If the economy wasn't broke, no one would care about slicing

ballbrner

If they had to nerf slicing, they should have removed any cost involved in sending companions on missions.

And please don't hit me with the lame "Slicing was just hitting a button and getting free money" nonsense. SWTOR crafting is all just pusing a button and getting something in return.

If they had to nerf slicing, they should have removed any cost involved in sending companions on missions.

And please don't hit me with the lame "Slicing was just hitting a button and getting free money" nonsense. SWTOR crafting is all just pusing a button and getting something in return.

Isn't that the same as crafting in any game? The economy is "broke" because this is a new MMO, and the economy hasn't had time to settle. Give it time and everything will come good

Edited by Shardie

I don't think anything will get better until they improve the GTN substantially. Selling items that you craft is key to making almost all the professions worth your time. Problem is that the gear people want / need is buried below a cumbersome menu system that is hard to access from anywhere but the fleet. To make things more complicated when you want to sell something you typically want to know what price you should set, that process of looking for the item you're selling takes way too long.

I've been selling spaceship upgrade parts and that goes pretty well. I think the main reason for this is that there are no sub categories for this, you just click spaceship upgrades and search. Then there are not many things for sale so you typically find what you need right away. In every other case when I'm shopping for something on the GTN it's at least 5 steps to get where I can even look at what I want.

There should be bookmarks you can set so you click one button and it automatically searches for Medium armor, lvl 20-25, rare only. (or whatever you set) You shouldn't have to go through the steps over and over again just to find gear.

You should also be able to browse the GTN from every planet. And your ship. Limited access to player auctions is causing major turmoil in the markets. That one hour wait time when you sell something can be used for a variety of situations.

For example lets say a buyer on tattoine pulls up the GTN, sees something he wants so he buys it. He's not at a GTN terminal so he gets a message that says his item will be delivered to his mail box in 1 hour. (same way sellers get credits after sale in one hour) Just make a penalty for buying things remotely and let everyone access the GTN from everywhere. It's ridiculous that you have to travel to the fleet or a planet with a GTN to buy something.

Improve the GTN, that is how you "fix" the economy. (I would say start is a better word than fix)

Isn't that the same as crafting in any game? The economy is "broke" because this is a new MMO, and the economy hasn't had time to settle. Give it time and everything will come good

I'm sorry, you are mistaken.

The only real money sinks are large one time fees while leveling. Unfortunately, the real money is made by level 50+ players running missions and killing mobs. So the money sinks in place are largely useless. Even if you roll 7 alts on the same server and faction, then finance all their large expenditures (speeder training, VIP pass, etc) from your lone level 50 you'll recover your financial losses in under 3 days of playing that 50.

Slicing was just a symptom. Combine the fact that just playing a level 50 normally is like printing money with the fact that there are no recurring money sinks at the level cap and you have a big problem.

Crew missions are a money sink, but usually only while leveling them up. They are not a significant drain on a level capped character's income. Furthermore, it is prohibitively expensive for a leveling character to develop all intermediate recipes to Purple quality.

So what I'm suggesting is that the cost of Crew Missions should be reduced, or the chance of critting on them should be much higher (remember, money sinks while leveling are far less effective than ones at the level cap). To make up for this the cost of listing an item should remain at 25%, but only half of that should be refunded if the listing expires and your item is returned. Half the listing fee should also be charged upon completion of the sale. The changes to crew Mission skills will ensure that people can craft purples (thereby actually having something to sell) and the changes to the GTN fee will ensure that more money is removed from economy.

Many other money sinks need to be added to the level cap to keep pace with the money "printed" by the characters at the level cap. But this is a bit of a start.

And before you tell me (for the 100th time) that the economy is only 2 weeks old and that's the major problem with it, let me tell you that I'm talking about long term problems with the economy, not today's issues.