When does the War restart

Jarren

i played through the Jedi Knight story, all quests on all planets. i'm just wondering if there was a single event i missed that showed the formal restart to the war.

i know that the whole idea is gradually increasing tensions, but act one ends with Alderran, with a war being fought by the houses with support from the empire and Republic. Act 2 starts with the republic INVADING an imperial world (balmorra). i don't remember a declaration of war from anyone, which i would think the Senate would issue before such an action.

i'm asking if there is a cut-scene or quest or codex entry that i am missing, or that such a thing be created.

There's no really offical cutscene that says "We are going to war now," but in general in all the class storylines, it's mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 2 that the war has restarted. Presumably, all the declaration business is going on in the background, since the war is more of a set piece and not a critical part of the storylines.

Spoiler-ish answer.

Not sure about Empire, but I know for JK, Trooper and Smuggler there are references to the re-ignition of the war during the transition from Act 1 to 2, with Act 3 being the war in full swing. The end of the class stories has the war reaching its climax and starting the motions towards an end to conflict (see: Ilum Storyline/Battle of Ilum/False Emperor).

I agree with the OP, I wish this was a little more clear-cut and obvious. I've taken three characters to 50 and each time I feel like I've missed something. One second we're "approaching war" and the next second we're "in the middle of a war". It was especially confusing with my first character. It was like I got up to pee in the middle of a movie and missed a plot point.

I'm not saying every little thing needs to be explained and expositioned to death, but a detail of this magnitude deserves to at least be mentioned. Maybe a new mid-level flashpoint showing the very first official conflict between the factions, with Satele/Malgus saying "It's happened, the treaty is broken and we are officially at war! Dun dun dun!"

The Agent and Sith Warrior both have clear, "THis is it, we're at war" moments, but I'm not sure about other classes as I haven't gotten those classes as far along the storyline. Precisely when the event occurs isn't entirely clear (although it's largely a formality, as Taris and Balmorra are already in flames), but if you go with the theory that the class stories are pretty much concurrent,

The Formal Declaration of War should be during the end of chapter 2, since Chapter 2 of the Sith Warrior story is basically restarting the war

i know its a cold war, i mentioned that.

Cold wars become hot when the governments stop fighting with proxy's and shady tactics and start invading and taking **** over. The republic invasion of Balmorra qualifies as a "Hot" action.

All im asking for is a cutscene of some kind, maybe when you make that random trip to the station after act 1. not gonna ruin the game for me, but would be appreciated.

***spoiler***

also, how did the green Twi'Lek admin from Taris become Supreme Chancellor?

The war is supposed to be officially back on during the transition from Chapter 2 to Chapter 3(there is a time skip between chapters). And yeah the Republic Balmorran thing....is sort of weird in terms of timing given that context. However the Quesh world arcs for both sides makes it clear that the treaty is supposed to still be standing when you arrive there as the Imperial commander is trying to goad the Republic into breaking the treaty first, so somehow the freeing of Balmorra did not break the treaty. *shrug*

Well the post became free due to the finale of the BH storyline where the BH either kills the Chancellor or leaves him to resign in disgrace over a scandal. Now how Saresh(I think that is her name) came to get the position is unknown. Presumably she had left Taris during the Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 time skip(since she isn't there in the Imperial quests), and her political career had advanced because of how she managed Taris.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

i know its a cold war, i mentioned that.

Cold wars become hot when the governments stop fighting with proxy's and shady tactics and start invading and taking **** over. The republic invasion of Balmorra qualifies as a "Hot" action.

All im asking for is a cutscene of some kind, maybe when you make that random trip to the station after act 1. not gonna ruin the game for me, but would be appreciated.

***spoiler***

In one of the Empire storylines, the character is sent to assisinate the Supreme Chancellor. If the character chooses not to kill him/her, the Chancellor resigns, thus making room for the Governor to be appointed as Supreme Chancellor. In the Trooper storlyine, you see just how "suited" to the job she is at the end.

Edit: Just wanted to add - the treaty gets pretty blown out of the water either after Balmorra (republic side) or on it - I can't remember which. But when you log in and are on chapter 3, your story will say the Treaty of Coruscant is broken.

Edited by Ashu-ri

oh, i get it. they are forcing me to play all 8 class story's to get the whole picture, when i was going to do that anyways...

still want another cool CGI cinematic for the restart of the war, but at least i know i will see it at some point