Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on top of that "silent bug" there's the "she dissapears and cannot be summoned" bug as well.

which has you stuck on your class quest, which is just obsurd.

I am meeting that bug(?) right now, in Coruscant (mission: Race to the ruins"). Did someone find a solution to that?

Or is there a possibility to get back the droid T7?

I am meeting that bug(?) right now, in Coruscant (mission: Race to the ruins"). Did someone find a solution to that?

Or is there a possibility to get back the droid T7?

My Companion interface frame disappears sometimes. It can be cured by pressing N (crew skills) and summoning them manually.

I think I have found the bad flag. From reading the old threads and playing JK twice on the beta and now in early access I can say the following things with reasonable confidence. No points vs dark side made a difference.

Major spoilers for Kira storyline:

When you kill her 'brother' and you have a chat with her in the briefing room choosing the DS flirt option makes the flirt option in your conversation with her after tython DS. When you choose both these options she mentions wanting to kiss you but not. And afterwards you cannot pick up a quest from her.

If you choose NOT to flirt with her, i.e. avoid DS points, the second conversation yields a non-DS flirt (not LS either for obvious jedi moral reasons). This time she 'accepts' your advance rather than allude to her feelings. Then suddenly a bunch of side quests bunch up on her by the cockpit (as opposed to the briefing room). The second and third have non-DS flirts.

Another important point to make. A lot of people are asking why they can't talk to her BEFORE meeting her 'brother'. There is a very good reason for this. The first quest she gives starts by assuming you know about her past, therefore proves that you MUST complete Nar Shaddaa before you get anything from her.

Obviously there are flag errors, I doubt your choice of words is supposed to block conversation attempts with her. I can't say for sure how many bad flags there are but I can say that avoiding the choices I mentioned above will help you out! Lesson is avoid the DS flirt (even if you are darkside, its only 50 points).

Man! All I can say is thank you! I've gotten to that point 2x during beta testing and I went the same route each time so it makes sense. I'll be at this point soon to test if it works :)

My friend just confirmed that the "not choosing the dark side flirt" worked for him....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BIOWARE!

How is THAT the key??? All this time! Thats why they never said anything, it was designed that way and its stupid. A lot of people are not going to know this and will RAGE when they finally get in game

Yes, they will rage.. unfortunatly.

"WAAAH WAAAH, the game made me choose a direction and I actually got screwed by it!! WAAAH WAAH".

Then a couple of weeks pass and Bioware does indeed "fix" it and a new thread pops up, probably by the same whiner.

"WAAAH WAAAH, the game doesn't make you choose any directions to go, dark side options are only aesthetic. This game shouldn't even have been made! WAAAH WAAAH".

Go cry me a river somewhere else, if people can't do nothing but complain, and understand how smooth this "launch" has been so far, you should go back to your crib, cause you've obviously haven't been through enough of them to get the broader picture.

Yes, they will rage.. unfortunatly.

"WAAAH WAAAH, the game made me choose a direction and I actually got screwed by it!! WAAAH WAAH".

Then a couple of weeks pass and Bioware does indeed "fix" it and a new thread pops up, probably by the same whiner.

"WAAAH WAAAH, the game doesn't make you choose any directions to go, dark side options are only aesthetic. This game shouldn't even have been made! WAAAH WAAAH".

Go cry me a river somewhere else, if people can't do nothing but complain, and understand how smooth this "launch" has been so far, you should go back to your crib, cause you've obviously haven't been through enough of them to get the broader picture.

And where would you suggest he cry a river at? He has the right, as a paying customer, to cry all he wants on the forums for the game he's paying for. If that bothers you so much perhaps you shouldn't read these forums because this is where people will go to complain if they find something they don't like.

Back to the issue at hand, here's hoping today's patch fixes the issue:

Patch Notes 12/16/2011

General

Corrected a server-side issue that caused some game systems (such as Companion Missions) to behave incorrectly.

Fixed an issue that caused some pre-assigned guild name to appear as misspelled or incorrect when players log on to their designated server

And where would you suggest he cry a river at? He has the right, as a paying customer, to cry all he wants on the forums for the game he's paying for. If that bothers you so much perhaps you shouldn't read these forums because this is where people will go to complain if they find something they don't like.

Back to the issue at hand, here's hoping today's patch fixes the issue:

Patch Notes 12/16/2011

General

Corrected a server-side issue that caused some game systems (such as Companion Missions) to behave incorrectly.

