Loot problems

I'm sure there are quite a few threads about this, so pardon me not looking through the threads to post.

Our guild has been running Flashpoints for a couple of months now. Pre 1.2 getting loot to drop was horrible because it was ALL consular gear. We have no main Consulars in our guild. Now that 1.2 has arrieved the "Take group comp into account" is here and we where all excited about this change. Yet, its all we see. Its becoming a major problem because its hard to gear anyone up always getting Consular light armor gear. Sure, Jorgan and Yuun look funny as heck in it. But it doesn't help guild, group, personal morale when our loot doesn't drop. To be a bit fair a lot of the final bosses have been dropping gear we need lately. (Since 1.2) Yet I'd say 75% of the time its Consular gear.

I'm sure there are many other instances where this is happening and its not just Consular gear, but its still a problem for any guild to do Flashpoints and get geared up. This is really putting a whole new term to farming.

(Guess we all should of rolled Consular classes for our mains.)

Bioware you don't have to respond to this thread I just want to make this known throughout the community that its still a problem. With that said, it would be nice to hear any comments you have on this matter and when it will be fixed.

Please stay on topic with this thread. Thank you.

Edited by Astlopho

Random drops are random.

Except a specific item in the patch notes indicated that loot drops from HM and Ops would take group composition (i.e. the classes of the people present) into account when determining what drops. To me, this should mean that at least 50% of the time, you should see loot drops appropriate for the classes present.

Except a specific item in the patch notes indicated that loot drops from HM and Ops would take group composition (i.e. the classes of the people present) into account when determining what drops. To me, this should mean that at least 50% of the time, you should see loot drops appropriate for the classes present.

While that is fine, taking this horrendously small sample size and suggesting "it doesn't work" seems kinda silly to me.

We ran with 4 inquisitors the other night and got roughly 50% inq gear. I've also been in groups without a warrior and had warrior gear drop. Seems to be working to me.

Random drops are still random.

Edited by Codek

Random drops are still random.

But it's not random. If there is code that is supposed to inherently favor the makeup of the group, it no longer becomes "random".

The Oxford English Dictionary defines random as "Having no definite aim or purpose; not sent or guided in a particular direction; made, done, occurring, etc., without method or conscious choice; haphazard.". Obviously this is not the case. However, one can argue that it isn't working very well.

My guild has also been expierencing some major problems with this.

over the last two days we ran EV Reg, KP Reg and EV Hard. In that time we got about 8 Knight columi pieces, and about 9 Knight rakata pieces, with no Knights present. Our group consisted of 2 smugglers 1 consular and 5 troopers.

Amaizingly in all three runs combined we saw maybe 3 trooper columi pieces and only 1 rakata trooper piece.

If anything from this experience you would think the game is taking into account group composition so as to not reward the group with loot. obviously this is not the case, but it is yet more evidence suggesting the fix is not working as intended.

But it's not random. If there is code that is supposed to inherently favor the makeup of the group, it no longer becomes "random".

The Oxford English Dictionary defines random as "Having no definite aim or purpose; not sent or guided in a particular direction; made, done, occurring, etc., without method or conscious choice; haphazard.". Obviously this is not the case. However, one can argue that it isn't working very well.

I suggest reading into statistics and probability. Unless you can define the actual probability that an individual drop will occur with a specific group composition, from out point of view it will always be random. I've already tested loot drops in HM's (ran many HM runs with a full bounty hunter comp) and I can say that there is a bit of sway in the drops. But that sway is not going to be very noticeable when it comes to situations where three or even two classes are present.

FYI, from the known issues page on the CS Forum updated today (Apr 20th):

Flashpoints and Operations

Hard Mode Flashpoint loot does not currently take group composition into account.

At least this is now acknowledged in some form (I assume they also means 'ops' as well).

Edited by Thoffs

FYI, from the known issues page on the CS Forum updated today (Apr 20th):

Hard Mode Flashpoint loot does not currently take group composition into account.

At least this is now acknowledged in some form (I assume they also means 'ops' as well).

Lets hope they add this in this coming Tuesdays (24th) game update. Otherwise I think this game will be lost on many people.

Hello everyone,

This is currently a known issue. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of loot and group composition, we will be closing this current thread. Thank You!

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: April 20th, 2012