Armormech Greens requiring purples

Xavevan

If you are a crafter this is a pretty big issue that should not be ignored for 2 weeks after release of the expansion. Please fix this in the next maintenance/patch update. One of the things I enjoy at the release of a new expansion is crafting armor/weapons and selling it to make $$ or trading. That is generally only profitable in the first 2 months (maybe 3 if im being generous) after the expansion releases. This has already been ignored for 2 weeks into the first month.

Thankyou.

Agree that they should fix this.

Re. profit in the first few months, I would actually carefully examine that idea in this particular situation. Players' sense of "fair prices" are calibrated to old crafting. Most of them have no idea of just how many materials new crafting needs and are not willing to pay appropriate prices (and a lot of crafters aren't adding up their actual costs, and thus aren't seeking fair prices). For instance, even one purple basic component needs 72 white, 204 green, 72 blue, and 30 purple materials. (I put a spreadsheet together during my time on PTS to help me work some of this stuff out; feel free to adapt it.) A lot of the time, I find that simply selling the materials required for any item is much more lucrative than selling the item itself. That's the thing I think won't stay the same forever (as more people become aware of the issue and/or people leave crafting). Selling materials is what I'd suggest in the first few months (obviously subject to current prices on your server).

Edited by Estelindis

I'm going to focus on what the title/subject is of the thread post. Greens requiring purple conquest mats to craft should not exist. The window to make more money off of crafting green gear is not very long after an expansion release. I am not debating the most profitable method to make money, just pointing out that they need to fix this ASAP. Please to don't steal a thread post to show off how smart you are on a topic that isn't really germane to the main topic.

I'm going to focus on what the title/subject is of the thread post. Greens requiring purple conquest mats to craft should not exist. The window to make more money off of crafting green gear is not very long after an expansion release. I am not debating the most profitable method to make money, just pointing out that they need to fix this ASAP. Please to don't steal a thread post to show off how smart you are on a topic that isn't really germane to the main topic.

Dreadfully sorry for getting in the way of all the other responses in this thread. I'm sure you could barely reach the masses of them with my post in the way. ;)

There is actually already a thread on page one of the crew skills forum on the topic of armormech greens erroneously needing purple materials. I already posted there, agreeing that green items should not need purple materials. I scarcely saw the need to repeat myself here, instead offering some free advice - advice that is, in my opinion, completely relevant to what you said in your original post. But by all means don't let my information get in the way of whatever you want to do.

Edited by Estelindis