Class Changes: Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow

EricMusco

Thank You BioWare for the few months we were not considered trash in ops. I'm eagerly waiting the "never que sin dps" comments this will inevitably force people to face in ranked.

It was not the grind to 300 I'm regretting, it was the grind to full 248.

...and overperforming in PVP...

LOL, in which imaginary reality was this? Because it most certainly was not in the one we live in. Sin was about average in regs and and a bit below in ranked.

Edited by exfell

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, in which imaginary reality was this? Because it most certainly was not in the one we live in. Sin was about average in regs and and a bit below in ranked.

I wonder too, maybe it's because I'm a healer, but assassins were never really on my radar. Not that they can't be annoying or threathning, but this nerf seems way too over the top.

But then again, what can you expect when BW always has done things half assed.

PvE isn't the only part of the game. Culling the burst is a kick in the teeth of a spec that was already garbage in tank/healer games and mediocre at best in other matches. Just having a good CC toolkit doesn't help if there is no muscle behind it. TTK in this game is way too long as it is and this balancing approach does nothing to help it.

Also, Carnage is supposed to be in the same tier as Deception when it comes to damage. They are already performing above Deception, so clearly their own damage categories don't make a lot of sense. But as you pointed out, you don't necessarily agree with this idiotic system either.

Also the Maras and Sents have better Dcd than Sin/Shadows . Out performing Sins in pvp hahahaha ...ppl who think this and want this nerf to sin/shadows must be maining a Merc / Sniper . The sin / shadow is the only class with the least defensive cool downs or utilities in the game .

The sin / shadow is the only class with the least defensive cool downs or utilities in the game .

No, don't say this because it isn't true.

Deception does have the disadvantage of light armor, but it still have some defensives, which isn't the case for Powertech. Yeah, I completely agree that defensives that last only three seconds are kinda useless in long pvp match, but they exist and can help you deliver one or two hits before going down. ^^

So, I finally get tempted to resub because of the double cxp event. During said event I go from 65 -300 command. A week after the event (under two weeks total) my main has full bis gear.

It's already bad enough that raids are fewer and farther between. Now my favorite class is getting a nerf - meanwhile my merc suddenly became quasi-tank and way more survivability outside of stealth.

The only neat lil thing my main infiltration shadow had was being able to clear weak groups quickly with shadow stride-force breach. She was hardly over-performing in pve, especially given the lack of raid utility. Meanwhile merc is allowed to practically be a mage tank and maintain better sustained damage.

The whole point of a burst spec is high burst, and you think gutting them is balance but the merc mage tank is perfectly fine.....

It's like the dev team is actively looking for ways to reduce incentive to play this game. Then I look at my support tickets and see that only my earned iokath conquest was finally credited while the rest just get closed out with automated responses instead of actual resolutions.

Maybe there are some shortcomings in your rotation that you should adjust, it's naturally difficult to play one class to its full potential, very few players can do multiple classes.

In my mind, and I think most Nightmare players would agree, all classes were overperforming heavily and often not excelling at what they were supposed to be the best at, such as MM not having the best burst (with the Viru nerf this is now adjusted), Carnage having the best sustain (Annihilation is now superior), Arsenal being the best at both bursts and sustain (now only good burst) and Sorcerer being able to solo heal several Nightmare fights.

In my opinion, some nerf can be seen as a bit harsh, and I understand that you are emotionally invested in this class and thus unable to see the bigger picture, but these class changes do make sense based on their target DPS and category strategy. Now that does not mean this is the approach I would prefer, I would rather see an HP/Damage on bosses so the result would be the same but players would see the same numbers (people focus a lot on numbers and often forget the bigger picture).

Now, I realize most of these comments are wasted on a tunnel vision focused community such as the Assassin/Shadow, but I am sure that following these readjustments and as you realize that doing 9.3k instead of 9.8k still is more than enough for all content, you will know that I was right.

I am sure that all 8 of the delusional nim raiders that are left(the good ones left long ago) will be able to support this game so that bioware doesnt shut it down. BW has a very bad habit of drooling all over the nim raiders and screwing everyone else..

Hey folks,

Below you will find the planned changes for Deception and Infiltration in Game Update 5.5:

-eric

Wow, that is some hardcore nerfing, can't imaging how badly this is going to break the class, seems all you guys want to do is break the game and the players spirits before you shut the game down.

"News flash : Road map, once we have made you all as miserable as we can, we will shine a tight at the end of the tunnel and as you approach the light and startbto feel relief, we will turn off the servers to really make it sting"

Bioware, good luck keeping your remaining players because you've just about lost them all to stupid decisions like over the top nerfs.

"News flash : door hits Assassins to the floor as they leave the game and unsub. Bioware employees take bets to see how far they can knock them across the floor"

Yeah... Hatred got some justice done here. ;)

The solution to this problem is roll hatred. Problem solved. :p

Sad nerf again. Wait till you see what they gonna do with the defenses of classes. Getting popcorn ready for that because its gonna be a real party.

Nerf swords and guns for everyone so no one gets hurt or pokes and eye out .

Also the Maras and Sents have better Dcd than Sin/Shadows . Out performing Sins in pvp hahahaha ...ppl who think this and want this nerf to sin/shadows must be maining a Merc / Sniper . The sin / shadow is the only class with the least defensive cool downs or utilities in the game .

But it does have perma-stealth, sleep without a cd and can stealth out of combat. Those are things that are very powerful in PvP particularly. I just don't get why people ignore these abilities as if they do nothing.

