clone wars S05E13

turnoverla-page

it was good but man I every week i keep thinking well we are finally done with the droid arc only to find the next episdoe is more of that story.

This has been one long arc, one of the longest I can think of.

Four episodes, no longer than the other two this season.

Anyway, I'm just waiting anxiously for the Maul-related episodes to arrive.

This episode is PROOF of PLOT ARMOR. This needs to go on TV Tropes.com R2 surviving the epicenter of a blast of that magnatude and still being repairable and fine at the end of the episode......WHAT DA FORCE?! WHAT IS HE MADE OF PHRIK? I mean I know he was really banged up and needed serious salvage. BUT HE WAS RIGHT WHERE THE BOMBS WENT OFF! If it was any other Droid they'd be so outta luck. HE AT BEST WOULD HAVE BEEN fully disintegrated or blown into unrecognizable pieces. But because he's R2 and he is in the Movies by the grace of George Lucas he survived.

Loved the buzz droids. And Glad to see R2 didn't deal with them the way he dealt with them in Revenge.

I think they actually ended this arc rather well, and the explosion was quite a spectacle, but it probably should have been a single episode. The first was alright but the next two were just boring (I didn't really get a kick from seeing Gregor). The fourth part made up for it though but it all just feels like padding for the really meaty stories including Maul, Ventress and Sidious.

I'm a little late to the party but never mind.

This arc started off admittedly rather dull, and it took me a while to get used to the characters. But I liked the ending, and that explosion was really awesome (in fact the best thing about this arc has been the visuals, really nice).

However there seems to one small plot hole if you will, with this episode:

Anakin Skywalker was aboard the space station. So why did the Separatists attack? Sidious assumedly knew about all major Separatist movements through Dooku, so wouldn't he know about a major plot like this that could have turned the tide of the war? And if he did, how come he was willing to let the Chosen One die? Which he planned from the word go to make his apprentice? I suppose Sidious could have been unaware of this plot, but it seems somewhat unlikely.

And yes, R2 was perhaps wearing a little bit too much plot armour, that could have been done more believably...

Altogether though, an enjoyable side track to the general 'pew pew'. I look forward to the next arc.

Anakin Skywalker was aboard the space station. So why did the Separatists attack? Sidious assumedly knew about all major Separatist movements through Dooku, so wouldn't he know about a major plot like this that could have turned the tide of the war? And if he did, how come he was willing to let the Chosen One die? Which he planned from the word go to make his apprentice? I suppose Sidious could have been unaware of this plot, but it seems somewhat unlikely.

And yes, R2 was perhaps wearing a little bit too much plot armour, that could have been done more believably...

Altogether though, an enjoyable side track to the general 'pew pew'. I look forward to the next arc.

I tend to explain all the missions that put Anakin in peril as - if he fails, he's not worthy. Much like how in a comic book, Sidious was willing to offer up Vader alone to a Jedi who wanted to become his apprentice. The victor of the duel would take his place at his side.

As for R2-D2's plot armour, it's pretty ridiculous. It would have been much better to to have Wack die to show the hazards of war, or at least one of the other droids.

This was an unnecessary episode to an already overlong arc. That said, it was actually pretty good. The buzz droids seem total pointless though because they look too big to be covert and they seem to make an awful lot of noise. The explosion was pretty cool, BZ's death was actually kind of tragic, and R2 was kind of bad ***. But I can't get over how long and pointless these last two story arcs have been. They have served exactly zero point other than to be a vehicle for some Keystone Copsesque slapstick. Anyway, I hope TCW is done with these ancillary character stories. I have had all of the younglings and droids I can stand.

Well the young-ling story arc was suppose to be stand alone and not part of the new season then they added it in. I think it was a bad idea to put it back to back with the droid arc though it was to much. Hopefully we get some more action although this episode was at least better in that department than the last 2. And that explosion at the end look outstanding have to give props to the animators on that one.