Emote Suggestion Thread

/Whirlygig, you spin aroud pointlessly like a five year does.

/Forcechoak, you force choak your companion, doing no damage obviously, this is just cosmetic.

/Cloakpose, those with cloaks on outfits do a phantom of the opera style pose with the cloak over the arm just in front of their face.

/Spoononnose, balances a spoon on their nose.

Edited by AlexDougherty

• 3 weeks later...

/<saber form> goes through various animations as practice for saber forms

/<target practice> use a weapon to shoot a stationary target at a distance, good for blaster users.

a /juggle would be nice, say 4 or 5 items

/levitate or other force type action where you use the force to manipulate small objects (think lukes jedi training)

/handstand where you perform various handstands/cartwheels

First off, I'd just like to second the suggestion that more of the existing emotes need animations (such as /sleep), and that it would be nice to be able to buy more emotes directly from the CM instead of having to rely on packs for all of them.

As for new emotes, the one I'd personally like to see the most would be

/pat

I could look similar to /bonk I guess but with an open palm. I need it to lovingly patronise my guildies! :D

I agree with the previous poster. It would be nice to be able to buy emotes directly from the Cartel Market and there is so much unused animation in this game that should be easily convertible into new emotes for players.

Out of the top of my head:

/atattention (Character standing at attention, fairly certain I saw soldier NPCs with that animation)

/atease (Character standing at ease, hands clasped behind their back. Same as above, fairly certain I’ve seen it)

/meditate (Pretty much what it says on the tin)

/foldarms

Maybe some additional forms of /kneel (there’s definitely an animation where the character kneels as if in reverence)

/captured (Character on their knees, hands behind their head)

Love the chair emotes, but it would be great to add a couple of different bar stool emotes that fit a little closer to the table and raise the seating a little higher than the current chair emotes.

Also would be great to have a /layback emote for relaxing by lying on your back, and a /prone emote for lying down on your stomach. Even better would be if you could draw or holster your weapon while lying prone.

Also for RP purposes, it would be great to have a few weapon emotes. These would allow people to RP using different types of weapons outside their class. For example, my trooper is a better duelist than a markman in-character. I RP him as wielding a vibrosword. You could have a command like /melee1 or /melee2 and it would replace the animation of the character's equipped weapon with something like a vibrosword or techblade or stun-baton or even a basic lightsaber. You could do the same thing for blaster like /gun1 or /gun2 and so on for different ranged weapons. Then you could have an emote like /attack that would cause your character to fire or swing their weapon at their target without causing any damage or triggering combat. If there is no target, they just swing at air or shoot in the general direction they are facing. You could also do this for things like /forcelightning which would trigger a force lightning animation. If the player is using a weapon emote like I described above, it would fire or swing the emote weapon. An emote weapon would of course be purely visual. Triggering actual combat would automatically remove the emote weapon animation and the equipped weapon would be restored.

Another important thing would be to make sure there is no accompanying emote text, so as to minimize chat clutter. Most of this can theoretically be done by recycling existing weapon models and animations already in the game.

Now of course, you are going to have a few trolls running around and just shooting everything in sight. This is inevitable. And IMO the benefit to RPs would be far worth it. We're used to trolls randomly dancing and spamming AOEs in the middle of our RP anyway and we just ignore them.

Battle Stances!

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5650/2u8s.png

Both of them, of course. I mean, seriously, there's almost zero effort to be put into these since they are movements already present in the game. No animator has to pull their hairs out over these.

Edited by BenKatarn

my guild is screaming for a /wetmackerel emote that slaps the targeted person with a wet smell mackerel ..... especially useful for the type of player that stands in AOE's on raids .......

PLEASE :p

also agree with all of the other suggestions, as they are not massive amounts of animation work , and many mentioned contain movements / actions already present :)

also +1 here for direct emote purchase from Cartel Market please :)

Edited by DarthSmokealot

dude they just made /style (which is Gangam style lol)

Is it CC or free to subs or what?

Also, I want /Bond. This would be the dialogue: _______informs ________ that their name is Bond, James Bond.

Would make me rofl every time I saw it. :tran_cool:

/overcaffinated: makes you jump around like a four year old who drank their parent's coffee.

Companion Emotes:

/Khemdougie: Makes Khem say "I will teach you the Dougie as it was taught at Yn and Chabosh"

/Fistbump: Same as regular /fistbump, but your companion fistbumps you as well.

