Manaan Stronghold Bugs

FlavivsAetivs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bug(?)...removing all decorations from one room, removes them from the whole Stronghold. I just learned that the hard way, after getting four other rooms just the way I wanted them, and trying to do a quick reset on one of the observatories.

Not sure if it's been fixed yet, but after a while of being on Manaan stronghold, I tried decorating and every single decoration that's in the game in the décor tab is gone.

I cannot move any decorations that are placed in my stronghold, and the same thing is happening with my guild stronghold on Manaan, no decorations show up in the tab, nothing. *

This is all on the harbinger imperial faction.

Yup, seems the pool party has kicked off again. We're looking into it.

-eric

Still showing up on Shadowlands as well. They appear, disappear.. and always in their undies.

I've also noticed that when logging out, Manaan isn't considered a safe/rested area like other strongholds?

Not sure if it's been fixed yet, but after a while of being on Manaan stronghold, I tried decorating and every single decoration that's in the game in the décor tab is gone.

I cannot move any decorations that are placed in my stronghold, and the same thing is happening with my guild stronghold on Manaan, no decorations show up in the tab, nothing. *

Had this happen to me as well, I think it might be related to the filter. Everything disappeared for me except for the HK stuff. Quitting the game and resuming fixed it, for what it's worth.

Yup, seems the pool party has kicked off again. We're looking into it.

-eric

Maybe you should just leave it and consider it a "feature". I dress up the male companions that I include in my stronghold for decoration purposes for "pool party" attire anyway... :D

Ebon Hawk - Imperial Faction

Noted bugs:

1. Companions show up.

2. Cannot get onto roof due to invisible wall.

3. Cannot put sub on ceiling. I like having it on my Tatooine stronghold over a Jedi Fountain, but I really want see what it looks like here.

4. When logging out, I am in an "Unsafe Area"

5. Asymmetric hook layouts.

6. Cannot see my ship except from a lame angle.

7. I would like to see the trophies from FPs increased by 2 for a total of 12. As it was previously, we had enough for two per stronghold.

I like the idea to replay a SH video. It's fun to watch when fully decorated and I don't want to make a new character.

Edited by RCOneTwoSixTwo

The intro scene we see first time we visit a SH with an alt is showing every time I go to the Manaan SH. Not sure if this is meant to be like that, but compared to all other SH it looks like a bug. Someone else I know has never seen the intro at all. Edited by Lirtoo

This really isn't a bug but...

Devs, y'all gave us an Emergency Escape Submarine (Ceiling) and an Underwater Observatory.

But then you put a Generator Ceiling Light over the hatch that goes down into the ocean, instead of a hook.

So our Emergency Escape Submarine deco can't look like it lowers the sub into the water.

Dudes, that just makes me sad.

Not only that, but the walls are already decorated with ventilation fans in the main room. Anything put on top of that looks really bad.

This issue should now be resolved. If you run into it again, please let me know the server you are on and what faction you are playing.

Thanks!

-eric

Ebon Hawk, Republic side. My roommate also noticed a lot of naked companions in her Tatooine stronghold (and I get it, it's really hot, but Guss please).

A few more things:

• The stronghold isn't considered a rest zone ("unsafe area" warning when logging out, no "you have entered a rest zone" on load).
  • My main character doesn't have Blizz yet, but he wasn't consistently a holo (and was missing his nameplate) when she was running around. Not sure if this applies to other companions since Doc seemed fine.
  • A lot of hooks that seem like they should be centered (or at least consistently off-center) are not. This was particularly obvious when I was trying to place benches in the medium narrow hooks along the entryway's walls, but a lot of hook placements seemed like they had drifted 1-3 ticks over. Decorations that I am really sure were set to 20 on the X or Y axis keep drifting to 19 as well.
  • Were the Felusia Stato and master datacron display limits meant to be increased to a maximum of 6? We used to have enough for one per stronghold but the maximum is still set to 4 each.
  • As others have mentioned, the intro video plays every time, but I like it! It's nice to see my stronghold improve as I work on it and the views really are fantastic.

Overall, I really love it! Thanks for making it happen. :)

I am now having the exact same issue. Clicking on hooks won't bring up the interface half the time, and the other half it won't show any decorations available for that hook, even with all the filters set to 'All' and nothing in the search window. Decorations I put down cannot be moved or removed again short of changing the hook layout when possible; clicking on the occupied hook brings up nothing, no preview window of the deco or button to remove it.

Did ANYONE at EAWare QA this thing before it went live? It's the first stronghold in two years, you'd think that would be enough time to test it out given how tiny the usable space is...

I am also constantly seeing chorus lines of naked companions every time I log into the stronghold. Ebon Hawk server, tested on both Republic and Empire-side.

Edited by AscendingSky

1. Apparently random, often naked, NPCs showing up on Manaan confirmed on Begeran, but this has been happening throughout 5.2. Most often it's the sound of someone leaving their stronghold (or entering?), so as many have already pointed out, it's probably an instance issue.

2. It can become impossible to remove an item from a hook. There are two ways that this can happen: a.) The hook becomes unclickable or b.) The hook is clickable, but the usual interface doesn't show up that would allow you to pick up the item. In the latter case, you have to type something in the search field, clear it, and click on the hook again. This is a clumsy workaround and it doesn't always work.