Fixed an issue that caused some pre-assigned guild name to appear as misspelled or incorrect when players log on to their designated server

I'm aware that they're allowed to complain, but what I'm "annoyed" about is people who will complain about something, get it changed and then complain about the change afterwards.

Now I know I phrased myself poorly in my first post, but you've got to admit that it happens regularly on these forums.

I'm aware that they're allowed to complain, but what I'm "annoyed" about is people who will complain about something, get it changed and then complain about the change afterwards.

Now I know I phrased myself poorly in my first post, but you've got to admit that it happens regularly on these forums.

I agree with you that people will always find something to complain about. Unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast with MMOs. I've found it's better to just ignore it as best you can rather than let it irritate you because the complaining will never go away.

I agree with you that people will always find something to complain about. Unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast with MMOs. I've found it's better to just ignore it as best you can rather than let it irritate you because the complaining will never go away.

It's also incredibly funny how people are criticize this launch, as I've been to every single big mmo launch in the last 10 years, and I have never seen a smoother launch than this one. In my first 20 levels, I haven't come upon many bugs, and that is a huge contrast to the last 10 years of mmo-releases.

It's also incredibly funny how people are criticize this launch, as I've been to every single big mmo launch in the last 10 years, and I have never seen a smoother launch than this one. In my first 20 levels, I haven't come upon many bugs, and that is a huge contrast to the last 10 years of mmo-releases.

Yes this launch has so far been pretty smooth. But to get back to the original topic of this thread, the Kira romance/mission bug has been around for multiple builds in beta and hasn't been fixed as of yet.

So I understand people's frustration with this particular bug, as I feel this should've been corrected already. I can't speak for any other bugs because frankly I haven't found many others, and the ones I have (besides the Kira one) weren't game breaking in any way.

Edited by TheBigUnit

Yes this launch has so far been pretty smooth. But to get back to the original topic of this thread, the Kira romance/mission bug has been around for multiple builds in beta and hasn't been fixed as of yet.

So I understand people's frustration with this particular bug, as I feel this should've been corrected already. I can't speak for any other bugs because frankly I haven't found many others, and the ones I have (besides the Kira one) weren't game breaking in any way.

IF it truly is a bug, then it should have been fixed indeed, but I'm not going to act as if it's the end of the world on my part as I'm still having a blast in the game.

I am unsure what the problem is here. Is it you have not kissed her or is it you haven't sexed her up yet?

If you are wanting to kiss her then this is what I did so far.

I did no gifts or anything up till the quest called the Defector. This is where General Val Suthra states that a Sith Admiral is wanting to defect and you need to go to an abandoned mining asteroid. This is given after you have finished Nar Shadaah. You need to be around level 24 at this point.

You get to the asteroid and you talk about certain spoilerific type things. It is important to "back your padawan" here. You need to advance past this part. If you aren't level 24 or really good you will get owned. Level 24 gives you Force stasis which is another interrupt. It is nice to have here.

Now here is the the thing. It doesn't give you this option but after this fight you need to go to your ship and go to the intercom room that has the big table. Use the intercom. This is an important conversation with Kira. DO NOT flirt with her here since it will give you dark side points. Mention that she needs to talk to the Jedi Council about the spoilerific things on the asteroid.

Go to Tython to the Jedi Council. It is important to back your padawan here again.

Get back on the ship and go to the intercom and click it and another chat session with Kira opens up here. She thanks you for backing her and this is where you get your first flirt that is not dark side. Complete this intercom chat.

Now go back up to the bridge and there she is with a mission thing over her head. This is where things open up and you get multiple chat sessions with her. In these chat sessions you get multiple flirts where it final gives you an option of her kissing you or you kissing her. Because I am a pimp I kiss her and "the universe didn't explode" and "we will have to try more later"

The thing that might be throwing some people is no option for the "intercom session" opens up for them to see. Meaning no Mission Icon to go check out. So you must go explore your ship and just go click on the intercom on the desk.

Now if you are looking for sex, I am unsure on that since I am level 25 on Tattoine with maybe 2k affection with her currently.

What would be funny as heck is if at level 50 after you have sexed her up and you are going to the Emperor quest, she slowly walks over to the Emperor and gives him a big kiss and tells you that she played you this whole time and she likes a a man with a big lightsaber instead of your lightdagger you carry. Then if you don't choose the right path it turns you Dark Side 5 immediately and you force lightning both the Emperor and her till the are a carbon footprint on the floor. Then you slowly walk over and sit in the Emperor's throne and smile as you now take over the Empire and your eyes turn red as you feel the dark side consume you.