PLEASE LOOP COMPANION DANCE! PLEASE!

Edited by Xakthul

I have a suggestion... and it's not yet been made, but I was very curious about it, since our characters' faces are so expressive...

Moods that logically tie into the emote. When I make my character laugh, his body is incredibly expressive... but his face never moves. It feels cumbersome to me to have to spam the emote channel with /mood cheery, /laugh, /mood calm... or whatever combination. For emotes like /taunt or /cry I can see not changing the face because there could be a range of moods there... moods the character would probably already be IN. But I'm sorry, I just don't see a character laughing without this affecting the face.

(A side note... the vocalizations also don't work for that emote, so if this is just something bugged on my side, please let me know. I have gotten most other voiced emotes to work and have noticed that my character's face moves and speaks, but even though people on the forums say /laugh is supposed to be voiced, I don't hear it.)

Edited by TrystanLaryssa
Inaccurate

/wookiee - Wookie laugh

/showoff - different class different skill Smugglers do a cool coin toss and gun spin and shoot during recovery would love that as an emote. Jedi could do some action lightsaber trick. Troopers shoot in the air. etc.

/dagger - dagger toss spins and throws several daggers why? for fun.

/pirate - puts an eye patch on and says "Ahoy matey"

These were in Pirates of The Caribbean Online which is no more so it isn't really stealing. They ended it.

I know some ladies who would like /nails where they stand one hand on hip and hold the other out and bring it back in and repeat checking their nails.

/glare - hands on hips forward stance, angry face, head shaking back and forth left to right.

/coin - coin flip repeats

/sleep - character hunches over and drops head - sleeping while standing - avoids issues with lying down. Keeping it Teen. Add on - Making a snoring sound for a few secs would be hysterical.

/bark - <character name> barks like a dog.

/meow - <character name> meows like a cat.

/howl - <character name> howls at the moon.

/polish players will take out their weapon of choice and proceed to clean/polish it, finish off with a short test.

/construct <weapon> take apart of rebuilds weapon of choice. For lightsabers would require a meditation (similar to jk reset animation) to disassemble and reassemble the hitls. Others can rebuild another weapon (blaster pistol for most).

• 3 weeks later...

I would really love to see 'stances', so our characters are not just standing in one a boring and bland way.

Something like a shoulder leanm hands on hips arms crossed over the chest, or even a nice hands behind the back military stance, for all us professional people. Almost like a channelled emote that keeps the character in that position until they move.

I hope that makes sense. It isn't an emote in a sense, but I feel like it could put a lot of life and emotion into a character.

I don't know if this has already been said but I desperately want the Meditate emote to have a n action associated with it. Maybe have the character sit down with his legs crossed or go into the position that Introspection (Jedi Knight healing trance) puts you in. It would be enormously appreciated.

/prone - An emote to put characters into the prone, sort of like an alternative to /kneel where your weapon is put away and concealed. This would probably be well liked amongst role-players.

/playdead - An emote where your character clenches his chest as though acting and then falls to the ground. Your character then continues to lay there until the player attempts to move or conduct any other action.

/rest - An emote based on the military position of Parade Rest, as seen in various cut scenes of the game, in which the character folds his/her hands behind their back and spreads their feet to shoulder width apart.

Or even just stances as suggested, something to give characters an alternative way to stand. Perhaps even something with their hands on their hips, hands in their pockets, or some of the ones suggested above. Thanks for reading!

Edited by DocMorgan

I would love to see some class specific emotes, they could be bound to class just like some gear is. Picture hovering in a zen-like meditative pose or "force-juggling" rocks or cubes as a jedi consular. Or, practicing lightsaber techniques as a jedi knight. Bounty Hunters could be scanning the galactic media for their next target kinda like the operative rest function. Or the BH could summon several tiny scout droids like Darth Maul did in SW1 then send them off. Troopers could have some military emotes like checking or cleaning gear, talking on a headset, counting ammunition. Sith warrior could have a "force choke companion" as someone mentioned elsewhere. Smugglers could "/play dejarik" or "/count credits". Sith Inquisitor could hold out his hands and shoot lightning between them in a show of dark power. They could shock their companion with torturous lightning to remind them who's boss. Etc etc