Viable Merc Hybrid spec for PvP

TyrellJonez

Welp, i think i did it. I found out what bioware meant by "support class" with a working build. Check it out:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rcMkRzfdkbZ0cZfhb0z.2

This combines the highest degree of survivability with maximum damage (that i can push out).

Using combustible gas cylinder, Incindiary missle, Railshot and explosive dart are my mobile attacks. Unload can either do a good amount of damage or a lure for people to use their interupts on instead of my heals. Death from above, Fusion missle (typically instant cast) and cybertech Firestorm grenade are AoE damage and do quite a bit.

Rapids shots+Kolto-shell give a decent heal. Pop Power-surge for an instant heal+proactive medicine+10% to armor. Kolto-missle as often as needed to help allies with heals and a slow as well as boost all your other heals. It gives you a nice layer of defense that can mean the difference between capping a node and just getting squashed. Since you dotting people with fire, the cybertech cryo-grenade is recommended since it slows 5 targets for 12 seconds and can buy u time to heal up or save an ally.

This build will build up heat fast if you try to DPS and heal at the same time, so i took everything i could to reduce heat costs. So far Heat has been manageable, but in a long drawn out fight its best to heal more than dps because of Critical Efficiency. All of your defensive abilities need to be put to saving your own butt because people won't know what you are, but they will want you dead because you hit hard, but keep healing other people.

This is a support build. It works in that function. I average around 200k Damage a match and around 180k healing. I get guarded for my heals which increases my survivabiity even more and my damage is good enough that when people are topped off the AoEs can burn down groups fast. Since we all have free respecs and you can get cartel coins to do it in the field, give it a chance and see if you like it. I welcome all positive criticism. =)

Two questions.

First, you're using Power Surge on both Fusion Missile and Healing Scan. Which do you normally prioritize, given the cooldown?

Second - what set bonus would you recommend using with this spec?

I prioritize in the given situation but typically i lean on saving it for Healing scan because at some point, your gunna get the bullseye for healing people and it will seriously keep u alive a long time. Long enough for escape or for your teamates to shake them off you. Fusion missle power surge is really if we're dominating dps-wise and there is another healer to catch people.

I have full eliminator gear WH but if i think i wanna see what some of the healer set can offer in terms of stats. Best though would be full elminator set bonus. Always critting railshots are nice.

a good pyro merc that knows what hes doing can pull 300k easy in any match, can still get 2.5 and 5k healing crits and can still get that rare 5k+ rail shot on the unsuspecting noob

why people insist on playing arsenal in pvp and get interupted every 2 seconds is beyond me...

pyro should never be standing still and only standing still for unloads cast

Oh of course i know a Pyro or bodyguard full spec beats this. As pyro i average 300k and bring down groups of players. As a Bodyguard i can keep people up far easier with a big instant heal. And there is no reason to bring a merc into a top ranked RWZ for any reason really.

This is just a for-fun build. And it does that quite nicely. keeps my allies in the fight, and i can go toe to toe with the melee classes that normally smash me as a dps spec long enough to win or call for help.

Just incase bioware fixes BHs and this becomes an actual very powerful spec to make mercs worthy for a RWZ team, you heard it here first. =)

Welp, i think i did it. I found out what bioware meant by "support class" with a working build. Check it out:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rcMkRzfdkbZ0cZfhb0z.2

This combines the highest degree of survivability with maximum damage (that i can push out).

Using combustible gas cylinder, Incindiary missle, Railshot and explosive dart are my mobile attacks. Unload can either do a good amount of damage or a lure for people to use their interupts on instead of my heals. Death from above, Fusion missle (typically instant cast) and cybertech Firestorm grenade are AoE damage and do quite a bit.

Rapids shots+Kolto-shell give a decent heal. Pop Power-surge for an instant heal+proactive medicine+10% to armor. Kolto-missle as often as needed to help allies with heals and a slow as well as boost all your other heals. It gives you a nice layer of defense that can mean the difference between capping a node and just getting squashed. Since you dotting people with fire, the cybertech cryo-grenade is recommended since it slows 5 targets for 12 seconds and can buy u time to heal up or save an ally.

This build will build up heat fast if you try to DPS and heal at the same time, so i took everything i could to reduce heat costs. So far Heat has been manageable, but in a long drawn out fight its best to heal more than dps because of Critical Efficiency. All of your defensive abilities need to be put to saving your own butt because people won't know what you are, but they will want you dead because you hit hard, but keep healing other people.

This is a support build. It works in that function. I average around 200k Damage a match and around 180k healing. I get guarded for my heals which increases my survivabiity even more and my damage is good enough that when people are topped off the AoEs can burn down groups fast. Since we all have free respecs and you can get cartel coins to do it in the field, give it a chance and see if you like it. I welcome all positive criticism. =)

I'm new and just started a merc and this looks interesting. I plan on PVEing and hopefully PVP for fun down the line. How does this work leveling? Also, when leveling, what tree do you add skills points to first? It seem like since you start with a healer companion, pyro should go first, then bodyguard once you get a tank companion in the 20s.

I hear people trash hybrids all over the forums. But I noticed during flashpoints, most PUGs breakdown at some point and you need to heal yourself or someone needs to step in to fill one of those rules. i know people will reply they only run with organized groups that dominate flashpoints, but there are a good number of people who are either noobs or join other noobs/bad players, so things don't go smooth. I can see this type of build helping in these situations.