Armormech or Cybertech for my BH PT...

JLouDTK

At first I was gonna do Armormech, but now I'm debating whether or not I should do Cybertech instead. I found that making mod's to be placed into my armor or pistols could be rather useful..or would building armor as a whole be better? Do you get to make any cool looking armor for BH as Armormech or are you better off looting your armor or getting it through quests? My main reason for going with Armormech is because I'm guessing that we can make pretty cool armor sets for the BH when you get good at the craft, but if the armor you make isn't that good, I think I might as well go with Cybertech. Also, Cybertech seems like it can be more versatile then Armormech as well as more profitable since I'm guessing mods will be very useful and at high demand especially during end game. With Cybertech, I will be able to make mods for both my pistols and armor, whereas Armormech I'm stuck to only making armor for defense, not improving my offensive with my pistol. Need your guy's inputs and opinions! I appreciate it.

BTW, Underworld Trading goes well with both these crafting skills right?

Granted I haven't got that far in-game yet, but just go with whatever you like. At the end of the day, each one can benefit you and you'll be without the others, resorting you to buy/loot those items.

I've gone for Armstech myself.

Edited by elelr

So far im lvl 33 w/ cybertech at 300. Im making epic armor enhancements andmods for each level and im still in gear I got from jutta *blaster-kept up to date through commendation barrels * a head from balmorra, legs from balmorra and chest+gloves from tat and so far my gear has almost always been netter then even epics I see. I love cybertech but arms+armormech have their place. Held that I can make high quality ear pieces too. Just figured id put that out there

But if you can just keep modding early-gained armor you find visually appealing, and thereby actually make it superior to purples, blues, and greens, then I just do not see the benefit of using materials and time crafting armor or weapons. My armormech is currently lvl 130 and after reading this thread I am very much considering deleting my armormech crew-skill and starting all over with cybertech. I need some advice please... I already did the same with Underworld trading, taking slicing instead.

But if you can just keep modding early-gained armor you find visually appealing, and thereby actually make it superior to purples, blues, and greens, then I just do not see the benefit of using materials and time crafting armor or weapons. My armormech is currently lvl 130 and after reading this thread I am very much considering deleting my armormech crew-skill and starting all over with cybertech. I need some advice please... I already did the same with Underworld trading, taking slicing instead.

keep in mind that you can only mod orange items.

I think the cybertech stuff could be a serious $$ maker mid-end game if you play with the AH.

As of now both have been a toss up for me. I've gotten drops that make both less useful to me.

keep in mind that you can only mod orange items.

I think the cybertech stuff could be a serious $$ maker mid-end game if you play with the AH.

As of now both have been a toss up for me. I've gotten drops that make both less useful to me.

Not true. You can mod epic items also, but you only get 2 moddable slots instead of 3.

I was Armormech for beta but I'm Cybertech for live. Armortech was more immediately gratifying (building decent upgrades for my armor right off the bat), but Cybertech seems to be more geared for endgame with rare ship upgrades, item modifications for all that RP gear you want to play in, and also a custom-built speeder bike that I'm still farming some underworld metals for.

So my vote would be cybertech, also it seems like most bounty hunters went armsmech and armormech.

You dont tend to see a great deal of slotted gear until 30+. Personally, I've found armormech invaluable while levelling because it lets me save my commendations for weapons/shields/implants - and the server I play on has an extremely low population on the imperial side so there's literally no gear to buy from the GTN.

Cybertech is definitely more useful at endgame, where a lot of the gear allows for mods/upgrades, but I still dont think it fits a bounty hunter all that well. Aside from earpieces and upgrades, cybertech focuses on making melee weapons and droid parts - neither of which is much use to a bounty hunter, as we have no droid companions and our melee companions are probably the least used out of the lot.

I'll be taking cybertech on my imperial agent, though - can always make myself mods at endgame and send them to my bounty hunter.

I've been leveling Cybertech but thought about switching to armormech and after reading this thread I get the vibe Cybertech is the way to go. Plus im making grenades now which is sweet lol.

I have a question about Underworld Trading. I've been getting a lot of schematics for Sithweaving, do we get Cybertech schematics from UT?

You dont tend to see a great deal of slotted gear until 30+. Personally, I've found armormech invaluable while levelling because it lets me save my commendations for weapons/shields/implants - and the server I play on has an extremely low population on the imperial side so there's literally no gear to buy from the GTN.

Cybertech is definitely more useful at endgame, where a lot of the gear allows for mods/upgrades, but I still dont think it fits a bounty hunter all that well. Aside from earpieces and upgrades, cybertech focuses on making melee weapons and droid parts - neither of which is much use to a bounty hunter, as we have no droid companions and our melee companions are probably the least used out of the lot.

I'll be taking cybertech on my imperial agent, though - can always make myself mods at endgame and send them to my bounty hunter.

I've gotten tons of orange gear in my 20s...don't they even sell orange gear at the commendations vendors?

As far as I can see it (pls correct me if I´m wrong) and referring to another MMO game, I see Cybertech as JewelCrafting, and Amor as Blacksmithing (pretty obvious idd).

I myself decided to go Armor with Scavenging and UT. Most probably I´ll make another BH alt (Merc) and go Cybertech/slicing and maybe bioanalisys to sell it in the Auction House (sorry still not used to the right name of it).

And ofc I rly belive, and many others might agree with me, that Cybertech will b the money maker proffesion and maybe Biochem also.