Developer Update: Legacy Achievements

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you need to complete all the crafting skills on one character to get the "Master Craftsman" title or is it based on legacy characters as well. Meaning, if I have various skills at 450 across multiple characters that add up to the total amount of skills in the game.

So you dance with 1000 different womp rats taking probably the best part of a day so as to get what? A Legacy title of Womp Rat Dancer and some Prestige points and if you are lucky really really lucky maybe 20 cartel coins. Which would leave only 70 more such Achievements could purchase one outfit (though I doubt there are 70 achievement rewards to get cartel coins)?

The reward seems to be very weak in comparison to this feature and the time it has no doubt taken to implement and the time you hope people will devote to gaining these achievements rather than asking for housing or more end game or guild capital ships. Lets face it after legacy level 50 title of living legend the rest are going to seem a little weak, the cartel coins don't amount to much. Where is the unique armours or weapons or companions or quests based on my achievements. Getting 40 companions to max reputation and all you have to show for it is some title like Sycophant for my legacy where I already have Hyperspace legend or whatever. Does that sound like a reward that inspires people to invest the time to complete these achievements. And as for prestige points I'm not sure trawling round a planet looking for womp rats to dry hump will win much acclaim from fellow gamers.

This looks like a lot of fun, I enjoy achievement systems, they give a little more to do. It seems though some people can't be pleased with anything though. Either way I am very excited and looking forward to earning some achievements :)

I like where the game has been going but let's face it when it come to crafting a lot of it needs more detail. Crafting needs more detail and more perks for crafting so crafters can make and sale items as part of the GTN. Make worth the time and money for crafters - its all cookie cutter crafters

So do you need to complete all the crafting skills on one character to get the "Master Craftsman" title or is it based on legacy characters as well. Meaning, if I have various skills at 450 across multiple characters that add up to the total amount of skills in the game.

Hey Renata_Roselli,

All Achievements, including the Master Craftsman, is tracked across your Legacy. So you do not need to complete all crafting skills on one character.

Hope that helps!

Repost:

Surely the new achievement system wasn't originally designed to offer only titles as rewards? I get a feeling every single one of the cartel market items we see currently were originally conceived as rewards for the achievement system.

I hope sometime in the future—whenever Bioware gets around to designing all new, exclusive to the cartel market, items—that they use the achievement system as a kind of cartel market dump.

Does anyone know if people will be able to not see the achievements people get in the chat when in a guild. This just seems incredibly annoying to me when you're chatting in your guild chat and such links just keep popping up. Other than that, seems like fun, as long as people won't judge others according to their achievements, otherwise I rather see it go than stay.

• Dev Post

All achievements are legacy based---all of your characters contribute to all of your achievements. So, you could max out 2 crew skills on your main, 2 on an alt, etc., and it would all contribute to the one Master Craftsman achievement for your legacy. (The title reward would then be available to all characters as well) This is true for all types of achievements.

And yet another repost:

I'm convinced 99% of the items we've seen added to the Cartel Market so far were originally conceived as rewards for the upcoming achievement system.

I'm sure since then the new development team has spent a good portion of its time conceiving future Cartel Market items that they themselves built from the ground up. So here's my idea. Release those as EXCLUSIVE Cartel Market items—the kind of stuff which can ONLY be bought with Cartel Coins, or through the GTM—but reintegrate the old ones onto the achievement system, the way they were originally intended. But here's the catch: they would only unlock for subscribers. Freepers would have to be content with titles and the odd cartel coins pack (which, apparently, is what's in store for all of us across the board at the moment).

I believe this would gain an incredible amount of good will from the existing subscriber base, while at the same time functioning as one of the strongest incentives for freepers to shell out the monthly subscription fee. This must be carefully done, though. You'll want to make sure everyone knows this is a one time deal only, and that the vast majority of future cartel market items will only be made available through the store. Otherwise, people might take such a benevolent gesture as an indication that they can just sit back and wait for these items to be made available for free, and subsequently hold off on spending a dime.

The key is in the communication, I think.

The achievement system rewards would look something like this:

Red Glowing Eyes: awarded for reaching Dark Side Alignment Level III

Yellow Glowing Eyes: awarded for reaching Light Side Alignment Level III

Imperial Throne: Awarded for finishing class quest with Sith Inquisitor

Republic Meditation Pod: Awarded for finishing class quest with Jedi Consular

Cartel Recreational Skiff: Awarded for Completing 16-man Hard Mode of Karagga's Palace

Cartel Luxury Skiff: Awarded for Completing 16-man Nightmare Mode of Karagga's Palce

Ubrikki Crimson Skull: Awarded for Completing all story-missions with the Bounty Hunter on Hutta

You get the idea, right? 

Edited by Machine-Elf

One issue I noticed on PTS was when a title unlocked such as 'Living Legend' for legacy 50 the title only unlocked on the first character I logged in on. When 2.0 goes live with this be made so all characters in the legacy get the title applied or was it working as intended on Test.

I have a question regarding cartel coin rewards: I have toons on more than one server so it's possible that I have unlocked one or more of the cartel rewards in more than one legacy. Will I recieve cartel coins for every legacy? I mean, legacies are server bound but the cartel system isnt.

I had gotten a chance to play around with the achievements a little bit on the PTS and from what I can tell, it seems pretty good. But I am wondering something. Will the achievements eventually include events such as the relics of the gree events? because I think that would make events much more interesting.