi", "Rakata", etc..., are actually currencies used to buy this high-lv stuff ? Like the different planets Commendations ?

But how do you get those currencies in the first place ?

Or did i completely missed your point ? :p

In addition to doing the quest for HK, you can RE the purple crystal that has the pvp stat on it. I'm not an expert on doing this, but I believe you need the following things:

An artificer on empire side.

Enough of the pvp currency to buy weapons that have the purple crystal in them.

Good luck.

It's not a well known way of getting the crystal at all. My guildmate learned one and made millions selling them just because there was no competition for them.

HK is probably an easier way of getting yourself a purple crystal, but the Artfice pvp way will get you crystals you can trade and probably make you rich. You probably need to be level 50 either way.