3. Clearing an entire room will clear more than the room itself. Obviously, I'm not going to test the limit of this bug.

---

As an aside, my reaction to the new stronghold is mixed. It's a setting where environmental decos (mostly just plants and weird mushrooms) can work wonders. However, I don't really find the "fully decorated" = "higher conquest bonus" very inspiring. Never have. Most people just stuff their rooms full of crap to get the increased bonus and then never go back. I have all my strongholds purchased and fully decorated (including Manaan) but I never visit them (and I don't see myself going back to it). I only go to one for purely pragmatic reasons. The reason is this:

1. There is an incentive to stuff every room full of crap. You'll perhaps start with something very interesting in mind, say, something minimalist with lots of plants, but the desire to reach that 100% mark is overriding.

2. And because most of the interesting items require that you pay into the CM, or interminably eyeball the GTN, many players will regard this as yet another cash grab and it decentivizes them giving a ****.

3. The bugs are always, always a poor reflection of your company's reputation. We never, ever expect things to go smoothly. We never expect things to improve. Please raise the bar a bit.

4. The customizable stronghold could be very compelling if the conquest bonus was tied to the purchase of the rooms, not to a fully cluttered room full of NPCs, beside an unfinished bedroom crammed full of gathering containers. Let players make these things into as much of a work of art that the system will allow. Let them take their time.

Edited by MagaleyMoses

[*]A lot of hooks that seem like they should be centered (or at least consistently off-center) are not. This was particularly obvious when I was trying to place benches in the medium narrow hooks along the entryway's walls, but a lot of hook placements seemed like they had drifted 1-3 ticks over. Decorations that I am really sure were set to 20 on the X or Y axis keep drifting to 19 as well.

Overall, I really love it! Thanks for making it happen. :)

I noticed the drifting too ... but in EVERY Stronghold :confused::eek::( - didn't happen before 5.2.2

Edited by Dekibra

1. I have all my strongholds purchased and fully decorated (including Manaan) but I never visit them (and I don't see myself going back to it). I only go to one for purely pragmatic reasons.

I would love to use them. I was looking forward to this SH to have a cosy place to hang out while queuing for WZ's. It's small size is perfect because it will load fast after the WZ is finished, thus I can be quick about the next queue. But the intro scene to the Manaan SH will take away that advantage.

Currently I'm using my personal starship to hang out, which is a great "SH" too. The only sad thing about that is the dead chat. Have no idea why starships are not connected to the fleet chat. It would seem more logic than being connected to other personal starships people never really use. Also having deco hooks in your personal starship would be awesome. I totally crave a mailbox closer to my GTN.

Other people's companions are showing up in my house. Please banish these uninvited guests. Especially because most of them like to show up without clothes. This isn't the Manaan brothel. :o

"teases" Even if the companion is Quinn?

I am no unable to decorate the Manaan SH at all. Every hook now shows nothing available. 100% of the time and every time including after logging out and back in or quitting the game.

I had, and reported, the bug where only HK stuff was showing up as available. I finally was able to reset the room (which means the whole SH in this case apparently) and now not a single hook works.

Complete waste of 2.5m credits. I'd rather have the 2.5m credits back and no Manaan SH.

Naked companions were still showing up in my Manaan SH, as of midnight Central (US) time last night.

As others have noted, some of the decorating hooks (particularly wall hooks) don't seem to be properly centered for the space that they're in / don't seem to match up with the actual features on the wall.

Not a bug per se, but the big circular platform at the very front of the stronghold (adjacent to where you arrive) would seem to be big enough for a starship hook -- can that be made available there?

1. Cannot access any other room in Mannan

2. no box comes up with the option to purchase more rooms

3. Stronghold toolbar missing throughout all strongholds (yes its enabled)

4. Mannan cut scene plays over and over and never stops unless you press spacebar like a mad man

5. Cannot pick up any item that is placed in all strongholds

6. Cannot access Furniture Toolbar at all

7. Stronghold Titles (Vacation Retreat..Etc.) do not show up when in any Stronghold ( Yes its enabled)

8. No access to guild decorations either

For those who aren't seeing decorations available -- CLICK THE CLEAR BUTTON FOR THE FILTER FIELD.

No, I do not mean manually clearing the field by using Backspace or Delete. These don't work!

Yes, the field probably looks empty. It may not actually be empty. It's a bug. Click CLEAR.

It helped me and a bunch of people in chat, so it's worth a try.

I bought the SH on one server, transferred my character to another server and now it's not showing up at all. I go to the SH purchase area on the fleet, and it's not even available to "buy" it for no credits to unlock it on the other server like I had been able to do with all the other SH's.

This really isn't a bug but...

Devs, y'all gave us an Emergency Escape Submarine (Ceiling) and an Underwater Observatory.

But then you put a Generator Ceiling Light over the hatch that goes down into the ocean, instead of a hook.

So our Emergency Escape Submarine deco can't look like it lowers the sub into the water.

Dudes, that just makes me sad.

Evidently, the developers doesn't play the game like we do. How should they then know. Or care.