The thing that might be throwing some people is no option for the "intercom session" opens up for them to see. Meaning no Mission Icon to go check out. So you must go explore your ship and just go click on the intercom on the desk.

I misread this part, and now see where I made a mistake. I didn't talk to her after this because there wasn't an icon or anything. Now I pretty much have to relevel my Jedi Knight if I want to access Kira's story. This is still a bug, just not the one I originally thought it was.

Edited by TheBigUnit

The issue here and yes it is indeed a bug is choosing the Dark side flirt option. If it were intended why would it give affection points and then have absolutely no way to use those affection points right after? Just hoping it gets fixed soon, I don't want to have to reroll.

Another person in a thread discussing this issue has stated that there is an intercom conversation with Kira right after the fight on the asteroid station that for some reason doesn't show with a quest marker. Unless I read this wrong, this causes her companion missions to not show up if you proceed to the next part of the story without doing this intercom conversation.

So it looks like maybe, unless I'm mistaken, that we're pretty much screwed until further notice. I've ultimately decided to just reroll. Oddly, I'm not really mad, which must say something about how fun this game is for me.

That's not it, the guy in question stated you get dark side points for the intercom call that is important. That being the first intercom call, he says he did not select the dark side option, and he eventually gets the companion missions unlocked. I did select the dark side option and I do not have the companion missions unlocked.

The intercom thing is not able to be missed, that conversation in question is the choice between keeping or telling her secret. If the conversation were able to be missed, you would not be able to go to the council, because there is nothing to go there for. Since you could of just as likely kept her secret.

I think I have found the bad flag. From reading the old threads and playing JK twice on the beta and now in early access I can say the following things with reasonable confidence. No points vs dark side made a difference.

Major spoilers for Kira storyline:

When you kill her 'brother' and you have a chat with her in the briefing room choosing the DS flirt option makes the flirt option in your conversation with her after tython DS. When you choose both these options she mentions wanting to kiss you but not. And afterwards you cannot pick up a quest from her.

If you choose NOT to flirt with her, i.e. avoid DS points, the second conversation yields a non-DS flirt (not LS either for obvious jedi moral reasons). This time she 'accepts' your advance rather than allude to her feelings. Then suddenly a bunch of side quests bunch up on her by the cockpit (as opposed to the briefing room). The second and third have non-DS flirts.

Another important point to make. A lot of people are asking why they can't talk to her BEFORE meeting her 'brother'. There is a very good reason for this. The first quest she gives starts by assuming you know about her past, therefore proves that you MUST complete Nar Shaddaa before you get anything from her.

Obviously there are flag errors, I doubt your choice of words is supposed to block conversation attempts with her. I can't say for sure how many bad flags there are but I can say that avoiding the choices I mentioned above will help you out! Lesson is avoid the DS flirt (even if you are darkside, its only 50 points).

Yep did the dark side option and it is definitely broken as I have hit Act III now. Thanks for the info, hopefully it gets fixed at some point.

The Force is at work here. No more, no less.

I agree, maybe this isn't a bug after all. I mean if I walked up to a girl and started flirting there is no promise that later she would want to have sex with me. I like that if you go with a ds option like that it locks you out, and I hope that it was intended.

Except then that also doesn't make sense, because the companion quest isn't just about romance, you can just stay friends. So this is saying she doesn't even want to be your friend but wants to stay on your ship, and will gladly kill people for you. So if that's the case, then that's some messed up stuff.

Except then that also doesn't make sense, because the companion quest isn't just about romance, you can just stay friends. So this is saying she doesn't even want to be your friend but wants to stay on your ship, and will gladly kill people for you. So if that's the case, then that's some messed up stuff.

The one thing I can confirm if you choose the dark side option during Act I, is at the end of Act III, during the mission where you fight the Emperor. You are given a choice to go and save Kira or leave her. If you go and save her you get a romance option that ends in a kiss. This was during beta and was the first time that I kissed Kira.

Damn. Should have known something was up when it kept telling me she wanted to talk on the ship then wouldn't let me :(. I'm at 3277 Affection, if i keep moving on with the story and getting more affection with her will all her missions and chats i've missed out on pop up when it's fixed or am i out of luck?

I'm at 3277 Affection, if i keep moving on with the story and getting more affection with her will all her missions and chats i've missed out on pop up when it's fixed or am i out of luck?

You're hosed. Your options are:

A) Reroll.

B) Wait until the devs fix the issue and hope that it allows you to catch up with all of the sidequests you missed because they were locked to you.