Free Battle Droid?!?!

RacerDemon

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna take my new Battle Droid pet out on the Warzones, and watch him kick all your butts.

Because, by the reactions I've seen here about it, that's what he's capable of doing, right?

Its funny how many people can have their day ruined by a couple megabytes of game data.

Indeed. It doesn't change the fact that I've been playing since early access and I WANT THE PETS.

...Please, Bioware? Pleeeeeeeeaaaseeeee????

How exactly is this relevant to anything? I have been playing since early access as well.

OK...so far we have droids from Need for Speed World, Lord of Ultima, Command & Conquer Tibirium Alliance, and Battlefield Play4Free. All free games (http://www.ea.com/1/play-free-games), so I suggest we all create accounts there and hope we get our droids. (If not, we probably still qualified, so we can pester CS for them if we don't get them after the 1st)

They don't/can't cross promote since this is lucas arts baby, no EA's.

Not sure why you get that impression, Lucas Arts just licensed out the IP, they didn't make the game, and they didn't publish it. Additionally, the money made by the game goes to EA(check their financial reports).

Edited by Vandicus

I've just registered for all those games hoping to get the pets. As a completionist and a collector who is playing since early access, I really hope I'll be able to get them. Being screwed up simply because I don't play other EA games would be most upsetting.

Now that the weekend is over, it would be great to get a yellow response on

A. How much we have to progress in those other games in order to be eligible for the pets and receive an e-mail, and

B. Can we - who are already playing SWTOR - get those pets, or are they only for new accounts?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Dev Post
Now that the weekend is over, it would be great to get a yellow response on

A. How much we have to progress in those other games in order to be eligible for the pets and receive an e-mail, and

B. Can we - who are already playing SWTOR - get those pets, or are they only for new accounts?

Thanks in advance! :)

I have the answer to these two questions which I think is what most people are looking for (especially B)

A. In order to get the pet you will have to have received the email mentioning the pet promotion. Then you would need to create a new SWTOR account with that email address. That account will then, at a later date, receive the pet.

B. At this moment subscribers cannot get the items, no. This was intended as a cross-promotion to other EA free-2-play games. However, I can tell you that subscribers will have access to these items in the future. We are still working out both the when and the how. I will share any details as I get them.

Hope that answers your questions!

-eric

I have the answer to these two questions which I think is what most people are looking for (especially B)

A. In order to get the pet you will have to have received the email mentioning the pet promotion. Then you would need to create a new SWTOR account with that email address. That account will then, at a later date, receive the pet.

B. At this moment subscribers cannot get the items, no. This was intended as a cross-promotion to other EA free-2-play games. However, I can tell you that subscribers will have access to these items in the future. We are still working out both the when and the how. I will share any details as I get them.

-eric

Thanks for the response! It's great to know that I do not need to put those pets on my "missing pets" list for now and can focus on getting the remaining Cartel Market pets.

If you could allow subscribers to get the pets at a later date like you mentioned, that would be terrific! Looking forward to it. :rak_01:

-eric

Aw.....I went to all the trouble of signing up for every game mentioned in this topic just so I could get the pets. :(

That said, I'm glad to hear we subscribers will be getting access to them in the future! Thanks for that. :D

Edited by DarthVitrial

It's a reskin so it doesn't phase me. Even if it wasn't a reskin it wouldn't phase be beyond, "Oh, that's cool." And that'd be it.

Playing WoW and Rift I saw plenty of pets that were exclusive to special promotions. The early Blizzcon's gave you a pet and/or costume and such that you can only get if you were lucky enough to get tickets. I saw an owl in Rift that some people got for attending some event in London. I'm not flying from So Cal to Londer just for a pet.

And I didn't hate them for it. Nor was I upset at the parent companies.

This is a promotion. Kudos to you, BW.