8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions

paowee

Just a couple of things, doesn't it sound a bit daft that we have 2 suggestions, 1 with 2 votes so far for arena's when they haven't actually been introduced yet? I'm sorry truely but that's just a waste of a question if either of those two gets the pvp vote. If there is a concern about the effectiveness of laze target and target aquired then we should formulate a question surrounding them without referencing Arena's (pvp row 3 of course).

Also what's the benefit of pvp row 8? Of all the questions we could possibly ask that has got to be the worst one. These are questions that BW have said they plan to go to great depths to answer properly and we're asking questions about a feature that hasn't actually been released yet and something that hasn't any tangible benefit to us in the slightest??

I don't get it, sorry if it offends anyone but I don't....it's insane.

Edited by BaineOs

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of things, doesn't it sound a bit daft that we have 2 suggestions, 1 with 2 votes so far for arena's when they haven't actually been introduced yet? I'm sorry truely but that's just a waste of a question if either of those two gets the pvp vote. If there is a concern about the effectiveness of laze target and target aquired then we should formulate a question surrounding them without referencing Arena's (pvp row 3 of course).

Also what's the benefit of pvp row 8? Of all the questions we could possibly ask that has got to be the worst one. These are questions that BW have said they plan to go to great depths to answer properly and we're asking questions about a feature that hasn't actually been released yet and something that hasn't any tangible benefit to us in the slightest??

I don't get it, sorry if it offends anyone but I don't....it's insane.

I'd address some of those points to the PvP topic, they may have a more significant response than I do.

That said, I believe the reason Arena has even been mentioned is that it is a *very* big deal for hardcore PvPers, and for the most part our class is already relatively well balanced in comparison to some of the other classes. This has led to some questions that are more about curiosity than needing an immediate response or fix.

Also on that note, Paowee is just doing his job in offering the chance for people to vote or discuss every question that has been thrown at him. It's not really his job to decide which questions we can and cannot vote for, just to offer us the chance. If we (as a community) vote for a subpar question, it's really just our fault for not encouraging the better questions.

Also on that note, Paowee is just doing his job in offering the chance for people to vote or discuss every question that has been thrown at him. It's not really his job to decide which questions we can and cannot vote for, just to offer us the chance. If we (as a community) vote for a subpar question, it's really just our fault for not encouraging the better questions.
If you don't like a question, or if the question is "insane", then it won't get many votes. It's really up to everyone to pick which questions will be thrown to the devs. That's why voting is important! If no one participates in the PVP discussion, then.. well... what the community gives is what it will get lol >_<; Edited by paowee

They....lol dude there's only 3 people who have posted there so far. I haven't got anything against Paowee, my comments have nothing to do with him. People are posting here about the pve questions fine no problem with that but then voting on pvp here as well.

I understand why people are interested in Arena's, I'm a pvp'er myself dude so I get the interest. But these are questions that are meant to be about the class. Not damn arena's, I see no relevence in those questions with what BW is aksing us to do.

If you don't like a question, or if the question is "insane", then it won't get many votes. It's really up to everyone to pick which questions will be thrown to the devs. That's why voting is important! If no one participates in the PVP discussion, then.. well... what the community gives is what it will get lol >_<;

Won't get many votes, aye that's a good one. One of the arena questions already has 2 votes. We shouldn't be asking questions about arena's when they're not even out yet. It's daft beyond belief.

My votes would be for:

PVE: 6

PVP: 8

Other: (PVE) 8 (because it affects both PVE and PVP to some extent.)

I'm trying to come up with a couple of questions for the next 3 / gunslinger question allocation will update soon

updated

They....lol dude there's only 3 people who have posted there so far. I haven't got anything against Paowee, my comments have nothing to do with him. People are posting here about the pve questions fine no problem with that but then voting on pvp here as well.

I have encouraged all the snipers and gunslingers in my two guilds to come here and contribute to the discussion and vote, and I hope they will. Unfortunately, the lack of any extremely pressing issues with the class (in my opinion) combined with the fact that we've often been on the lower end of the most played classes means that there doesn't seem to be much interest (which isn't entirely limited to just this AC, either).

PVE: 8 (Silly we have to mix/match to get BIS Set Bonus)

PVP: 4 (Agree - Dot's seem kinda slow motion compared to other tree)

Third off the wall question: Can we trim down the NUMBER of items we can activate and move more to PASSIVE activation? I mean a single tool bar is only 12 slots.

Edited by dscount

Here are my votes:

PvE: Row 5

PvP: Row 6

Other: PvP - Row 3

I like NoTomorrow's PvP question a lot more than the one I suggested. :D

Could I also suggest that PvE - Row 6 votes just go towards PvP - Row 3, or something similar? They are asking about the same thing except PvP - Row 3 asks about both offensive CDs rather than just Laze Target.

That's the question in our minds. Is Engineering in an ok place right now? In paper, a few hundred DPS above the other specs on large bosses, and a few hundred DPS below the other specs on small bosses.

If say, you want Engineering to be close to the other specs across the board, then that means shifting a big bulk of its DPS from Scatter Bombs ( rolling ) to other abilities in the conventional single target rotation. That could mean nerfing Scatter Bombs and buffing abilities like SoS or EP or PP.

Imo: i hope Engineering/Saboteur stays the same (and that they designed the spec exactly like how we play it now). But who knows :rolleyes: It is a good question though, if anyone wants to step in and formulate one (not sure i think it is in the spreadsheet already(?)

