Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

OcTwenty

More of, where in the storyline does it say "You suck with a lightsaber?" Why spec was brought up. Everyone is saying Warrior is better with the lightsaber. My Assassin would disagree :p

Doubt it, from what I remember in every inquistor story cutscene ive never seen a lightsaber battle. Its always force powers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it, from what I remember in every inquistor story cutscene ive never seen a lightsaber battle. Its always force powers

Likely due to technical limitations that comes from the Inquisitor wielding either a single saber or double saber in cutscenes. Even a Mara will only wield one of their sabers in cutscenes, but a double saber is an entirely different animal to animate for.

Also, as mentioned before, the force is the Inquisitor's greatest strength, why would they default to a lightsaber when force lightning is a glorious long-range alternative?

Edited by Acidwire

You seem to be implying that its a negative that one of the Assassin specs relies on sneak attacks despite the fact that the Inquisitor thrives on being a cunning SOB. My point is that the Inquisitor may be a force prodigy, but that does not mean that they'd be instantly torn to pieces if the Warrior got up in their face with a lightsaber.

I'm implying that toe to toe, the most lightsaber-using Sin spec can't stand against a Warrior. Speed, power, mastery of Control (as in Force discipline, not CC) - there is no contest really.

If you tank a Marauder with a non-Darkness-specced Sin without using Deflection, Low Slash, etc. then you *will* get torn to shreds almost-instantly. But if you drop on him, and use the CC you're given, you'll very likely come out on top.

That's the thing - Inquisitor wins by cunning and surprise in this case. The Warrior wins by discipline and skill.

Darkness is another matter - but high-level Darkness Sins rely on the Force more than their lightsaber for both, attack and defense.

Likely due to technical limitations that comes from the Inquisitor wielding either a single saber or double saber in cutscenes. Even a Mara will only wield one of their sabers in cutscenes, but a double saber is an entirely different animal to animate for.

Also, as mentioned before, the force is the Inquisitor's greatest strength, why would they default to a lightsaber when force lightning is a glorious long-range alternative?

because the inquisitor is a force user and was hyped up to be before the game was released.

I find it hilarious that people are using game mechanics to decide whether a Sith Warrior or Sith Assassin would be in the actual Star Wars universe, better lightsaber duellists.

Wasn't the point. Besides, there are no "classes" in the lore.

Edited by Helig

What Helig said. The point was that the Inquisitor is...an odd duck. A Warrior's AC's come down to 'how many lightsabers do you want to wield?', but regardless they're an excellent duelist.

The Inquisitor is different. They're only a skilled duelist if they choose to become an Assassin, but are still considered a force prodigy regardless. I feel like the story was written for the Inquisitor under the assumption that they were a Sorcerer.