Sad nerf again. Wait till you see what they gonna do with the defenses of classes. Getting popcorn ready for that because its gonna be a real party.

yea but hatred takes a lot more damage

And even after nerf it doesn't do enough damage to justify the dtps

Edited by invertioN

Lol. Bioware just totally killed the viability of this class in PvP especially in Ranked where the offset of being a melee against ranged classes with absurd dcds, snares, slows and damage was the burst capability of this spec. Fortunatelly Im playing sniper now, but I just recall trying to 1v1 a merc as a sin and the dmg output was necessary to at least have a chance to go throught its 3 lives, shields and kiting

The funny thing is that only 5 maybe 10 decep sins/shadows across Harb and TRE are capable of pushing this spec to the limits in Warzones and Ranked. The rest of hundreds sins will just underperform even more after the nerf is implemented.

Note: This is from a PvP perspective. I have no idea about PvE

just reroll from one of zhe most entertaining specs (deception) to the most boring and annoying spec of this game...even the animations are worse.

even at the ne aivela & esne encounter the spec doesnt justify the better dmg output compared to burst...you'll have maybe twice the dtps from burst. try to justify this to your healers XD

The funny thing is that only 5 maybe 10 decep sins/shadows across Harb and TRE are capable of pushing this spec to the limits in Warzones and Ranked. The rest of hundreds sins will just underperform even more after the nerf is implemented.

Note: This is from a PvP perspective. I have no idea about PvE

This is 100% correct. Only a very few can reach the absolute max capability and would be doing things to the point where a nerf might even be considered. The overall masses of people playing the class will never each those levels, and thus you are hurting many people in the name of nerfing the few.

and it's even worse for PvP. Horrible, horrible, horrible decisions being made by BW.

This is 100% correct. Only a very few can reach the absolute max capability and would be doing things to the point where a nerf might even be considered. The overall masses of people playing the class will never each those levels, and thus you are hurting many people in the name of nerfing the few.

and it's even worse for PvP. Horrible, horrible, horrible decisions being made by BW.

Can we even call this a decision tbh?. They are just trying to get specs closer to their target dps, 1 by 1. I would say that's the MAIN Decision and every new change is just carrying out that decision, disregarding how the classes will perform in pvp and how that would affect other classes strength.

Can we even call this a decision tbh?. They are just trying to get specs closer to their target dps, 1 by 1. I would say that's the MAIN Decision and every new change is just carrying out that decision, disregarding how the classes will perform in pvp and how that would affect other classes strength.

They have this magical metric in mind and if some class "overperforms", they decide based solely on some dps metric to screw a class over. And that's pretty much the root of their problems. PvE and PvP are totally different and DPS is only one component of it. The devs are constantly hurting players in this game by making adjustments based one stat and how it affects PvE or PvP (usually PvE).

I also totally understand that the devs don't have the money to do the proper work to fix all this stuff. If they did, they would acknowledge the simple truth that PvE and PvP combat and how things work need to be separated. That allows changes to be made for PvP that don't break PvE and vise versa.

Currently, it seems like the issue is that infiltration is overperforming in PvE, but changes to fix that PvE overperformance are going to really, really hurt the class in PvP. The overall objective of the Devs is to create a game that people want to play and enjoy playing. Do these changes to the shadows make people want to play the toon or not play it? I realize of course, that no nerf is welcomed by the majority of players of that class, but objective minds often acknowledge when their class is OP. Given the small % of shadows that might be good enough to perform at the peak and reach this level of OP, it seems like these changes are way too much.

Yes he does, of course he does, it's getting an extra ability inside your 100% armour penetration window.

WOw,you guys are really that dumb if ur complaining about carnage mara. Carnage was never overperforming in pvp since it's burst window is always interrupted by tonnes of CC's every class in swtor has. It's always r4-7 on dps scale in the end of the warzone. Parsley info is a stupid source of info because it's not considering real-practise situations like other player's defenses,mobility,interrupts,gear differences, tester's skill and willingness to show best results etc. If your class is nerfed to ground it isn't a reason to cry about other classes. Esp if other classes you write about aren't performing well.

Hahahahaha did someone mention hatred lmao no thanks I'll just go back to darkness and do some skanking.

Also people really need to get a grip and stop being so divided afterwards this is what BW wanted when sub-classes were universal with the old skill trees and hybrids there was none of this "Buff this or Nerf this." And the actual content like the class stories had some difficulty.

Like [Voss heroic 4+] anyone remember these days?

I guess this is this issue with it now getting handed on a plate if all class story content is easy unlike in my day then it gives you a false sense of belief making you think you're good at the game/class then when you realise the truth that you suck you blame it on underperforming or over performing.

Then you get to end-game content after having it handed on a plate and realised the nerf makes them players suffer the most the ones you made this game brain dead/easy for because you wanted new/more customers in the door fast.

I just want to know who had the stupid idea to introduce a new tier of gear then spend months of developer resources nerfing classes to compensate for that gear increase.

I don't care about the nerf(s) per se but I think I'll stop playing/paying until they prove they have an even small handle on overall game design.

I just want to know who had the stupid idea to introduce a new tier of gear then spend months of developer resources nerfing classes to compensate for that gear increase.

I don't care about the nerf(s) per se but I think I'll stop playing/paying until they prove they have an even small handle on overall game design.

The thing is, there are still plenty of other classes parsing what deception currently does right now (in the same dps target bracket), but we've heard about no adjustments for them. Take a look at PowerTech AP and Mara Carnage parses...

Edited by Decidion

But it does have perma-stealth, sleep without a cd and can stealth out of combat. Those are things that are very powerful in PvP particularly. I just don't get why people ignore these abilities as if they do nothing.

Sap that doesn't work in combat, perma stealth during which they can't attack and stealth out of combat that will be negated (broken or you will be pulled to combat) by any AoE. Those are nice tools, no denying that, but you seem to heavily overestimate them. Even with them Deception is clearly behind Marauders.