I don't want to derail the thread, but I'd like to provide clarity on this subject as my PvE suggestion was to alter Engineering to be more friendly in all encounters.

My intention isn't to ask for Engineering to receive buff/nerf in terms of DPS output to any ability. Like Paowee, I think Engineering is in a good place in terms of DPS and playstyle. Instead, what I'd like is that it gets some alteration to make its DPS more reliable in every fight. What I don't like about Engineering is that it's crippled in certain encounters. Not because of small targets preventing Scatter Bombing, but heavy movement and target swapping. For example, Dread Master Styrak prevents Engineering from being effective due to the moderate amount of movement on targets (Kell Dragon and burn phase) and rapid target swapping (Chained Manifestion > Lightning > Normal).

If you'd like extra explanation on what I mean, you can read my original post in the prior thread.

Let me just put a reminder that you can still submit a question you think is a major concern for the class. I was expecting a big load as far as question submission goes and did not think people would be voting (on the few PVE questions we have) already >_<. With that said if anyone changes their minds (after some discussion in this thread, which i higly recommend!) then let me know and i can change your vote.

updated votes.

Edited by paowee

Did they intend for our roll to have such an impact on the class? With the roll we have the ability to avoid mechanics in fights(doom in DG) and in one particular spec is the key damaging move at this time. Are you guys planning on letting us keep the roll as it is or will we be seeing a nerf? If roll does get changed will anything be added to compensate for it?

Definitely should be reworded but pretty much our roll is really powerful at the moment and I would personally like to know if they plan on doing anything with it

New question is up on the spreadsheet. It's been talked about briefly as well in the PVP section by islander and escarli beginning in page 2.

Did they intend for our roll to have such an impact on the class? With the roll we have the ability to avoid mechanics in fights(doom in DG) and in one particular spec is the key damaging move at this time. Are you guys planning on letting us keep the roll as it is or will we be seeing a nerf? If roll does get changed will anything be added to compensate for it? Definitely should be reworded but pretty much our roll is really powerful at the moment and I would personally like to know if they plan on doing anything with it
Edited by paowee

Sorry for being so late, but I want to suggest a question that extends the 'Lethality-question'. It goes as follows:

How do you see the following specs compared to each other in terms of viability, strengths/weaknesses in high end content (HM, NiM Ops): MM, Engineering, Lethality, Engineering-Lethality hybrid?

Like this we would also hear about the other trees which I, personally, would like (especially since this could give us insight about their plans concerning the roll).

For PvP: row 8 of the PVP questions is very nice (would be a good question for PvE as well, for another iteration maybe)

Third question: Yeah, the question, whether the roll will be essential to avoid boss mechanics is an important one. The timing is so close.

Sorry for being so late, but I want to suggest a question that extends the 'Lethality-question'. It goes as follows:

How do you see the following specs compared to each other in terms of viability, strengths/weaknesses in high end content (HM, NiM Ops): MM, Engineering, Lethality, Engineering-Lethality hybrid? Like this we would also hear about the other trees which I, personally, would like (especially since this could give us insight about their plans concerning the roll).

3 answers hidden in one question. Is this even possible (eric? :) ). I'm down for this one if everyone is lol :) What does everybody think?

For PvP: row 8 of the PVP questions is very nice (would be a good question for PvE as well, for another iteration maybe)

Third question: Yeah, the question, whether the roll will be essential to avoid boss mechanics is an important one. The timing is so close.

So i take it your vote is PVP 8 and (3rd Q) PVE 4?

Edited by paowee

We started a few days early but here is an official message to the Class Representatives from eric.

As you compile your top 3 keep in mind that the goal is provide commentary and specifically questions to the development team which you wish have them address. Try to phrase things in the way of questions that we can answer.

Bad example: You guys are aware that we suck in PvP right?

Good example: We feel that in general our class lacks some utility and cc in comparison to other classes in Warzones. As an example (your reasoning), do you guys feel we are in a good place here? Do you also feel this is an issue?

Edited by paowee

Let me just put a reminder that you can still submit a question you think is a major concern for the class. I was expecting a big load as far as question submission goes and did not think people would be voting (on the few PVE questions we have) already >_<. With that said if anyone changes their minds (after some discussion in this thread, which i higly recommend!) then let me know and i can change your vote.

updated votes.

Ok can we talk actual "other" questions. You know issues that don't have to deal at all with PvE or PvP.

Customization Character/Companion looks are pretty important to me. We've seen adding of customizations for C2-N2 and 2VR8, but how about some love for a droid companion with currently no customization options. I of course speak of everyone favorite droid out to kill us, SCORPIO.

-More to come-

Or how about this. It's been brought up a few times but never addressed in any fashion. The tech classes in general don't feel the presence of their color crystal as much as force users, and the suggestions a few brought up for snipers was the ability to change the color of our portable cover screen based on our color crystal. Do you think it would be possible to implement something to this effect?

We've seen plenty of cartel market sabers with some nifty affects, especially the introduction of the color crystal affecting other features besides the saber color (looking at you Saber staff with a color changing center crystal. I would like to see more of this on sniper rifles (and other blasters), because power crystals aren't as visually stimulating on blasters as they are on light sabers. Would it be possible to add more Sniper Rifles with effects on them that respect the Color Crystal, be it Laser Sights, displays, etc. ?

Edited by CaptCody