View Single Post

Quickpaw
12.12.2019 , 04:23 PM | #6
The inquisitors specifically are kneecapped by Vader and Palpatine so that they can never be powerful enough to threaten them. And so it's easier to dispose of them when they screw up or loose their utility.

As for the Jedi Order as a whole, their overall power has also been severely curtailed by their isolation and refusal to do their job. Darksiders and Lightsiders both strengthen their connection to their side of the Force by making choices and doing acts that align with said side, IE a Sith growing more powerful with every atrocity they commit and a Jedi doing the same with acts of kindness. This does make it slightly more difficult for Lightsiders since the Force can easily detect sincerity (or lack thereof), so a Jedi doing a good act for the purpose of increasing his power won't have the same effect as a Sith doing the same with evil (as doing something messed up to increase your power is a genuinely evil act by itself).

The Jedi of the Rise of the Empire era are nowhere near as powerful as Lucas would have you believe ("Jedi in his prime fighting in the prime of the Jedi), I would actually give that distinction to the Force sensitives of THIS era, ToR's Great Wars era. Both sides have been extremely tempered by the near constant warfare going on.
Honestly, when it comes down to it, I don't think I'm a very "good" Jedi. And you know what? I'm fine with that. I trust my heart more than my head, and that's not a bad thing.
My name is Shadow. And I am a Jedi.