If by chance they do bring Hamill, Fisher and Ford back...

TheBBP

actually i can see them as the leads in the first new movie in wich they pass the torch to a new generation :) as theyre getting to old for this sh*t ^^ and in the 2nd and 3rd theyre either dead or mentor roles :)

if not the first movie turns out to be the story of their fall and the rise of the new generation in their place :)

i cant,,ford and fisher have been badmouthing star wars for years

hamill is the only one , who embraced his role,,mostly because he was new back then

and hes the only one , who always defended the movies,,even when he shouldnt

No. I pray they don't do this.

HOWEVER: I don't mind if these actors play minor back-ground roles. Heck, if the story is based 30+ years after the battle of Yavin, then I guess there's nothing wrong with Mark Hamill playing an older, Obi-wan sort of character. But even then, Mark would have to lose some serious weight.

I'm betting that this movie will be about Luke when he's still fairly young. If this happens, then I think that bringing these actors back would be a teribble idea.

Not certain if it was in here but i heard on the radio they mentioned Ryan reynolds for han, Zac Ephron for Luke and Maggie Stone for leia..probably butchered a couple name spelling there..lol

Like OMG that would be so tots awesome!

Sarcasm for those that may have missed it.;)

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

T H R A W N trilogy.

I hope.

They are way too old for that.

If, however, they introduced new heroes. [their children maybe, as long as the audience identifies with them] and then follows these new heroes as the protagonists of the Thrawn series... yeah, it could happen, and it could be great.

Edited by maxetius

They have 2.5 years to get back in shape, I'm pretty sure the way they currently look is totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Let's not be dissing Carrie Fisher, for a lot of us she was our first love.

The planned release is for 2015, that basically means that they probably will start shooting live action scenes next year to give the CG masters enough time in post-production.

Not certain if it was in here but i heard on the radio they mentioned Ryan reynolds for han, Zac Ephron for Luke and Maggie Stone for leia..probably butchered a couple name spelling there..lol

And this is why this isn't Star Wars boys and girls.

This.

Go take a look at how the original cast is doing. Let's just say with the exception of Mr. Ford, they are all quite...err... comfortable.

Bringing them back now would be akin to casting Marlon Brando in the new Superman movie. Outside of wink wink nudge nudge it's not a good idea.

Not necessarily. I could see Mark Hamill playing a role similar to what Alec Guinness did in the original Star Wars.

Like someone said the story could very well be evolving about their children. Leya´s family most likely. Luke would be the headmaster of a school for young jedi´s or a member of the jedi counsil, maybe both. Ford would stumble upon some dark sith relic or sect or something and come see his old friend at the academy about it. Maybe bring the relic to Luke. One of the royal family would ofc happen to be a student on the academy.

Luke might try to use the relic or open it and set something free. Or he could get hurt or possesed by some dark force. The student would ask ford about the relic and try to figure out a way to save their headmaster. The Jedi counsill will probably be asked for guidance and a taskforce sent out to where ford found the relic. Some powerfull jedis and the most exeptional studen ever in the academy, ofc leya´s son or daughter, would go find answers. Some farewell scene to get Fisher a little screentime. I can easily see a story develop.

They said Episode VII might take place hundreds of years after VI. Giving time to a new Jedi order to florish and the Sith menace to make a return. To me, this IS the best way to go.

As much as i love Han Solo, luke and the rest... There adventure is DONE! Time to move on. Start Fresh with new characters to appeal both the fans and the new comers. Rather that than exploit old characters and brake them for the sake of advertising and hipping the movie.

Edited by sarazoul