Quicker leveling tips.

Soljacen

I am fairly new to mmorpg's and I am looking for some tips on how to level faster. My first 50 took 7 days gametime and my 2nd took slightly less. I have heard people doing it in considerably less time and I am curious what they are doing to improve on their pace. I have enjoyed the story, Pvp and pve leveling but I would like to improve my rate of leveling. I am usually several levels below the planet I am on but skip the heroics. Any help or personal strategies would be welcome. Also anything that is a general waste of time that I should ignore is helpful. This can apply to more. Than swtor as well since I will likely play other games in the future.

When you complete Act I of your class storyline, you get access to the Legacy system where you can purchase upgrades that increase how much experience you get from completing things like warzones and space missions.

For fast leveling

Spacebar non class-quest dialog, keep your gear up to date, pick up new speeder perk for lower levels, do just enough warzones to complete the daily, space mission dailies, purchase exp. perks for class quest, exploration, and space missions, bypass quest content once you outlevel it by more then one of two levels, do easily soloable heroic 2's while skipping those that take a lot of time and effort to solo, don't do group content unless its a heroic that someone in chat already has a group for and just needs one more.

Personally I do some of these on alts (spacebar about 75% of non class quest stuff, speeder perk, do the easy heroic 2's) but find it much more enjoyable if I tailor my playstyle to what I enjoy rather then what is most efficient (i.e. doing far more then just the 1-2 warzones a day).

Aside from all the story content the PvP warzone queue will reap decent XP rewards. So will space missions of your level when they become available. Each have a daily quest to stack ontop of them. One on the fleet and one on your ship respecitvely.

Playing with a friend will pull you up quickly as long as you've both got an equal amount of time you wish to play per day/week.

If you're playing solo and XP is your only concern don't bother soloing any Heroics after your capital planet is cleared. But keep in mind that even if you're playing solo, taking out the Heroic 4s mid level (roughly about Tatooine) and above can still feel rewarding for some nice looking orange loot. Very hard if you don't have a healing companion yet. And may take some kiting. But it'll definetly chip into XP time on your own.

Always remember that no matter how tedious they can get when you're trying to do things fast, bonus quest are their to HELP you. Usually they're worth it, even if they take longer than the quest they're linked with. While this might not speed you up, it will make it easier on yourself if you can place yourself in a mindset where you can just embrace it.

If you become too far overlevelled in a story, you may want to skip all quests and series aside from your class quest until you can get to a higher level planet. Higher levels mean lesser rewards from your quests for only slightly less time. 5 or more levels above the suggested level is debatably not worth it.

More if and when I think of them.

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate everyone who took the time to give out their advice and tips on faster leveling!

For those interested, we also have a few community created guides on leveling that you may find of assistance in our New Players Help Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources:

Good luck and we hope you enjoy playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! :jawa_smile: